1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guide To Gaining More Likes/shares/comments On Your Facebook Page!

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by swood, Feb 14, 2013.

Hey everyone!

I see loads of people asking for advice on how to gain more likes, shares and just general activity on their Facebook pages. I've decided to post this guide of all the techniques i use and you can use to hopefully gain a larger more active community.

I have my own general entertainment Facebook page which i started on the 26th November 2012 - Random-Scribblings (Will be changing to SuperBored soon), so i have first hand experience with how difficult it can be to grow. Gaining a larger community is no easy task. It takes a lot of time, patients, effort and money (If you have it to spend).

I recommend reading the Facebook Page Guidelines. You'd be surprised how many rules you could be breaking without realising "We reserve the right to reject or remove Pages for any reason. These terms are subject to change at any time."

Key:
    Good - The best advice and tips you can use to gain real likes and interaction from users.
    Neutral - These tips and techniques could fail, but also could have a big pay off.
    Bad - Avoid using these techniques, they could result in your page and/or account being banned/removed.

Good
    ~Content -Content is absolutely key! Depending on your niche you should briefly plan your status updates before hand: Is it too long, is it to short, has it got enough information, does it need links, does it need a picture? And other factors should be taken into consideration.
    ~Activity - Again, depending on the niche of your page. Adding more content should be done as often as possible. Users are going to be less likely to come back if you only update every now and then. I try and update Random-Scribblings once every hour.
    ~Spelling and punctuation - Check your spelling and grammar before posting anything. Bad punctuation and spelling makes your page look unprofessional.
    ~Eye catching - Adding a landing page and making it look flashy, but not over the top, can make your page more attractive and look professional to users. But that all depends on your niche. If you're selling products, it would be good to use this to display your latest products or whatnot.
    ~Invite friends and family - Inviting all your friends and family can be of great help as they are usually more likely to share and engage than random users.
    ~Profile and cover photo - Adding an attractive, eye catching and appropriate profile picture is a great way to look professional and give a brief idea of what the page is about. However check the Facebook Guidelines first so you don't break a rule.
    ~About info - Make sure you utilise this wisely. Adding precise info in the 'Short Description' box will help users understand the page quickly and easily. Make sure to add as much info as you feel necessary in the 'Description' box.
    ~Contests/competitions/give-aways - This can be a fantastic way to gain traffic to your page. Give something valuable away for free, and people will flock to your page. Try and make the prize appropriate to your niche. Read the Facebook Guidelines because it's very easy to break a rule.
    ~Facebook ads - Possibly the best way to gain real, active likes. Facebook ads have many different options and techniques to help you target the right market for your page.
    ~Clever promotion - This is difficult but if pulled off can work wonders. For example if someone posts on Yahoo answers, a forum, a blog "What can i do to prevent boredom" or something along those lines. As my page is a general entertainment page, i could say "There are loads of funny FB pages you could use, such as...". There i would add my link as well as a couple others to make it look more natural.
    ~Like 4 like/Share 4 share - Contacting similar niche pages and offering a like 4 like or share 4 share deal can be beneficial for both parties.
    ~Engaging with other communities - Commenting, sharing and liking other pages posts makes your page look friendly and will give you a lot more exposure. Don'tspam tho, otherwise you'll look unprofessional and it will get you banned!

Neutral
    ~Buying likes - Depending on whether you're going for amount of likes over active community. Paying for mass likes is a good way of getting dumb (non-active profiles) likes. However be careful! If you're going to buy likes, buy them in smallish amounts and let time pass before buying more to avoid any unwanted attention from Facebook staff.
    ~Buying mentions on other pages - This can be a waste of money if you don't do your research. Don't take an offer based on the amount of likes a page has. Take into consideration when they started, how many users are talking about them, how many comments and likes most statuses receive etc.

Bad
    ~Spamming - Obvious spamming either using an automated system of manually i.e. posting your link on a forum, FB page status, blog comment etc. Will get you banned from posting in the same place again and you'll look needy and unprofessional to users.

If you feel i have missed anything out or have general comments on this guide, please feel free to post below.

I hope this helps some of you out there. Come back and post your success stories below if any of the above techniques have worked for you.

Thank you for reading!
    swood

swood, Feb 14, 2013 IP
    afoley77 and ryan_uk like this.
  2. Nonikatz

Nonikatz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I believe the best way to get Real Taking About is to provide Real Content and to join a big Fanpages Network

Nonikatz, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  3. swood

swood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Content is definitely key. Providing content that people want to comment on, and want to share with their friends is the only way to get ahead.

swood, Mar 28, 2013 IP
  4. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes content is the key..no doubt...but try to bound user with unique post. Such post never heard about or tricky post. Interesting post related to your business will definitely increase your user interaction.

MayurKawale, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  5. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice given in this post.

Thanks for the tips.

All the best.

Gianni Palazzo, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  6. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice information, I want to thank you by just re-sharing your post here...

afoley77, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  7. Mugen75

Mugen75 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi!

Where do you join them please?

Thanks in advance.

Mugen75, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  8. angierose

angierose Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for providing the correct information along with suggestion of the fainpages Network.

angierose, Jan 27, 2018 IP