1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hacking my own server

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by sarahk, Jun 11, 2004.

well, not mine exactly

the server is colocated 6 hours drive away but the hosting company doesn't have any info on it. We only have password access to the CMS but not to the database or ftp. It's friday night here, and I doubt we'll be able to get to the guys who sold us the server until Monday and I doubt they have their records of the passwords anyway.

We need to get database access. I figured if we could get ftp access we could find a config file with the database details.

Any ideas how I can do this?

sarahk, Jun 11, 2004 IP
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    is the program that you don't know the information for the ftp, or you don't know the login/pass?

if all you're missing is the ftp details, you might be able to get it by taking shots in the dark, but you never know

disgust, Jun 11, 2004 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    no login or password.

However we may have tracked down the original developer, phew!

sarahk, Jun 11, 2004 IP
  4. watz

watz Peon

Best Answers:
    what OS does the server has?
    local access is the only way to crack it, ensuring you are authorized.
    another is if it has an administration UI like webmin you can creata nd manipulate users access, if the database is a mysql you can restart it to safe mode the change the password.

watz, Sep 6, 2005 IP