1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gun ownership and defense of Constitution

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gworld, Nov 10, 2013.

One of the main reasons gun lobby is used for ease of gun ownership is that armed people will be able to defend the U.S. Constitution and also because their right to the gun ownership is guaranteed in the constitution. Lets see what has happened to the constitution so far.

In today´s USA the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh amendments have already disappeared and gone which makes me wonder when all the gun lobbies and gun nuts are going to use their guns to defend the U.S. Constitution? :rolleyes:
    Can it be that all these talks are just a way to avoid regulation for responsible gun ownership so gun manufacturers can sell more guns? ;)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    gworld, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Two comments:

1) Were you planning on providing evidence as to the disappearance of amendments 4,5,6,and 7? I can only assume you are talking about Gitmo, which does not detain a single US citizen.
    2) It seems your argument is that the government has already abolished most of our civil rights, so why fight for what is left. I hope you can see how absurd that argument is.

I constantly hear liberals complain about how absurd it is to think citizens with their pea shooters(AR15s) could defend themselves against the all seeing all powerful US government, should it ever decided to seriously start oppressing it's own people. I would point those people to the recent case of one Christopher Dorner. One lunatic, armed with an assault rifle, picked off numerous members of one of the most militarized police forces on the planet.

If one armed person can send the militarized government into chaos, just imagine what that scene looks like when the government turns oppressive on a population where large percentages of the people own a myriad of fire arms. Working for a government agency would become a job with a very short life expectancy. Perhaps the government would respond with AC130s against it's own population. Perhaps they would go Syria's route and just use nerve gas. Once that barrier is passed, it would cease to be a legitimate government, and the end is just a matter of time, either by the hand of it's own citizens, or more likely, external forces.

The point is, firearm ownership creates a sort of Mutually Assured Destruction relationship with a government that would oppress it's own people. The founding fathers stated as much in their writings. Disarm a civilian population and you have removed a major roadblock in becoming N. Korea.

Obamanation, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As usual you are wrong in your assumption. In regard to the fourth amendment, I quote an employee of the U.S. Government.

Frank D. Mylar J.D., M.B.A.
    Testimony of Frank Mylar
    U.S. Senate, Committee on the Judiciary April 14, 2004

"Another problem in the Patriot Act, Section 213, is 'authorizing' or 'allowing' secret searches of peoples' homes and workplaces. These so-called 'sneak and peek' searches, are contrary to well-established Fourth Amendment requirements that government agents must 'knock and announce' prior to conducting a search to allow those who have been served with a warrant to challenge things like mistaken identity or an incorrect address. Under Section 213 you may never have an opportunity to challenge an illegal search because he may never receive notice that a search was conducted at all."

"The same specter of the 'writs of assistance' fought by Otis in 1761 haunt us today in the subtle guise of the USA Patriot Act. For the same reasons we must oppose such writs to protect the country that was conceived in fighting for such rights.
    For over two-hundred years the Fourth Amendment requirements that searches and seizures be reasonable, that warrants be particular and specific, and that reasonable suspicion of an individual nature of criminal activity be present before the government intrudes upon a citizen have served us well and have caused us to be the envy of free people and those who wish to be free around the world. Vile acts of terrorism, such as 9/11, cannot justify compromising these constitutional principles."

"The TSA has become such an embarrassment with its incompetence, larceny, arbitrary policies, and 'hugely greater' budgets that it will likely be abolished. That doesn't mean passengers will recover their Fourth Amendment rights, especially because general searches are turning up treasures beyond nail files: drugs and other contraband are putting more Americans behind bars and yielding more money in fines. Rather, the feds will shift the TSA's 'duties' to other bureaucracies. As the government continues to criminalize behavior, and to ban the accouterments of that behavior, airport searches will become increasingly valuable for discovering 'criminals.' Americans who might object to being frisked on the street, who would insist on a warrant before allowing a cop to toss their home, actually want government agents to search them at airports. After all, that's what keeps them safe. Imagine their shock when they realize their protectors have become their wardens."

