1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Graphic contest...$30...Should be fun and simple!!!

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by o40oe, Aug 11, 2012.

I'm posting a contest for the design of some fairly simple vector graphics. We own a landscaping company called "Advanced Lawn Solutions". We have a logo that we like a lot but we're looking for some simple graphics to be used with several applications to help easily demonstrate our services within a moments glance with no words or reading. For example, a simple but clean and stylish graphic of a lawnmower cutting grass (Demonstrates we do lawn care). We have 5 areas that we would like to see creative vector graphic designs to visually explain our services. The 5 areas we need covered are as follows:

Lawn Maintenance (as mentioned above)

Irrigation and drainage

Weed control, fertilization programs

Landscaping

Seasonal Help (Snow removal, holiday light set up, etc)

I really think vector graphics would work best for this but if anyone has an idea for something else you really think would work better then feel free to submit it. The main thing we're looking for is the ability to understand the service we offer within the shortest glance at the graphic while at the same time upholding a modern and desirable cosmetic appearance. These graphics will be used for several applications such as website buttons, decals, brochures, etc. Let you creativity flow...we are open to ideas! Here's a link to our website that's in progress: http://www.advancedlawnedmond.com

We will work hard to give good feedback to all entries at least once a day. Please feel free to PM any questions you may have. We look forward to viewing your submissions!

Details of contest: This contest will be 7 days long (ending Aug 17th). We retain the right to end the contest at anytime if we decide we found a design we like before the 7 days is over. We will be paying via Paypal only so please do not submit if you cannot receive payment via Paypal. The winner of the contest will be awarded $30 usd. We retain the right to declare no winner if our concept is not understood and designers fail to create a design that fits our needs. Although this has never happened (view my contest history) I still want to be clear in case this situation arises. We would like the files to be 300 dpi and with a transparent background.

o40oe, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  2. o40oe

o40oe Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you are planning to submit a design please post a quick comment to let me know. I'd like to get a heads up on how many would like to participate. Also - I'm waiving the right to choose "no winner". I will guarantee a winner at the end of the contest. I know the contest is 7 days long and most of you are very fast so probably can wait until closer to the end however I'd really like to start seeing some designs sooner rather than later so we have a lot of time for me to give you feedback and make adjustments. I know how awesome the designers on this site are and I'm very excited to see what you create!!!

o40oe, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  3. tubagirl3796

tubagirl3796 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm willing to try! Quick question though, are we to post the 5 designs here or pm them to you?

tubagirl3796, Aug 13, 2012 IP
  4. o40oe

o40oe Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey my friend, you can post right on the board like most the other contests usually do. I appreciate your time! Looking forward to see your work.

o40oe, Aug 13, 2012 IP
  5. o40oe

o40oe Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's two examples of the basic idea of what we need. I just want a very simple design like these. Just plain black vector graphics that summarize each area with an image instead of words. But I want it to look very nice and current. Can anyone please help?

mower.jpg sprinkicon.jpg

o40oe, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  6. tubagirl3796

tubagirl3796 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here are the designs I came up with! The sizes might not be right as of now, and the background is white so you can see the designs, but both things can very easily be fixed if you choose to use the designs. Hope you like them! Let me know also if you want me to change anything else.

Attached Files:

tubagirl3796, Aug 14, 2012 IP
  7. o40oe

o40oe Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for all the hard work! I am very pleased with the tree (Landscaping) and Lights (seasonal) graphics. You are also on the right trail with the others. To me it looks like you picked a "pop up" style or "spray" sprinkler to base your graphic on. I think for the purpose we are using the graphics for, we would be better off with a "rotor" style sprinkler.
    A rotor style has a stream of water vs a spray. We would also like to see something a little clearer on the weed control. It is our intention to have immediate association between the graphics and the services we offer. For example... Having them on my truck and the public clearly understands that my company offers weed control at a glance. I attemted to draw a dandilion in my example graphic. Clover and crabgrass are also very common weeds in this area. Being creative with the plant is strongly encouraged.. Weed control is the main service I'm known for. I also don't mind a littler flare of color. Maybe stick to the blue and green colors that my logo on the site has. Thanks for all the hard work!!!

o40oe, Aug 16, 2012 IP
  8. tubagirl3796

tubagirl3796 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Would something like this look better for the sprinkler one? If you like it I can do the other ones like this as well (in terms of colors). Or we could go back to black and I could just use the new sprinkler design and redo the weed one. sprinkler.png

tubagirl3796, Aug 16, 2012 IP