1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Greetings and Salutations from North Dakota

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rocky1, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi everyone, Rocky here, I'm new about the boards at DP, have been crawling forums for awhile though. Began my forum addiction at WPW focusing primarily on Site Reviews and the Playground. Took a considerable interest in SEO while there, and have been hooked every since. Know just enough about the topic to be dangerous!!

Moved on from WPW sometime ago, with a select group of others to establish the Band of Gonzos Web Design and SEO Forum, where I spend most of my time these days, and call that home as far as forums go. Have membership in several others, though there simply isn't enough time in the day to make the rounds.

Look forward to getting to know a few of you folks, and getting reacquainted with a few I already know and haven't seen in a spell. Hopefully learn a little in the process and share a little wisdom along the way.

rocky1, May 29, 2005 IP
  2. Padawan

Padawan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Rocky and welcome to DP
    Like it, being at the dangerous stage is the most fun time in any learning experience. :D

Padawan, May 29, 2005 IP
  3. rocky1

rocky1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Padawan! I like to think it is anyhow!

rocky1, May 29, 2005 IP
  4. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to DP Rocky - is a a precondition to have the same pose and background on your Bog photos ? ;)

Design Agent, May 29, 2005 IP
  5. rocky1

rocky1 Peon

Best Answers:
    The topic of avatars came came up in discussion of Policy and it was decided that we wanted nothing but pictures of the members. When we initially set the BoG up, Ronnie the Dodger was looking for every way possible to set it apart from other forums in design, and the Dodger took over in creation of the avatar design as well. They were pretty much established as the BoG Standard thereafter. The photos go through a rather rigorous photoshop makeover, two to three stages of blur added, background removed and color added to specs, drop shadow, and adjustments to arrive at the end effect.

Admin members are indicated with the BoG Title in the lower left corner of avatar.

We're currently rehashing that bit of policy, trying to allow a few exceptions to the rule, and add a bit of variety, while trying to maintain a businesslike atmosphere. Of course if you've been there Design Agent, you well know we're a serious lot at times, but for the most part we're a fun loving group!

Thanks again for the welcome.

rocky1, May 29, 2005 IP
  6. Blagger

Blagger Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the forum Rocky!

Blagger, May 29, 2005 IP
  7. soapbath

soapbath Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome my Good freind. Make sure you don't walk on the grass!.... No I mean it.. DP hates it.

soapbath, May 29, 2005 IP
  8. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Rocky babe, I know youuuuuuu-hoooooooooooooo.

(It's Mellie from BoG) :D

Great to have you here!!!

xox

MELLA, May 29, 2005 IP
  9. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Design Agent, May 29, 2005 IP
  10. teamshop

teamshop Plainsman

Best Answers:
    Welcome Rocky, great to see someone else around here from the Northern Plains!

teamshop, May 29, 2005 IP
  11. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Errrrrrrr, thanks Rocky. I'll take that as a compliment. :confused:

MELLA, May 29, 2005 IP
  12. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Hey hey rocky!! Glad to have you posting here with us :D

Colleen, May 29, 2005 IP
  13. zez

zez Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome to DP....

zez, May 29, 2005 IP
  14. rocky1

rocky1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Blagger - soapbath - zez... thanks for the welcome guys! Appreciate you taking the time out to offer the warm greetings.

Awwwwwwwww Mellie, you know I love you too sweetheart! And, the barrell comment, was meant as a compliment dear. I've never seen two people be in so many places causing laughter in such a short time in my life! Folks are wondering where you guys are hiding now though? It's good to see you as well darlin.

Greetings K! Love you too dear, and you know it!! Thanks for stopping in to offer greetings.

Hey teamshop... appears we're neighbors!! Where you at down there?? I'm in Turtle Lake myself, just put your finger dead center of the map of ND and you're about on top me. 65 miles to Minot -- 60 miles to Bismarck.

rocky1, May 29, 2005 IP
  15. teamshop

teamshop Plainsman

Best Answers:
    I know exactly where that is, I do work up your way all the time, spent many a day in Bismarck, Minot, Devils Lake area. I live in Canistota a tiny town about 35 miles west of Sioux Falls.

teamshop, May 29, 2005 IP
  16. MELLA

MELLA Peon

Best Answers:
    Peter scared us off. :(

MELLA, May 29, 2005 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't worry Rocky, ***** and Lady78 always have it coming their way from me (if I could only be in the same room with them I could scare them to obey, no doubt), they are just real lucky ***** is keeping a close eye on me or I would sock it to both of them real good :eek:

These girls cuss more than a drunken gang of sailors and I intend to correct them AMAP, if ***** & Lady78 don't like it, TOO BAD :eek:

I think they get the lingo from all the RAPCRAP they listen to on MTV :eek:

Hey Rocky, welcome to the Jungle man :eek:

anthonycea, May 29, 2005 IP
  18. rocky1

rocky1 Peon

Best Answers:

I honestly believe that Peter's comments were simply questioning things there mellie, he's been absent awhile as he's found a new love, and was simply wondering what was going on as everything about the time of his return was more or less chat. He's as fun spirited as the rest of us. Don't let him dissuade you guys in any way, stop back and see us!

rocky1, May 29, 2005 IP
  19. rocky1

rocky1 Peon

Best Answers:

LMAO!! You may be right on the Rap issue there Anthony, and no doubt in the same room we could likely correct them, father figure sort of thing you know, but they're both so cute man!

Thanks for the welcome Anthony!

rocky1, May 29, 2005 IP
  20. YianG

YianG Peon

Best Answers:
    At a quick glance I thought it said you are from North Korea, and I was like "Internet in north Korea!!??" Then I saw it is Dakota. Geeee..... I need a better pair of glasses.

YianG, May 29, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.