I also wonder if you have heard about Snowden and information he provided regarding the domestic spying on Americans?:rolleyes: Don´t worry if that is not enough, Obama is trying to pass a new law that makes all your banking information open to the government. ;)
    Will you be able to figure out about 5,6 and 7 amendment or should I explain it to you?

gworld, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  4. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't argue that much of the Patriot Act seems unconstitutional. One can only hope it falls under SCOTUS scrutiny soon.

Obamanation, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  5. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    During the last 12 years it was not about Patriot Act which seems to be unconstitutional, it has been about "Patriot" actions which are unconstitutional. ;)

No effort was made to indict him for any crimes (despite a report last October that the Obama administration was "considering" indicting him). Despite substantial doubt among Yemen experts about whether he even has any operational role in Al Qaeda, no evidence (as opposed to unverified government accusations) was presented of his guilt. When Awlaki's father sought a court order barring Obama from killing his son, the DOJ argued, among other things, that such decisions were "state secrets" and thus beyond the scrutiny of the courts. He was simply ordered killed by the President: his judge, jury and executioner. When Awlaki's inclusion on President Obama's hit list was confirmed, The New York Times noted that "it is extremely rare, if not unprecedented, for an American to be approved for targeted killing."

Salon.com – Glenn Greenwald-The due-process-free assassination of U.S. citizens is now reality

Fifth Amendment- GONE

gworld, Nov 10, 2013 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Actually the "Bill of Rights" is what guarantees the right to bear arms. It's there so that we can protect ourselves from our government. That's why the left wants that right removed.

I understand that it gets pretty cold in Canada and that these sudden changes in temperature can affect ones thought patterns. That said, back here in a little place called reality, the fourth, fifth and sixth Amendments to the US Constitution are very much intact, and number two is the reason!

Mia, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  7. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don´t blame you for not being able to understand what is posted in black and white because I have heard that the hormones you took for your sex change operation can have such negative effects. ;):)

gworld, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Says the guy who lives in Europe Canada.. ;)

Mia, Nov 20, 2013 IP
    robjones likes this.
  9. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I know you are trying to sound witty, but you sound stupid instead. ;):)

gworld, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Mosin Nagant 91/30 1932 Tula plant, iron sights 100 yards. Seems your interest in gun control extends beyond your jealousy of those that have that right.... Have fun in Europe. Try it some time before you lecture others on what our Bill Of Rights entails. Afraid you might actually enjoy it?

[​IMG]

Mia, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. It seems all the cheese in the state has made a cheese of your brain too. You can own guns in Canada or Europe too but you need to register in a gun course /club so you can show you know how to handle a gun and then the police make a criminal check to insure that you are not a criminal and they issue a permit that you can take to a gun shop and purchase what you want. As long as you have the permit, you can buy as many as you like.

[​IMG]

gworld, Nov 20, 2013 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You're required to "register" kiddo, so your government knows what you have and where you have it when it comes time to get it. Background checks take place here, and people who exercise their right in this country spend a great deal of time training. Never know when we'll need them.

Mia, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. We all know when you NEEDED to defend your country because you were claiming that America is under the attack, you immediately developed an acute case of the missing ball syndrome that stopped you from joining the army. Tell us again, what was your rank in CHICKEN brigade? A pu*sy is a pu*sy no matter how many guns they can buy. ;):)

gworld, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Julian ^ Known internet tuff guy! And Eurocanadian.

Mia, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  15. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I can understand how any normal man will look tuff to a CHICKEN.

gworld, Nov 21, 2013 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    One of my most memorable images of Julian:

[​IMG]

This is Spain btw ^^^

Mia, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Of course everyone believes Miss Mia from Italy just by looking at her. ;):)

[​IMG]

gworld, Nov 22, 2013 IP