1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

h1 tag question

Discussion in 'CSS' started by fryman, Oct 7, 2005.

I have a word with h1. The problem is that there is a lot of whitespace above and under that word because of the h1 tag, how can I make that whitespace smaller?

fryman, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  2. JeremyMiller

JeremyMiller Guest

Best Answers:
    Adjust the margin and padding. display:inline will prevent it from forcing a <BR> on the page.

JeremyMiller, Oct 7, 2005 IP
  3. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I would try to "tweak" the margin and padding in the CSS to help with this problem.

wrmineo, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  4. cagintranet

cagintranet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wrmineo is right on the money fryman. using css like that, or with specifing each H Tag seprately with CSS will fix this, and it will allow you to put more text on your site in the all-valuable H tags because you can just integrate the look of the text very well.

on my pittsburghsource site below i am using all the way up to h5 i believe.

cagintranet, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  5. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks cagintranet, I can't take full credit, it's a css that I have in one of my DW templates that just happens to work well for me :)

Another cool thing about using CSS though, is that you can tweak it in such a way to make the headings appear how you want - even the same size as your other text without "going large" but still providing an "outline" and emphasis for bots:

In the instance above, the text is the same size as other text ... giving you more room yet again as cagintranet pointed out with the padding and margin.

wrmineo, Oct 8, 2005 IP