1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guideline for traffic

Discussion in 'Google' started by mk39, Feb 24, 2012.

Hi,

I have a website, which I changed few days ago. I had different content before, I have changed template content and everything. I need help for:

1) Google crawl my website immediately(within few minutes) but I have no traffic. How can I take advantage of immediate crawl? (I check it by site:www.mydomain.com and it shown me pages which added few minutes before)

2) In my Google Webmaster tool, I see 2 issues; one is 404 page error is a lot. How to remove those error? Second, I have submitted sitemap where it is shown that 50% of page are indexed but I can see using site:www.mydomain.com that all page are crawled? Any advise?

Thanks

mk39, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  2. cesarian

cesarian Active Member

Best Answers:
    immediate crawl doesn't mean that it will rank well. I have websites that also get immediate crawl but the position of the page crawled is 90+. You should do on-page and off-page SEO to rank better. Other ways to get traffic are promoting your site in social sites, forums ,etc.

For 404 page check if there are links or reference to the 404 page in your site. Also if it's linked from external sources you might redirect the 404 url to an existent page. Then the 404 report will be gone by itself.

cesarian, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  3. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    In order to remove 4404 error, you have to redirect these pages to some other relevant pages.

As far as crawling is concerned, cesarian is right, immediate crawl doesn't mean ranking, you have to promote your website to get some good traffic chunks.

C.Rebecca, Feb 27, 2012 IP
  4. imfusa

imfusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have submitted the sitemap, than just, wait, it may be a large sitemap and you may need to wait a bit.

imfusa, Feb 29, 2012 IP
  5. mrelk159

mrelk159 Member

Best Answers:
    Get quality backlinks from high PR ranking site and do not worry about short-term, because ranking higher in the long term is much more important

mrelk159, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  6. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Build quality backlinks for your website.

jhardy2008, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  7. localnumberone

localnumberone Peon

Best Answers:
    First you have to make sure that all the pages that have been added in sitemap.xml are really exist or not. If your sitemap contain pages that do not exist then update your sitemap and submit again. If sitemap is fine and these pages have not been added still you get 404 error then validate a permanent solution page for your site and put a permanent redirection from any non available URL to that page.

For your first question I would like to tell you that it take time to grab traffic from search engine. Crawling is different thing and it has nothing to do with traffic. You'll get traffic when your site will be ranked top for some keywords.

localnumberone, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  8. ashleyjohn2347

ashleyjohn2347 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all for the solution and information.

ashleyjohn2347, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  9. Micheal William

Micheal William Peon

Best Answers:
    To resolve the error 404 and other http code error page,set the error pages to a specific page of a website to avoid this..!!
    Better on-page and a consistent off-page will work for it..!!

Micheal William, Mar 27, 2012 IP