1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guys with Money?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by soapbath, Jun 14, 2005.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    But if you have your own car you could always run your own limo service. You still have a car but it's earning you $$$

We have names for boys like that ;)

sarahk, Jun 15, 2005 IP
  2. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is not my field, I am just a consumer but if you decide to start one, don't forget to send me a business card. ;)

gworld, Jun 15, 2005 IP
  3. Dawn

Dawn Peon

Best Answers:
    Money does not buy happiness. This phrase should be followed by "Just Kidding" :D I heard a comedian say that recently.

Dawn, Jun 15, 2005 IP
  4. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    Been there, done that, it ends in tears :)
    On the other hand, we have to recognise that ALL relationships are transactional. Personally I would rather that the medium of exchange was transparent and everyone was honest about what goes on. Beyond that, who am I to judge? In most parts of the world and throughout most of humanities history, marriage has had a significant economic aspect.

Trance-formation, Jun 15, 2005 IP
  5. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You're obviously an incurable romantic, Trance :D

minstrel, Jun 15, 2005 IP
  6. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    Not so, Minstrel, romance is a treatable condition :D 100 quid a session, I'll have you wondering what all that wine and roses shit was all about

Trance-formation, Jun 15, 2005 IP
  7. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Call my office. I think I can cure your cynicism :D :D

minstrel, Jun 15, 2005 IP
  8. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I like this one:)

Trance-formation, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  9. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Was Ken Kesey on acid when he wrote that?

minstrel, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  10. Shan

Shan Guest

Best Answers:
    The whole dating thing. I've been thinking about it alot lately.

Why do people date each other? Most of the time because one or the other or both, has something to offer. Be it money, time, a car, good looks, social status, it could be any number of reasons. Everywhere I look I see people out to get something from someone. blahh..maybe it's just me but that is how I see the dating scene right now.

I think too, that as you get older you have to start looking for partners that are on an even keel with yourself. I can't say how it is for middle aged men, they seem to like to revert to boys and have that "fun" type of dating scene again, but I know for myself, I'm definetly NOT willing to be the breadwinner, billpayer, all expense covering sugar momma.

It's got to be an equal relationship with both parties working towards common goals. If one partner is working all the time and bringing in the money and the other just gets to spend the majority of their time sitting around relaxing and spending your hard earned cash, believe me, resentment is going to follow....

Guys that do that sort of thing are called gigalo's where I'm from. Girls that do it get called Golddiggers (and much worse). Either way, anyone that does it and then gets mad when you leave, are L USERS in my book. :mad:

Shan, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  11. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you think?
    ;)

12. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    Speaking for this middle aged (nearly :cool: ) man, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes :eek:

13. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Off topic: I misread this post for a second - a simple word substution puts quite a different light on the post :D
    Then I saw this:

No. that's only Michael Jackson (allegedly). I don't think most middle aged men start developing an interest in dating boys :eek:

That's called "parenting" :D

One of my sons when he was about 13 told me, "We both have a job here, dad. Your job is to earn money. My job is to spend it."

minstrel, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  14. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I can't wait until I've got enough money that bimbos start chasing me for it :D

jlawrence, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  15. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The whole issue of women exchanging sex for some type of retribution really gets under my skin. I think it’s stupid for women to that what’s between their legs is such a hot commodity and they should be compensated for it. Let me just tell all of the women that believe that one thing: Your $%$# isn’t special. Every woman has one. Now stop trying to rent it.

Sex is free, love is even cheaper.

Now I’ve had girlfriends that I’ve lived with and I provided for them financially, but they returned the favor with love, sex, companionship and more. I was the only one bringing in money, but I didn’t have to bother with cleaning, washing, or things like that. The situation worked for us, but it wasn’t based on any conditions. The relationship wasn’t situational, meaning if I stopped making as much money then she was going to cut back on what she was doing.

On the other hand I’ve had girls expect me to compensate them in some form or another for time or sex. One girl once told me “I don’t have sex in town. I like to go out of town and then I’m wild.” Well a few hours later she was picking her clothes off the floor and she’s still waiting for her free trip.

So I’ll just end my little rant with the lyrics of DMX

So what is it you want from a nigga? (what? )
    I gave you, you gave me - bitch, I blazed you, you blazed me (c’mon)
    Nothin more, nothin less, but you at my door
    Willin to confess that it’s the best you ever tested
    Better than all the rest, I’m like, ’aight girlfriend, hold up
    I gave you, what you gave me boo, a nut (f’real)’

Hodgedup, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    you guys never talked to your parent's female friends?

Bet you anything that a at least 1 has stayed with their husbands (and continued to sleep with them) long after any affection has ceased because the economic reality of splitting was more than either could face.

In the retirement village my mother is in there have been 2 elderly women who have got their husbands "settled" then walked out, desperate not to waste what little time remains.

sarahk, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  17. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I don't know. I'm married now, but when I was single, I think I was more popular with the girls when I was poor. Contrary to popular folklore, buying a Porsche didn't do anything for the ladies. My girlfriend at the time (now my wife), did get all kinds of guys coming on to her when SHE was driving though. LOL.

nevetS, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  18. Shan

Shan Guest

Best Answers:
    lmao...you cracked me up...the whole hating thing...why DO people hate each other? Sometimes it's just unavoidable eh...

Maybe I should have said, "Revert to acting like boys.

And it only counts as "parenting" if there are kids around to parent. My ex sat around on his ass most of the time, quit his full time job figuring he would relax and live off what I was bringing in, no kids living with us. Thats being a L USER. :rolleyes:

Shan, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    My Mum's lived on her own for 20 years, hasn't needed to work (thanks to her Daddy's efforts). doesn't matter whose money it is, it's a life half lived.

Even if you don't earn $$$ you should be doing something you feel passionate about.
    There are m/billions of people out there who have to work at crap jobs just to survive. If you are lucky enough not to be one of them then you should still be doing something!

And do you really want to be with someone who has no spark or zest for life?

sarahk, Jun 16, 2005 IP
  20. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    I luv that song!! :) *sticks it on*

MELLA, Jun 17, 2005 IP