1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Greatest threat to world peace

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Dude111, Nov 10, 2007.

?

Whos the greatest threat to world peace?

1. Al Queda

15.5%
  2. Isreal

12.7%
  3. North Korea

2.8%
  4. USA

51.4%
  5. Palestinian Terror Groups

4.2%
  6. Iran

7.7%
  7. China

4.2%
  8. Syria

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. France

1.4%
  1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Just call him out on something.. He'll stop responding... Eventually he is gonna run out of people to insult.

Mia, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  2. grab my heat

grab my heat Banned

Best Answers:
    Israel want peace? Please explain to me in the 2006 lebanon war, israel killed over 1000 civillians while hezbollah only killed around 30? Who are the terrorists?

grab my heat, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  3. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lack of fire power?

simplyg123, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Ah, that was not the Lebanon war, that was a terrorist rocket attack by Hezbullahlahas.

Mia, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  5. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    thats what I dont get, even here americans starting to bash one side as it is in reality and at the same time they say "I dont hate anyone, I just help one side to destroy the other" :D

Why dont you leave them and have them shoot each other, they will never end up in piece.

Or, perhaps, the bigger countries-sponsors just need some real tests: US will test its weapons with Israel killing their neighbours, Russia will test its weaponry with Iran, etc. Very sad I must say.

N_F_S, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Are we sure any of that rusty old Ruskie stuff still works?:eek:

Mia, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  7. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    dont have a clue of what you said ? By the way, I am not ethnic Ruskie, Im just a Russian citizen :) Moreover, 450 years ago my land wasnt russian and we fought at them tzar times, this year it was a celebration of joining Russia - 450 years.

N_F_S, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  8. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess you owned him again:D

Toopac, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  9. freediver

freediver Peon

Best Answers:
    I did go into political mood last night and you read my text called Understanding America Today

I am very interested to hear your opinion on the topic.

freediver, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    It's kinda hard to answer something that is predicated upon a biased false opinion, specifically "America has started to rather aggressively interfere with other country’s affairs".

I guess you have to support this contention, or at the very least explain why you chose to be dishonest in your opening paragraph.. :confused:

Mia, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  11. freediver

freediver Peon

Best Answers:
    Jeremy, did you give the whole article a chance. Please do so. How old are you?

Please define what interfere with other country's affairs means from your perspective and then I can try to explain it to you from there. If you don't I'll explain it from few of possible perspective(s) the opinion was based on

1. Perspective #1: let's call the country in the world that has it's military troops in most other sovereign countries of the world the one that most aggressively interferes with other country's affairs. Answer USA.

2. Perspective #2: let's call the country in the world that has the most powerful spying organization and most number spies in the world the one that most aggressively interferes with other country's affairs. Answer USA.

3. Perspective #3: let's call the country in the world that attacked and killed civilans of most other countries of the world, without consent of United Nations, the one that most aggressively interferes with other country's affairs. Answer USA.

Now, the bashing of USA was not the intention of my article, on the contrary, and that's why I asked you to read it fully before commenting.

Cheers

12. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Other than your 3rd perspective that i view as total rubbish, the other two sound like a nation thats trying to protect itself, to the best of its abilities.

With The third perspective id like to know your source of those fugures, if it is in fact, a true statement at all.

simplyg123, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  13. freediver

freediver Peon

Best Answers:
    So you would theoretically see killing everyone else in the world just as a way to protect yourself against harm to the best of your abilities? One guy tried it 60 years ago that didn't go very well for him.

Third perspective, since you wanted facts - there is only one military attack of an UN country against another UN country without the consent of UN since the founding of UN. USA led attack on Serbia & Montenegro 1999.

14. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    that wasn't listed in the above perspectives, nor is it even true. I see strategic placement of troops and spies even, as protection, yes

I have come to understand my country is not innocent in all of its movements, but we are not trying to kill everyone in the world. There maybe be other agendas at work, but lets not get ridiculous.

I cant comment on that as i am not very familiar with it. I do know this, its never the US's intentions to kill innocents. We are not a country full of monsters, we are all people too, with hearts and feelings for innocents that die.

simplyg123, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  15. HeeLiX

HeeLiX Banned

Best Answers:
    The greatest world threat is humans.

We all just need to get along.

If you don't like something that someone is doing, but it isn't physically affecting your wellness, then let it be.

The problem is, everyone has their own views, and to the other side, those views may be good/bad depending on morals.

The best thing to do, is enjoy yourself, enjoy life, and ignore everything else, because until it is physically interfering with your daily life, it shouldn't matter.

HeeLiX, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  16. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Well I can comment on (3), USA led invasion to prevent ethnic cleansing by Miloslovec. I do not fault USA on this. I feel that this is one worthy invasion that protect the innocent and led to the capture of the war criminal who is now R.I.P.

Add on - If I remember correctly the then President of the USA was Clinton.

wisdomtool, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  17. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To understand Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's mindset and behaviour requires close scrutiny of the elaborate and intricate theology of Hujetieh Shiism, perhaps the most fundamentalist of the numerous Shiite sects.
    In the 1950s, a group of Islamic clergyled by Sheikh Mahmoud Halabi (a close associate of Ayatollah Khomeini) formed a society called the Anjoman-e Khayryyehye Hujjatiyyah-ye Mahdaviat (Charitable Society of the Mahdi), based in Mashhad, Iran. The Hujjatyyah membership was mostly composed by the bazaar-i businessmen and fanatical mullahs. Among many things, they were against the communists, Marxists, and atheists. Their overarching "raison d'être," however, was to prepare the world for the upcoming of the 12th Imam -- the Mahdi.

There's some more about his character. - http://westminsterjournal.com/content/view/71/1/

Arnie, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  18. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There will be no peace.

arrisweb, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Very optimistic!:rolleyes:

Mia, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  20. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just think about all history, was it peace? Maybe per short period of time .....

Humans are too weak, only God can bring a real peace.

arrisweb, Jan 23, 2008 IP