1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guide To Achieving A Successful Website (Revised)

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ratman2050, Oct 10, 2006.

1. sonicstyler

sonicstyler Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips Ratman:)
    I want to mention about write articles and submitting to article directories.
    This is a great way to get back links to your site.

sonicstyler, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  2. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, very good for this noobie, too. Not all the typical <h1>, etc. advice. Ultimate compliment: i printed it out.

flip, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  3. Ratman2050

Ratman2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes that is a great way too.

I think just by reading this entire thread you can knowledge yourself about great SEO.

Oh yeah thanks for printing it out it makes me feel happy!:)

Ratman2050, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  4. dastuff

dastuff Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the list, it looks good... Although it doesn't contain everything I use it's a great start/refresher :D

Goodjob!~

dastuff, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  5. visio123

visio123 Banned

Best Answers:
    the link below is for a list of directories, the ones search engines friendly very nice organized by Vilesilencer.

http://info.vilesilencer.com/seo-friendly-list.xls

just download, 465 directories, PR, free or fee, the all thing!

there is also an article submiter, I will try to find if there is a free download link.

visio123, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  6. Ratman2050

Best Answers:
    Manual is the best way to go. You never know what happens with scripts.

Like I said, nothing comes without hard work and patience.

7. Ratman2050

Best Answers:
    New tip for poeple with money:

If you get 100$ saved up and you really want your site to get successful, then do this:

Buy a 10 PR4 links for $10 each. Have a sitemap submitted on Google Webmaster tools. Then wait a week or so, check your backlinks and link popularity and indexed pages. You will see that they have increased significantly.

It takes about 2-3 days for google to index a PR4-PR5 link and PR6+ it takes 1-2 days.

For example on my site www.fantasy-pc.com

I just changed domains so its new from Oct. 8 2006. It has been about 12 days and I already have 401 backlinks all together and 267 direct links pointing to my domain. I also have a predicted page rank of 4 accuracy 77% compared to my old subdomain that has been up for 2.5 months with a 3 PR and about 200 backlinks.

I have been doing heavy seo and bought over 10 PR 4-6 Site links costing me lots of money, but it really is worth it. So save up and buy links, then when you get a good PR maybe about PR 3-4 you can do link exchanges with PR 5-6 sites.

8. seo-mumbai

seo-mumbai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good directory list visio123,thanks for list.If we submit to hige pr directoeys i think our pr improves lot.

seo-mumbai, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  9. linkmanager

linkmanager Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice post.. I would like to add one more;)

Get ORIGINAL content for You site..and You will never touch the problem with duplicate content. Google lovs uniq content ;)

linkmanager, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  10. invincible.vib

invincible.vib Peon

Best Answers:
    very informative tips..but u missed few very basic points.

invincible.vib, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  11. Ratman2050

Best Answers:
    Like what?

Ratman2050, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  12. parusa619

parusa619 Banned

Best Answers:
    What do you mean post 50? 50 per day, per week, or per month?

Edited: Thanks for the information :)

parusa619, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  13. visio123

visio123 Banned

Best Answers:
    Google is most probably rebuild its index sometime in November, the link below is a very nice tool to check if in anyway a website is:

Search engine SPAM detector
    "Is your work/business based on detectable tricks?"

http://tool.motoricerca.info/spam-detector/

visio123, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  14. visio123

visio123 Banned

Best Answers:
    Ratman2050, I hope you don’t really believe we have exhausted the SEO subject; we at most have touched it slightly! It is never ending because the search engines are also at the same time changing their algorithms.

Let’s go back to basics, how to choose a domain, I think this example is quite good, please follow me.

If you ever decide to start a website then you certainly will be in need a domain. Lets be clear from the very beginning, this will be your most important decision, it is not choosing the web host, because web hosts if you are not happy with them you can change, even if it is a hassle! The domain, is not so easy, imagine Google, deciding to change the domain google.com to something else, how many people do you think would follow them?

So if you agree that domain is one of the most important decisions you are going to take, let’s continue.

