1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Grand Jury Clears Texan in the Killing of 2 Burglars

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by GRIM, Jun 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    shooting people in back tends to be frowned upon

but there seems to be more and more, "your either a gun owner or victim" type people out there

what if the neighbor hired those guys to do something at his house, seems like there is a lot of room for error

if it was two teenage white kids would you guys still think it was ok to shoot them in the back?

ferret77, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  2. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Gosh, WHAT IF the criminals were ninja assasins and Joe Horn was killed with a ninja knife after he told them to stop?

WHAT IF Joe Horn just minded his own business and the thieves got away and the next night they went out and killed your wife?

You guys and your "what ifs"! :rolleyes:

jkjazz, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  3. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    there was already a police officer on the scene, they weren't going anywhere.

but Joe Horn took it upon himself to be vigilante neighbor and murdered them, so i guess your wife can sleep safely tonight.

sawz, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  4. Rachel Johnson

Rachel Johnson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I live in Houston and this has been all over the news. This guy really was well intentioned. I was sure he was going to end up in prison over it, but am glad to see he didn't. Moral of the Story: Don't break into a house in Texas, even if the people aren't home their neighbors may be! :)

Rachel Johnson, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  5. lightless

lightless Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Nobody should break into a house anywhere in the world, not only texas.

lightless, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  6. sawz

sawz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, well intentioned. he told the dispatcher they were black and he was going to kill them. real good intentions.

we'll see how good it is when the pool boy or the gardener or even a delivery man takes one from some neighbor with an itch to protect someone else's property..

sawz, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  7. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    I can see how a gardener working in the yard looks just like he is robbing the place. Oh wait... he could be like stealing the flowers, right?

Would the pool boy be stealing pool water?

Now, let's make sure that the pool boy and the gardener aren't spotted inside the house robbing the place and that they don't crawl out the side window will two bags of loot and they should be just fine.

Unless you are suggesting the being a pool boy or a gardner should be allowed to rob Joe Horn's neighbor.

jkjazz, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  8. Top Dollar

Top Dollar Peon

Best Answers:
    Listen to the audio on this one folks. The dispatcher clearly told the man "Not to go outside". He knew that no one was in his neighbor's house (he clearly states that they are out of town). The dispatcher also told him that the police were on the way. He was trigger happy on the phone. He should be locked up as he was in absolutely no danger.

We'll see how this plays out down the line. He's going to be safe in Texas, but he'd better be sure he keeps his sorry ass there.

Top Dollar, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  9. Top Dollar

Top Dollar Peon

Best Answers:
    jkjazz,

Doesn't take us to convince you to change your mind. It really only takes someone close to you to have this insanity happen to them. We are all in this together, whether Horn (or others who support this killing) agrees or not. Most people who support Horn place the price of material things over the value of a life anyway.

Whether you think he was right and the stealing was wrong is not the point. Really, stop and think about the fact that these were two HUMANS, maybe they were what we term 'illegal' but hell, what difference does that make?!! They were still a part of the big picture, and he had no right to play God that night (or any other one).

So, the next time someone you know gets traded in for a pair of flip-flops or a car stereo you give me a call. And don't spit the b.s. of "it couldn't happen to me" because somebody could have been taking their dog for a walk that night when Trigger-Horn thought it was necessary to engage his 12-gauge.

This story is bigger than anything people could print or the opinions we have on this forum. If nothing else, it shows how insignificant the value real people give to human life is.

Top Dollar, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  10. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

LogicFlux, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  11. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Two more images for thought.

homebizseo, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  12. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I like the "image stolen from Diggers Realm" best. Priceless.

Although I also hear a click. Looks like the "IP Castle Law" is about to be implemented, by "Anti-Illegal Immigration Patriots."

northpointaiki, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  13. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    [offtopic]

You should use imageshack.us or another image host service to host your images.
    [/offtopic]

LogicFlux, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  14. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    It appears Homebiz lifted the image off of a site devoted to "patriots defending against illegal immigration." The irony is perfect. :D

15. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm going to say something EXTREMELY Politically Incorrect here.

One thing I find in this situation is people bringing up the 2 were illegal aliens. Ok this might be the case, and I'll agree in my eyes illegal aliens DO NOT deserve the protection of the constitution.

I do feel citizens in the US should be allowed some lead way in dealing with illegals.

HOWEVER that of course should not be shooting them in such a fashion, nor does it justify what happened as there is no way to know they were illegals. Had they been US citizens would your 'as in everyones' not yours alone NP, stance change?

GRIM, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  16. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Grim
    Do you think the law will be changed? or does it have support?

17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not so sure on the law being changed, yet again what he did was not supported by the law, no matter if the Grand Jury indicted or not ;)

GRIM, Jul 6, 2008 IP
  18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Sorry, Grim, not following your question, from the last paragraph.

I cannot agree with your first few paragraphs. The principle of law all of us have been relying upon embodies the notion that it is inherently unjust to use lethal force against an individual not posing an imminent lethal threat. The citizenship (or lack of it), doesn't alter this principle.

If "citizen" burglars are to be afforded the right to a non-subjective criminal justice system, "illegal burglars" are to be afforded the same right to the process of law - much like the "enemy combatants" of Guantanomo. It is my belief that if we willy-nilly allow "citizens" to execute personal notions of criminal justice - to include murder, such as we have here - we are not a nation of laws, but lawlessness.

19. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but according to many folks the interruption of the law was wrong and needs to be clarified.

20. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't disagree there either, I didn't intend to state it should be a reason to shoot them
    My point was many who are pro the shooters side keeps bringing up that the men were illegal. The question was more based to them, would they support it as much if the two who were killed were legal citizens.

GRIM, Jul 6, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.