1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Graphic Designer looking for advice on building my business / approaching new clients

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Lawtz, Jun 29, 2012.

Hi Guys

I am an employed designer but I also have my own business outside of my employment (there is not conflict of interest in case you are wondering!).

I really want to push my own work in order to do this eventually full time. In order to do this I have been contacting local companies but it is so easy for them to reject an email or fob you off. I am discovering that many companies I'd like to get the work of (ie medium to large solicitors with decent budgets) are tied into contacts with design agencies.

Im no marketing guru, so I just wanted some advice really on how to build up my business and how to eventually get the regular work from the companies with decent budgets.

Thank you

Lawtz, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  2. calvinbh

calvinbh Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Lawtz! Cold calling sucks and I always stay away from it. The best way to go for B2B leads is Linkedin hands down. You have all the business owners there in one place.

calvinbh, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  3. Andres Solutions

Andres Solutions Member

Best Answers:
    I would advice building a site where u advertise you work, building a portofolio and all.
    Then advertise that site using Buy2Sell.com, adwords, banners, forums, etc. After you get some clients and sales tell them to write some testimonials for you.
    The best advertising is the one ur clients do

Regards

Andres Solutions, Jun 29, 2012 IP
  4. Lawtz

Lawtz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the advice guys. i am on linkedin so I will try to make more use of that.I have a website - www.lawtzdesign.com (am I allowed to put that?)I tried to find buy2sell.com but couldn't - do you mean ebuy2sell??ThanksS

Lawtz, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  5. aoreiano

aoreiano Banned

Best Answers:
    Our Team of Experts could help you build up the base to sell the Graphics products. Contact me with the Details of the work and we can talk.

aoreiano, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  6. ken.sweet

ken.sweet Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, you need to have a good portfolio. Then you can do SEO on your site or hire some one to do it for you. Then maybe you can advertise by putting up an ad in the classfieds. You can even showcase your work here on dp.

ken.sweet, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  7. hirenrathod39

hirenrathod39 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    You should try to get outsource work, it is best as you can get more money and also a huge experience from the work done.
    Just make a good portfolio and then you can have your own business. you also can find local companies who need regular work.

hirenrathod39, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  8. Akhidesigns

Akhidesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you need to do B2B for smaller companies first before going to medium to large businesses. Once you have gained more experience and have a larger portfolio you can then go and medium to large businesses.

Akhidesigns, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  9. jakebvs85

jakebvs85 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would advise you to start from scratch. Learn the basics first. I think you can do well since you know web designing. There are alsoo paid courses if you like.

jakebvs85, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  10. timbonitus

timbonitus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A good portfolio and a lot of positive feedback from previous customers will really help you get even more work. Once you finish a project for a client kindly ask them to provide some feedback for you.

timbonitus, Jul 2, 2012 IP