The two rules, not to forget, COM is better, 2nd the smaller the better, I have a customer who registered the following domain: globaltrustassetmanagement.com

Yes this domain is like 30 letters, if you have to type it on your browser, it will be a Herculean task!

So a domain with 6 to 12 letters is perfect. Hosting-marketers.com I registered when I did not know as much as I know now…

Lets go to the basics, I’m going to give you an example, actually this example is from last night.

Last night chatting with my brother in law, I realized that he wanted advice for a web site and to which affiliate program he should join, an example of a web site with reviews of furniture came up. I gave him a short lesson using a blog and explained that even with a blog a person could make money, between a furniture web site and a blog with new content every day, most probably when a consumer searched the net for some product they will be directed to the blog and not to the main website.

Then we talked about solar panels. Now the important part is coming.

When we talked about solar panels I made a search on Google for solar panels affiliate programs, it came out a very nice site from San Diego which offers its affiliates 10%. I searched Google again for sites with solar panels, they have on their database less then 6 million web sites, the first and second position is occupied by sites like wikipedia.org so they don’t count, they don’t sell anything! Then on the 4 and 5th position is site who sell, this is the ones we have to worry. So I made a 15 minutes research, the site on the 4th position, is difficult to beat, but the 5th position is good news, how?

First I went to http://tools.marketleap.com/publinkpop/ Link Popularity Check, the 5th site as only 134 back links that Google knows about, then I checked the Page Rank that Google gives to that web site, a mere 5.

So if we made a site work on it to get 200 back links in some time we will be on the 5th position ourselves!

Next step I went to Overture http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/
    and checked solar panel, it came up on the month of September 2006 56000, this is really good and please note SOLAR PANEL not solar panels, actually solar panels came up only about 2000.
    So I had a nice niche market, I decided to try a little further and I went to whois.org to check if I could find a nice combination of solar panels to go for a domain. What is my surprise that panelsolar.org is available.

It isn’t COM from rule one, but still it’s not bad.

Anyhow I bough the domain yesterday, and lets see what happens.

I hope that this short article, gave you some insight on how to buy a domain.

15. visio123

visio123 Banned

Best Answers:
    one rule I did forget, hyphen domain is not a good choise!

16. Ratman2050

Best Answers:
    I realized that when I bought it.

I had no choice though.

fantasypc.com and fantasypc.net were taking, I had nothing else to do.

Unless you guys can give me some suggestions!

By the way, its 50 posts all together.

Also nice tips on the domain, but that should be simple.

Ratman2050, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  17. visio123

visio123 Banned

Best Answers:
    Top Ten SEO Factors

These are what I believe to be the top 10 most important things (not necessarily in order) that you need, in order to get your website found in the search engines.

There are many other factors as well, but if you follow these guidelines, you'll stand a much better chance, and you'll be off to a good start.

1. Title Meta Tag
    The title tag is what displays as the headline in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages). It's also what displays in the top blue band of Internet Explorer when your site is displayed.

Your title tag of your website should be easy to read and designed to bring in traffic. By that, I mean that your main keyword phrase should be used toward the beginning of the tag. True there are websites being found now that do not use the phrase in the title, but the vast majority still do as of this writing.

Don't make the mistake of putting your company name first, unless you are already a household name, like Nascar or HBO. People are likely searching for what you have to offer, not your name.

Your title tag should be written with a capital letter starting the tag, and followed by all lowercase letters, unless you're using proper nouns. Some people prefer to capitalize every word, too.

2. Description Meta Tag
    The description tag is the paragraph that people will see when your page comes up in the search results.

Your description tag should be captivating and designed to attract business. It should be easy to read, and compel the reader to act right now and follow your link. Without a description tag, search engines will frequently display the first text on your page. Is yours appropriate as a description of the page?

A proper description tag is what people will see below your title. You should make proper use of punctuation, and with readability, use your subject and geographical references.

3. Keywords Meta Tag
    The importance of Meta keyword tags fluctuates from month to month among different search engines. There is a debate in the SEO community as to whether or not they help at all on certain search engines. In fact, in the summer of 2004 it appeared as if they were losing importance altogether.

