1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guys with Money?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by soapbath, Jun 14, 2005.

A Question to the guys of this forum? Would you mind if I gave you 'Lovin' aslong as you had money? *Aka Using you?* I don't see why men are so.. againts it!

soapbath, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Hmm I have an uncle whose wife married him for his cash and that marriage is rock bottom. It's like Dr. Phil says: "If you are marrying for money, you will earn every penny."

Blogmaster, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There is nothing wrong with love for money, as long as you don't marry her. :D

gworld, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  4. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    lol he got suckered in big time :rolleyes:

5. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't understand why men are so against it? :D

What about if a guy was using you just for your money?

I think it's wrong. Money might be able to buy you a lot but at the end of the day it doesn't necessarily bring you happiness. You should not give guys 'lovin' for any other reasons than love.

what? who said that? ... Shag the rich bastards senseless!

MELLA, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Bahahaha... are you kidding? Are you soliciting prostitution services or something?? :)

What exactly are you talking about? Like some guy gives you a certain amount of money for some "lovin"? :) Or something more "normal", like you actually have a boyfriend that buys you things?

If it's the latter, it's pretty normal I would think (although I wouldn't say it's "right"). It kind of goes both ways (which still doesn't make it "right"). Like no matter *how* nice some girl is, I wouldn't see myself getting involved with her if she was really hard on the eyes (just not attracted to her). So yeah... our society is screwed up that way... Our society tells us from birth that females should be beautiful and guys need to be rich.

That being said, how good looking *are* you? {lol} Kidding... I'm *KIDDING*... :)

digitalpoint, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Marriage should be about teamwork. It takes 2 to make a good life for each others. A marriage can make or break a man. When there is no balance, there is chaos.

Like I told one of my exgirlfriends once:

behind every great man, there is a great woman.

and

Behind every loser there is a bitch that won't stop nagging :D lol

btw success in life is not based on money but everything and yes: money is an important part of it :cool:

lol next thing we'll know some rich dude is going to search on Google for something like that and will find his way here :rolleyes:

8. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    I think girls that use men for their money are called Golddigga's. And I know a few. I don't think it's cool and I have tried warning a few guys about their girlfriends, and they wouldn't listen and in the end I turned out to be right.

Golddigga's are like glorified prozzies. So money doesn't get exchanged but They buy you things and you basically have a non emotional sexual relationship with them.

On a side note it is happenening to me now - I know someone thats using me just because I know someone with a yacht. ha ha ha ha. I Hope you are reading this & paying attention YOUNG MAN :D

MELLA, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    depends what you're up for. Looking round at my friends I have

* couples who were on low wages but they now have kids and both have to work full time to get by and life is a struggle
    * couples who were on ok wages but they now have kids and the wife doesn't work and they struggle financially but everything is balanced and they're happy
    * couples where the wife can earn decent money working part time which gives the husband more flexibility to take risks - which usually work out because he's not fretting about the bad things and focussed on what needs to be done - and the whole family is happy.

If I were a guy I would be looking for a bright chick with earning potential so that when the kids come along you can both take time out to look after them (if that's what you want) or to travel, etc. Yeah, looks matter but by the time you've had a couple of kids and a few years have passed you're over the looks and the substance is way more important.

And that's no worse than a girl who says that she'll only date guys with good prospects. She may not be a gold digger, she's just looking out for her future family.

Not that she even knows she's doing it often, but it's an inbuilt survival feature.

Sarah

sarahk, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  10. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    There is something called being a "kept" woman. Basically, you get all of your stuff paid for, just to be available for when "the man" wants you to be. But, it doesn't sound like that is what we are talking about here. :) Sounds like some straight ho'ing

chachi, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  11. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    ummm ... get out of that scenario, girl. You're smarter than that :cool:

12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well as I said... it's not fair and it's definitely not right, but everyone discriminates based on things the other person can't change. For example, would you date someone that was just butt ugly but really nice? Probably not. And someone can change their financial situation more than they can their looks... So dating someone based on looks is worse than basing it on money. And everyone is guilty of it, so...

See? Same thing, but genders reversed. He uses you for your money and you use him for his looks. {shrug}

13. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Well.....i know that my hubby didn't marry me for my earning potential. i'm in human services so i will NEVER make money :)

and i'm about as average looking as ya can get, so it wasn't THAT either.....i'm a lucky one, we got married for love.

all in all....yeah, being with someone SOLEY for money i think is pretty bad.....

wendydettmer, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  14. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    Where I live (Pacific Beach) it's a cool mix of people of all income classes but there are many wealthy people here in general. I don't like it when I go downtown or other areas in SD (Carlsbad, La JOlla, Del Mar etc) where everything depends on how much you make.

15. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest though, yes I would date someone that is ugly. Obviously not OMIGAH' put-a-paper-bag-over-your-head-my-eyes-are-bleeding-ugly but I have dated ugly guys sure, purely because their personality was so lovely it quite literally shone through and it was then that I saw that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Bhwhahahahaha Okay babe thanks I literally just spat my 7up over the screen. :D :D

But it's true. He's really hot. But he knows it :p

MELLA, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  16. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    maybe it's just the way of the world and we are all naive. Just look at britney and Kevin :rolleyes:

17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sarahk - right... at some level it's an instinctual survival mechanism. Animals are attracted to mates that are healthy and attractive (not just people). They have a better chance to reproduce offspring that are healthy and strong. Same thing with people. I would actually think twice about having kids with someone who had chronic/genetic health problems (always sickly) for example. Not because I wouldn't like her, but same thing... I would want strong/healthy kids.

Right... I'm not saying everything is based solely on looks, but looks definitely can get you in the door with someone. At least gives you the opportunity to show there is more to you than looks. I would never date someone solely on looks either. A hot chick that is annoying/stupid is worse than a smart/cool (but ugly) chick ANY DAY. But I'm just saying that it's harder for ugly people to "get in the door".

See? I'm right then! :)

18. Bazkaz

Bazkaz Peon

Best Answers:
    I love how Shawn always says he's kidding twice just to make sure people get it. ;)

Bazkaz, Jun 14, 2005 IP
  19. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wrong. Behind every great man, there is a great woman and behind her is his wife. ;)

The difference between having a wife or having a girlfriend for money is like buying your own car or using a Limo service.

While Limo can sound expensive, if you add all the costs of private car like depreciation, service, gas,... you will notice that Limo is a better alternative.

Plus if you are not satisfied with limo company service, you can always go to another company while with your own car, you are stuck, especially if it is lemon. :D

gworld, Jun 15, 2005 IP
  20. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I'm waiting for some female members to get on you. You're on your own now, buddy ;)

Blogmaster, Jun 15, 2005 IP