1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

H1 and H2

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by googlesiterank, Nov 20, 2012.

I keep reading here how H1 and H2 is important for SEO. With Wordpress I googled how to set them up and got conflicting results. Do I need manually do these or does WP set them up automatically? If so, how is it done?

googlesiterank, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  2. georgefuller

georgefuller Member

Best Answers:
    H stands for heading.. you have to use H1 once in every page as your main title of the content and H2 for the sub title as second title.

georgefuller, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  3. andersonsjohn

andersonsjohn Banned

Best Answers:
    Header tags (H1, H2, H3 …..) are the second most important onpage SEO factor that you can use to get better SERPs. Search Engines still(with so much of the algorithm based on backlinks) give decent importance to the Header tags and having your target keywords in them can do a lot of good.

- Use the same target keyword in H1, H2 and H3 tags. This will make the page look focused on a single keyword and gain importance in the Search Engine’s eyes.
    - Don’t use target keyword in H1 tag but use them in H2 and H3 tags. According to them H1 tags have been so abused that Search Bots and algorithm does not give as much importance to them as before. Much like they disregard meta-keywords tag.
    - Use “keyword” as H1 tag and “keyword”+ “some word” as H2 and H3 tags. Lets assume your keyword is “Header Tags”. Use “Header tags” in H1, “Header tags Secrets” in H2 and “Header tags Secrets Unveiled” in H3.
    If you are intelligent (which I am sure you are [​IMG] ), you must have understood by now that none of the aforementioned strategies work well. If you want to do “Good SEO” with the header tags follow the rules set by Google and other Search Engines and use them optimally.

andersonsjohn, Nov 20, 2012 IP