However, you'll NEVER be penalized on any search engines for using relevant targeted keywords in moderation, and they can only help you with most, especially Yahoo.

Avoid stuffing your keyword metatags with too many keywords. Just use relevant tags that apply directly to the content of that particular page, and don't overdo it.

4. Alt Tags
    The small yellow box that comes up when your mouse cursor is placed over an image is called the ALT tag. Every relevant image should have an alt tag with your key words or phrases mentioned in the tag.

A proper ALT tag goes after the file name, and before the Align indicator. * - The ALT tag is no longer being considered for ranking purposes by some search engines. That said, it still cannot HURT you, and will still help you with some engines. My recommendation is to continue to use them, but be sure to avoid keyword stuffing. Besides, who nows when the pendulum will swing back the other way?

5. Header Tags
    The text of each page is given more weight by the search engines if you make use of header tags and then use descriptive body text below those headers. Bullet points work well too. It is not enough to merely BOLD or enlarge your text headlines.

6. Link Text
    Search engine spiders cannot follow image links. In addition to having image links or buttons on your web pages, you should have text links at the bottom or elsewhere. The text that the user sees when looking at the link is called the link text. A link that displays products does not carry as much weight to the search engines as a link called oregon widgets. Link text is very important, and is actually one of the most frequently overlooked aspects of web design that I've seen.

7. Site Map
    Using a site map not only makes it easy for your users to see the entire structure of your website, but it also makes it easier for the search engines to spider your site. When the search engine spiders come to visit, they will follow all of the text links from your main index page. If one of those links is to a site map, then the spiders will go right to the sitemap, and consequently visit every page you have text linked to from that site map. On the site map page, try to have a sentence or two describing each page, and not just a page of links.

8. Relevant Inbound Links
    By relevant, I mean similar industry or subject related sites. Right now, no single strategy can get your site ranked higher faster than being linked to by dozens of other relevant websites. It used to be that the quantity of incoming links mattered most, but today, it's much better to have three highly relevant links to you from other popular related websites than 30 links from unrelated low ranked sites. If there are other businesses in your industry that you can trade links with, it will help your site enormously. Link to others, and have them link to you. It's proven, and it works. To see who's linking to you, in Google type the following...
    links: yourdomain.com

9. Your Content
    Not to be forgotten of course, is the actual content of your webpage. It must be relevant helpful information that people want to read. These days, each webpage should be laser focused on one specific product or subject, in order to rank highly for that search phrase. The days of writing one webpage to appeal to dozens of search terms are long gone. Ideally, each page should have between 400 to 650 words on it. Too few, and the search engines won't consider it to be relevant enough. Too many words and the search engine spiders may have a hard time determining the actual subject or focus of the page.

Use your keywords or phrases often, and use them at the beginning of your paragraphs wherever possible. Don't overuse them and make the page sound phony, but don't write a page about a certain subject, and not mention that subject repeatedly either. Reading it out loud to yourself is a great way to judge how natural your text sounds.

Concentrate on writing quality pages that actually appeal to the human reader. Write pages that provide the reader with exactly what they are looking for; that is, information about the exact search phrase they've entered.

10. Avoid Cheating
    With all of these tidbits of information, it's tempting to think that you can stuff 100 keywords into your title, or create a page with the phrase oregon widget company being used 100 times in headers, text links, ALT tags, bullet points etc. but that cannot help you. In fact, it can penalize you, and get your website banned from certain search engines.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Author: Scott Hendison is an internet consultant that specializes in search engine optimization and internet marketing. He has written over 100 articles that are available on his website. He has also developed a tutorial area for beginning search engine optimization, at 'SEO101'

visio123, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  18. Ratman2050

Best Answers:
    Very good list of Meta SEO.
    I would say this is more of an intermediate to advanced tip. It takes some reasearch and time to know META.

Any more addons are welcome!!!

Ratman2050, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  19. renew1234

renew1234 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the help guys I appreciate it!

renew1234, Oct 24, 2006 IP
  20. Ratman2050

Best Answers:
    yeah no problem, glad this is a success.

Ratman2050, Oct 24, 2006 IP