1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"gridlock shifter"?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by mime225, Sep 11, 2016.

Hi,

First post!

I'll be honest that I know very little about html and figure this would be an easy question for someone skilled in the topic.

I'm trying to build a page similar to the link below

https://dbzdress.com/collections/super-hero-shirts

I want to learn more about there code "<body class="gridlock shifter"> ==$0" but since I'm such a noob I don't even know what to type in Google to find more information..

If anyone know can give me the slightest information about what the function is called or were I can get more info on it I would be extremely appreciative.

Cheers
    Mime

mime225, Sep 11, 2016 IP
  2. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This, <body>, tags the body element. While class= "foo bar" attaches the classes foo and bar to the body element. They are styling and scripting hooks.

Since this is basic, level 0 stuff, I suggest you work through the tutorials at http://htmldog.com before going any further.

Please consider that the site you referenced is an example of really poor markup practices. Frankly, the coder is incompetent.

gary

kk5st, Sep 11, 2016 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  3. mime225

mime225 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Gary,

Thank you so much for your reply. Styling and scripting hooks? I think I might be well out of my depth.. Is it a lot of work for a skilled coder to setup or create? I might have to hire a pro..

Cheers
    Mime

mime225, Sep 11, 2016 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The site you're referring to is built with Shopify, so I would look into that, or WordPress with woocommerce. However, you seem to lack even basic HTML knowledge, and you'll probably need a proper coder somewhere along the way, unless you're prepared to spend some time actually learning the stuff.

PoPSiCLe, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  5. directoryman

directoryman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to find their "gridlock shifter" <style type="text/css">. It's a name (words) they use, but maybe someone else uses the same name and style type write-up.

directoryman, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  6. mime225

mime225 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the replies guys. Much appreciated. I'll look into scripting hooks like kk5st mentioned. If I need to contract a pro what would be the best terminology to use? One of my challenges is simply knowing the names of the functions/codes..

Cheers
    Mime

mime225, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  7. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You want to set up some sort of webshop, not too many customizations possible, easy to administrate. Hence why I recommended some of the "out of the box" solutions like Shopify or Woocommerce. Those are 95% set up without having to touch a single line of code.

PoPSiCLe, Sep 12, 2016 IP
  8. mime225

mime225 Peon

Best Answers:
    I appreciate the advice PopSicLe. I've already built the page/shop via WP. I'm trying to adjust the landing page reflect something similar to Victoria Secrets Instagram page http://like2b.uy/victoriassecret/

The page I've built is here https://www.online-insta-store.com/

Cheers
    Mime

mime225, Sep 12, 2016 IP