1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hacing a hard time finding a writter.

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by allwayslearning, Dec 7, 2008.

1. latoya

latoya Active Member

Best Answers:
    In a better job market, most employees wouldn't consider taking a paycut. But they realize that getting a new job is nearly impossible right now and, for them, a lower, reliable income is better than a nonexistent income.

On the other hand, a freelance writer doesn't have to accept lower pay for a job because he knows that there are more jobs where that one came from. That's if you know how to market and network to get more jobs. If you don't have those skills, then yes, you're going to behave more like an employee in a bad job market and simply take what you can get.

And companies won't always pay a freelancer the lowest price possible. A smart company knows that lower price often means lower quality and there's only so far they're going to reduce price. They're not going to take a risk on something that's too good to be true, which is exactly what a low-priced, highly-experienced freelancer is. Not only that, freelancers cost less than employees, so a company could pay a freelancer the same salary as an employee and still come out cheaper because there are no insurance premiums, space costs, etc. to pay on the freelancer's behalf.

latoya, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  2. sandarr

sandarr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with JH Mattern and Latoya, on the points they have made.

Having freelanced for some time, to take a pay cut as one would in a regular job is not an option. First off they are two completely different things, taking a pay cut in a regular job changes nothing but the weekly paycheck. Taxes, benefits and things like vacation pay are still provided.

A person who is a freelance writer for a living can not take pay cuts and survive. There are things like taxes and health insurance that are paid out of the money they make. Yes, some of us really do this for a living and are able to pay our bills including taxes. Even as the economy slows it does not have the same effect on a freelance writer, as it will with the company employee, if they have a network where they are secure.

Finding a reliable writer in my opinion is not difficult if you are willing to pay decently and even with a budget that does not mean the writer should work for less pay. The amount of work the writer will do is not less, because the pay is less and a person that wants quality is going to pay a writer properly.

sandarr, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  3. Bad Sphinx

Bad Sphinx Peon

Best Answers:
    Inane means lacking significance...Length of time doesn't equal amount of output or significance.

Fact of the matter is that companies, including mine, outsource work like this to India or China for a fraction of the cost of an American freelancer for the same quality content. Nothing personal, I just like higher margins. Call me unpartriotic and I'll reply with being deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan twice, not to mention the real reason why America's elite wanted to seperate from England in the 1700's. And please don't say liberty.

If I have to agree with jhmattern on one thing, it is to diversify your income sources. From reading this message board and one other, I have been realizing $xxx,xxx net profit this past year and I'm only 22. Smart, not hard work pays off in the end.

Bad Sphinx, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  4. TheArticlePress

TheArticlePress Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd like to thank those authors because it makes professionals like myself look much better when we actually follow through and provide good content.

In my opinion, it is not unreasonable to be paid after the service for the first set of articles, however it is up to each individual to arrange I suppose. Many people are simply in this for a quick buck and have no idea how to actually provide a service.

TheArticlePress, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  5. Bad Sphinx

Bad Sphinx Peon

Best Answers:
    Well obviously...unfortunately, increased unemployment rates coincide with recessions.

I'm sorry, but you are way off on this one. Why do you think Vietnam has realized over $250 million in investment capital in the past 11 months? Or do you consider Canon for building a plant in Vietnam or GM for building a plant in China "not smart companies?"

Bad Sphinx, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  6. sandarr

sandarr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It may be true that some companies might outsource their writing jobs to India, China or other countries. There are twice that amount that will use American writers simply for the fact the American writer will have knowledge of their product or the fact the writing will be noticeably American.

As for your service, thank you, from the mother of a career solider 15 years active duty and as a former military wife. As for being unpatriotic, that is something that would not even be brought up in a conversation of this type. The slow economy in the United States is affecting other countries also and from what I have read here no one has said this only concerns American writers.

sandarr, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  7. webguy444

webguy444 Banned

Best Answers:
    I believe this is exactly correct. I hesitate to get into the subject of outsourcing because I know how much it costs to survive in America, compared to some of the other foreign competition. I am getting programming for a fraction of the cost, which is actually allowing my company to R and D to build our capital, otherwise, we would not be able to start new projects right now. That's just the cold hard facts.

webguy444, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  8. nosleepno

nosleepno Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had far better luck finding writers in person, not online. Just ask around your group of friends. If your situation is anything like mine, you will quickly find great writers who are eager for some extra cash.

Granted, most of them don't know a thing about SEO. That really isn't a problem though. I just give them a big set of example articles, to show how the particular keyword phrase is used in it.

It is alot easier to make a deal in person than online.

nosleepno, Jan 8, 2009 IP
  9. papacha

papacha Member

Best Answers:
    Search for a good writer once and start giving him the work again and again this not only helps u save time but also provides the person to work for you with more respect , by continuously believing him.

papacha, Nov 26, 2009 IP