1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Got A Huge Deal...

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by advancedfuture, Feb 13, 2006.

... Lined up on the table for me. I have a friend who owns a business, and I was asking him today what we could sell product wise on the net since I personally think the revenue potential is alot higher than content site's I push out. He has a line on some training manuals and CD's that are being sold all over the place, but they have no web presence!! And beleive me there is a need in this market :D

So I have a lowdown price and wanted to setup a CJ account to start getting affiliate's to sell it since we just got the OK to sell it on the web for them. Can anyone give me a little insight on the whole process. Do I have to have my own storefront, or does CJ handle all the transactions for me and tracking of the sales. As it stands now I have an eccomerce package through Yahoo Merchant Solutions but as far as I know they wouldnt give me what I need to track affiliate sales.

Thanks everyone!

advancedfuture, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  2. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's $5,000 up front to sign up as a CJ merchant. When you say storefront, do you mean to handle the shipping etc? I'm not sure how the tracking works exactly, it's probably a CJ script you run on your site/server.

Sharpseo, Feb 13, 2006 IP
    advancedfuture likes this.
  3. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    CJ only acts as a 'referral' system. CJ does not do shipping, taxes, etc or any of that. Basically all CJ does is manage the relationships between the affiliates and the advertiser so the advertiser can focus on products instead of managing those relationships and everything included with paying those affiliates. CJ will help you setup tracking if you need help.

fsmedia, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  4. advancedfuture

advancedfuture Banned

Best Answers:
    Wow thats a hefty sign up cost. Yeah I was more or less asking about the tracking. The rest I can handle. Anyone have any personal selling experiences using CJ that would like to share how it went for them?

5. advancedfuture

advancedfuture Banned

Best Answers:
    Hah just found the pricing information. Very high for a startup internet operation. The product is solid and makes millons in revenue yearly through traditional sales. But wow 3k non refundable deposit + 500 a month min fee for having an account. Maybe there are some other better opportunities out there for me before I try this avenue.

6. joch21

joch21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Id recommend setting up a website using Zencart or OSC, there are affiliate plugins that you can use to track sales. But using CJ would be ideal because you have a huge base of affilaites waiting for you when you sign up

joch21, Feb 13, 2006 IP
  7. advancedfuture

advancedfuture Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah Im going to look into self promoting for affiliates. I agree CJ would be nice, but in looking at it the 6k or so just to get setup off the start kinda deters me. The educational software courses that I would sell my cost is $5 for the full manual/training CD in a retail box. The retailers are selling them at 24.99 in brick and mortar stores. I would have to sell volumes through CJ to make it worth it.