1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Great Merchant Account & Gateway

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by ViciousSummer, Sep 7, 2005.

1. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    That's the reason I finally made the switch. I was just getting too many people wanting to place orders from countries Paypal doesn't support.

ViciousSummer, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  2. techbuzz

techbuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    Vicious - how do you handle international shipments as far as taxes/duties and the like go? I would like to ship internationally but my first glance at the UPS & FedEx indicated that I would need to fill out and submit forms for each country I wanted to ship to and get some sort of approval? And I've heard some bad stories here about international shipping and people not paying any extra fees they owe on their end. Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill...

techbuzz, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  3. janetmorn

janetmorn Peon

Best Answers:
    I e-mail them and received an "e-mail does not exist" message back. I wanted to know if they accepted Canadian merchants. Has anybody else tried e-mailing them?

janetmorn, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  4. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    You're making a mountain out of a molehill ;). 40% of my customers are international. Shipping internationally requires you to fill out a simple customs form and that's it.

5. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    I've never emailed them, but I have used their "live support" and had my question answered within a couple of minutes.

6. janetmorn

janetmorn Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to intrude on this post but I just wanted to say that ViciousSummer is certainly correct here. I would say about 85% of my customers are international (located in the US), 10% are located overseas (mostly the UK, Hong Kong, Australia) and only about 5% are located domestically (Canada). We get a few here and there from South America as well.

I have never felt it to be a pain shipping internationally. One form and *poof* you're done!

The beauty of the internet is the ability to reach an international audience that hasn't been available to merchants in the past. Take advantage of it!

ViciousSummer likes this.
  7. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    No intrusion at all :D (Welcome to the forums by the way!).

Yes, if you are not shipping internationally, you are losing a lot of business!

8. janetmorn

janetmorn Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you ViciousSummer. :)

9. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    Your personal credit history will not usually come into effect unless your monthly volume is over $30,000 a month.

You can be any type of business (sole, LLC, ect). Most of the time, banks like the one Merchant Plus is using - Chase - has a partner with a merchant account provider (MAP). Chase is partnered with First Data. First Data is actually a transaction processor that owns LinkPoint. The gateways (LinkPoint, Verisign's Payflow Services, Authorizenet.com) actually use First Data to help process the transactions.

If you are in the United States and you are expecting to do business with a United States MAP, here is a tip. At the bottom of their website on all pages it must state who they use / go go thru for the acquiring bank and ISO. If it does not, do not consider using them. Their website is not in compliance with Visa regs. And depending on how they are (re)selling the merchant accounts, you might even lose your merchant account.

Corey Bryant, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  10. monoblue

monoblue Peon

Best Answers:
    Well when i look all of yours reviews I see it is good but i started to aply and I was disapointed :( they only support US countrys :(

monoblue, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  11. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    Bummer! I was unaware of that.

ViciousSummer, Sep 27, 2005 IP