1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gorilla Website Marketing??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ProductivePC, Jul 14, 2004.

Does anyone know anything about this?
    Gorilla Website Marketing

I have been watching his website for the last couple of months and I see more and more testimonials for different websites out there.....

Before I purchase anything like this I would like some opinions if you don't mind.... thank you.

ProductivePC, Jul 14, 2004 IP
  2. Arnica

Arnica Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you could create around 20,000 'resource' pages on your site all linking back to your index page with your key word phrase in the anchor text. Do this with a few of your sites, cross-link the index pages of those sites and you'll save yourself some money! The Google Toolbar is a wonderful thing!

Mick

Arnica, Jul 15, 2004 IP
  3. domokun

domokun Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you saying thats how Canady does it Arnica?
    Cause I have to admit, I was looking at the 5 star shine 'car wax' example and I couldn't understand how that was ranking so highly for the term car wax ..

domokun, Jul 15, 2004 IP
  4. nohaber

nohaber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The whole book is about the value of reciprocal linking. I think it is a good read, esp. when you get it free (i've been offered it at least 100 times). What the book does not have about reciprocal links, is how to optimize your internal linking structure to prevent PR leakage.

nohaber, Jul 15, 2004 IP
  5. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, don't pay for it. I have been offered it about 100 times too.

I even got a call from them asking me to do some work for them or something. It was a real pain in the arse. They kept calling.

God knows how they found my number.

SEbasic, Jul 15, 2004 IP
  6. shabbirbhimani

shabbirbhimani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I asked the same question in sitepoint which you can read at

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164867

shabbirbhimani, Jul 16, 2004 IP
  7. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for all of your input.....
    I have been trading links to other quality websites like a madman and submitting all of those websites to Google... I am hoping this will help on the next dance because lord knows.... trading links all this time, I am watching my website go deeper and deeper into the depths of Google....

Was around 400 and is now 670

I am interested preventing PR leakage. What is PR Leakage? How do I prevent it?

ProductivePC, Jul 16, 2004 IP
  8. nohaber

Best Answers:
    To prevent PR leakage you need to understand the PageRank algorithm. Here's an extract from an article that I am writing for a new SEO site of mine. The article is on reciprocal linking.

-----
    2. Use a Proper Internal Linking Structure
    The PageRank of every page is distributed equally among all of its links (internal and external). If the number of external links outruns the number of internal links, you are passing most of your PageRank to your link partners.
    To prevent PageRank “leakage”:
    1) place a link to your main “Links” page only on your home page
    2) on the pages where you place your link partners, place as many internal links as possible (links to other link partner categories, your home page, all sections of your site etc.)
    3) on the pages that lead to your links pages (home page, main links page), place as many internal links as possible (same as point 2)
    4) limit the number of link partners (outgoing links) per page. If you have 20 internal links and 100 link partners on a page, you are leaking more PageRank than you should.

Of course, you should place keyword rich internal links.

If the PageRank potential of your site is too low, your Links pages won’t be able to get a decent PageRank and few webmasters will want to swap links with you. In this case, use the reversed strategy…
    Divert most of your PageRank to your link category pages, swap many links, and then divert your PageRank back to your non-links pages. To do this, place a link to your main “Links” page on every page of your site. After your link exchange pages get a good PR, swap many links. Finally, remove all the links to your main “Links” page, except the one on your home page. This strategy requires months to be executed, and your search engine positions will suffer in this period of time.
    Do the reversed strategy for new sites with a low PageRank potential (commercial sites), or old sites that don’t rank well at all, although you’ve tried everything else.

nohaber, Jul 17, 2004 IP
  9. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    WOW! I knew everything that you went over with that however I never got that in depth to looking at it.... That is awesome... Where is that SEO website that you are making?

ProductivePC, Jul 17, 2004 IP
  10. nohaber

Best Answers:
    The site is under development. I'll probably release it in 2-3 days with just about 15 articles and build content gradually. It will appear in my signature.

nohaber, Jul 17, 2004 IP
  11. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    I use SSI's to put up the header and footers (including all of the links at the right and bottom of the pages) so it is a little more difficult for me to pull that off.

However, I keep only 10 outgoing links per page on all of our links pages but I do have a table of links that leads to all of our other pages.

You can see this here
    www.worldfamousgiftbaskets.net - Home page

http://www.worldfamousgiftbaskets.net/other-gifts-and-stuff/other-stuff.html - category page

http://www.worldfamousgiftbaskets.net/other-gifts-and-stuff/gift-baskets.html - 1 of many links pages

12. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is a question for you.

We currently utilize the
    <META NAME="GOOGLEBOT" CONTENT="NOARCHIVE">
    <META NAME="GOOGLEBOT" CONTENT="NOSNIPPET">
    tags for our links pages. We do this because we are using the Digital Point search function and we do not want the links pages to come up in the results.

Will this affect the PR given to those pages?

I have wrote Google about it but have not heard back from them.

13. nohaber

Best Answers:
    It won't affect the PR.

nohaber, Jul 17, 2004 IP
  14. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for all of your help. Without the forums like this available (Thanks Shawn) and people like yourself.... I don't know where most of us would be.. :)

ProductivePC, Jul 18, 2004 IP
  15. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for all of your help. Without the forums like this available (Thanks Shawn) and people like yourself.... I don't know where most of us would be.. :)
    Thanks Again

Wayne

ProductivePC, Jul 18, 2004 IP