1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Guest Post Requests - Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by gkd_uk, Jul 9, 2013.

Hi

I get a few guest post requests a week, companies or individuals wanting to post on my blog.

What are your thoughts regards guest posting? Is it a good idea?
    (As long as the content is quality and unique)

Or do you avoid such requests? and if so, why? If you don't mind sharing.

gkd_uk, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  2. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If that is your personal blog, I recommend not publishing anyone else's content. Your readers want to read your stuff, and will be pissed off if you turn it into a guest posting website.

Devtard, Jul 9, 2013 IP
    gkd_uk likes this.
  3. sircurtis

sircurtis Member

Best Answers:
    When you can get articles made for you for $5 or less should there be a reason to have guest posters? Most of the time they just remake others content and put there name on it to get a linkback. I think the real question is.

Do you like giving free advertisement to others who don't do the work?

sircurtis, Jul 10, 2013 IP
    gkd_uk likes this.
  4. bdcobbs

bdcobbs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree that if it is a personal blog like a publicized dairy sort of speak then guest blogging would not be a good idea. In my blogs I welcome guest because I may be giving that person an opportunity to share their thoughts and exploit their literal gift with the world.

bdcobbs, Jul 12, 2013 IP
  5. serellived

serellived Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think guest posting is such a bad idea nor does it affect your followers.
    Whether your website is personal or not, guest blogging has also its advantages and disadvantages.
    And its advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

As a blogger, I know what works for my blog and what content should be more interesting to share. The same also with the guest posts. You are in control of those posts. You can choose and you know what's good for you and your followers. So, I might as well grab those requests where you can benefit the most. The good thing about it is that you don't have to worry about going out a day without a new topic to post, since you can just introduce the guest post and then try to make a schedule when it should be posted.

serellived, Jul 13, 2013 IP