1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Got penalised for not updating for 1 month?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by cartoonbabyboy, Jun 16, 2014.

1. laicen

laicen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For me was happening, not to get penalized but just to lost position in serp. My website was and it's about news, so in this cases for sure google will give more juice for websites that usually post news each day, and i find this to be a right choice. I don't see any sense to have a news blog if usually you can't keep it updated and add interesting news each days. I am also sure that in my cases everything depends about updating the content and adding fresh news. Because for this site i decided to not create any backlinks and i create only high quality unique news.

laicen, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    ..or it could be that you have no idea what you are talking about and are just making stuff up to post.

Agent000, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  3. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Agent000 look I don't get why you keep on .... I remembered you were that same .... guy that is making fun over of me over my Adsense related query. Well, do one thing try doing the same by creating a site of say based on mobile application development move forward with the SEO and once you get it to top stop updating the site for just 2-3month ! You will get what I was trying to tell you... :p And if you still managed to keep your position I'll buy the site but remember you should not touch the website for 2-3month ! tell me is it a deal or ??

John Dave, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  4. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    *taking out the popcorn :) #showtime

elitesystem, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  5. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Share some popcorn with me too I also want some !! :)

John Dave, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  6. Dharmik Rajput

Dharmik Rajput Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's great to know about your thoughts and Yes you are right on that way. If you have a site related to news then you must have to update it regulary. Means you have to promote news regular but as you have not from last month and your competitor does and so that Google got new and regular info from other sites rather then your then definitely they will overtake you in SERP and your ranking goes down. But not to worry much, just start updating your site and bring some visitors and traffic to your site through social media and get ranked again.

Dharmik Rajput, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  7. ActionEstore

ActionEstore Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting will not help you in this situation... You should start building backlinks with high authority domains as well as start focus on building backlinks with brand keywords.

ActionEstore, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  8. ActionEstore

ActionEstore Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all Google never penalize your website if you are not updating your website. There could be a some other reason like duplicate content or thin pages in your website. You should check your webmaster tool first that have you got any manual action from Google or not. If yes, then update your website with Google guidelines and file for reconsideration. And if not, then start building backlinks with high authority domains as well as start focus on building backlinks with brand keywords.

ActionEstore, Jun 18, 2014 IP