1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Got my Domain, what now?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by NewHoster, Mar 21, 2017.

Okay. So before I start, I would like to make a few things clear.
    1. Yes, I am VERY bad at Websites/servers
    2. I am not sure this is the right forum to ask about this topic.

Enough of that.

My question for you is;
    Now that i've got my DNS(domain name I suppose) up and running and registered at my country's webhosting business. Im curious how I can build my own website, for free, and somehow bind it to my current Domain/DNS.

Also
    Im planning on starting a smaller Game Server Hosting Company, and in that case i've been looking for some good Virtual Private Servers and i've found one perfect for me.
    So can I, somehow, bind the website, domain and VPS together?

FYI, theres 2 questions in this post

I really hope for your help
    Thanks in advance
    -Jacob

NewHoster, Mar 21, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your web hosting service should have a website builder for your use and, if that's the case, tutorials showing you how to use it. If you have Cpanel you most likely have a number of CMS options for building a website also. Those will be on your dashboard. When you set your hosting up your domain becomes your base URL.

Certainly you can put your website, domain, and VPS together. That you will arrange with your hosting service also.

If, as you say, you are "VERY bad at Websites/servers" you probably aren't ready to start a hosting company right now. I'd advise you to get some training for that first.

JoeSpirit, Mar 21, 2017 IP
  3. o_iSniPe_xX

o_iSniPe_xX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. Edit your name-servers to use your hostings information. This lets your domain forward to your hosting.

2. Go to your cPanel, or public_html folder to put anything you want live on there.

If you need any help, PM me or contact me through my website: http://capturefraud.com

o_iSniPe_xX, Mar 23, 2017 IP
  4. Patrik Enerstrand

Patrik Enerstrand Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello.
    Mabye we can fix somthing. I'm setting up a hosting service and searching for pepole to try the speed/admin/security and yea. Wanna be ready for live later.
    It's Free for now and I cant garantee so high uptime but I can show you some features and you get, mailserver, ftp and Admin panel in gui to admin your webpage. for free.
    (the hardware is dedicated in germany in a server hall)
    like a demo setup.

BR Patrik

Patrik Enerstrand, Apr 6, 2017 IP