1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google's Page Rank Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by soju, Jan 9, 2008.

?

Google PR UPDATE -July 2008 " my sites pr increased "

Poll closed Nov 2, 2008.
  1. yes,i am feeling happy

245 vote(s)
    42.0%
  2. no,disappointed

183 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. no change for me

156 vote(s)
    26.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miamiwithstyle

miamiwithstyle Peon

Best Answers:
    happy to say my pr increased from pr 1 to pr2

miamiwithstyle, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  2. theblurr5495

theblurr5495 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do they update pr every month?

theblurr5495, Oct 24, 2008 IP
  3. axa

axa Active Member

Best Answers:
    they dont have any plan, they'll do the update whenever they want without any notification b4

axa, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  4. AdvocateKhoj

AdvocateKhoj Peon

Best Answers:
    From my experience, it’s usually 3 months thought it can vary. My site has got PR3 and one of the directories has PR 4 and I am hoping that it would go up in the next update.

http://www.advocatekhoj.com

AdvocateKhoj, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  5. rpf_81

rpf_81 Peon

Best Answers:
    My PR has been updated... I got PR3 now...

rpf_81, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  6. primeryder

primeryder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Remember that you get credit for all the pages within your site that link back to your homepage (as long as they are indexed by google at the time of the update) as well as all external links from other domains which point to your homepage. They all count

primeryder, Oct 25, 2008 IP
  7. crystaljenna

crystaljenna Peon

Best Answers:
    From pr0-pr2, not bad.

crystaljenna, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  8. dadougalee

dadougalee Peon

Best Answers:
    My PR recently went from 4 to 0?! I haven't changed anything. What happened? Did they just decide that they don't like me any more. Oh well, at least my SERPs are still holding on strong.

dadougalee, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  9. rentacar

rentacar Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem. I lost Pr 4 on the last update for a website with many links... now Pr 3....and got pr 4 for another site who has half of links. Can anyone explaine me? I understood that number of links is very important.
    Thanks.

rentacar, Oct 29, 2008 IP
  10. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    Pr increased all round and my my main site earned PR5. First time I've reached such status :D

Emperor, Oct 30, 2008 IP
  11. amirulcyber

amirulcyber Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi my friends .After thinking hard how to contact google to increase back my page rank yesterday I have explore the google webmaster tools to know how to request reconsideration related to my PR.

Actually I have find the google webmaster tools web address from one blog that I read during finding info about page rank.However after I went to the website I didn’t find the the way I can contact google to request my page rank.

After login I explore the website.But I still didn’t find it.After explore many time then suddenly I know that I need to add my blog address first before I can request reconsideration for my page rank(PR) blog.hehehe.

Actually my spirit went down for a while when see my page rank drop so worse.But after think for a while then I realize that this is one of many challenging things that I need to face to achieve my blog target.No gain no pain.hehehe.

For your information after I request reconsideration from google I feel so relieve and decide not to think about it too hard for a while.According to google they ask me to wait for 3 weeks to allow them to re-evaluate my blog page rank.So I decide to wait and see.

At the beginning I think it is not important to me to request reconsideration from google after I remove the sponsored link code.I think google will automatically detect the sponsored link code after I remove it.But I don’t want to jump into conclusion like that therefore I think better I request reconsideration at the google webtools website.

To those all of you who also facing problem like me I advice you do like me that is request reconsideration from google.This is to let them know you are really concern about your page rank blog.

As we know page rank is very important if we want to make money online especially through blog.Even traffic is more important than page rank in measuring blog acceptance by people but the fact that many people also looking page rank as important tool to measure the successful of blog.

One of my early blog target is to get good page rank(PR) and for this time it is hold for a while because of mistake that I make.I hope to those who have read my article about page rank now and before this in my blog will take lesson by not repeating my mistake into your blog.

From time to time I will write about my blog page rank experience in my blog for the purpose of sharing info with you all.So hopefully you will keep in touch with my blog.Within three week if I there is some change on my PR I will share with you in this blog.

How to request reconsideration

I had request reconsideration from google regarding my page rank.It is important to us to request back our page rank from google if we have beed penalized because placing Sponsored Link code on our blog.

I would like to share how you can request reconsideration from google if your page rank went down or for any other reason.Everytime you visit on make money blog most of them will discuss or talking about page rank.It has been a global issue on internet.hehehe.

To request page rank reconsideration you need to go to Google webmaster tools website.After you arrive on the website you need to login using your gmail account.If already have gmail account you directly login.

If you don’t have gmail account you need to open you gmail account first.You can register your gmail account at mail.google.com.Register as usual you register your yahoo email or other.I think you will not have problem about it.

After complete your gmail registration use your username and password login on google webmaster tools.Don’t worry.It is so easy.At the time I want to request my page rank reconsideration I take quite long time to understand the flow.So I think you have no problem because I am here to guide you.

After you successful login the first think you need to do is to add your blog address at the space given.After you blog has been accepted by google you can start request your page rank reconsideration by clicking at Request Reconsideration word.

Then you need to write you application on the empty box given by tell them what happen and what actions might have led to any penalties, and what corrective actions that you have been taken.After complete writing your application then click on the Request Reconsideration button at the end of the box.After that you need to wait for 3 weeks to let google to re-evaluate you blog or website.:)

As a conclusion actually there are many usage of google webmaster tools other than just request page rank reconsideration.For you information I am still exploring it.If you have much time you also can explore the other usage of this google webmaster tools.

amirulcyber, Oct 30, 2008 IP
  12. SellingContent

SellingContent Banned

Best Answers:
    Wow when will they check PR again? I just got indexed by google a while a go with PR n/a anyway can someone help my sites get high PR link to me please my sites are at my sig. and I am stuck with PR0 I don't know why.

SellingContent, Oct 30, 2008 IP
  13. deleted-account

deleted-account Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's changing faster now on my site, pages are getting indexed more often.

deleted-account, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  14. PlayPassGames

PlayPassGames Member

Best Answers:
    I think google was very generous in the last pagerank. Mine only went up to a PR2, but now it is well optimize and I believe it should be at least a 3 next update (a 4 would be undoubtable wonderful).

PlayPassGames, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  15. arena84

arena84 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to get PR2 is really easy. just need a link from PR4. to get PR3 also easy, need 3 links from PR4, but to have PR4 is not that easy, u need at least 18 links from PR4.

arena84, Nov 2, 2008 IP
  16. facestickhead

facestickhead Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there a benefit to another PR checker, other than Googles?

facestickhead, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  17. michaelpowers

michaelpowers Peon

Best Answers:
    My PR is 0. How do I increase it? Does it come with the age of the website?

michaelpowers, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  18. seosolns

seosolns Banned

Best Answers:
    my site got pr2 from pr0:)

seosolns, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  19. seosolns

seosolns Banned

Best Answers:
    No, its depend on your inbound links....Google assigns page rank by using its typical formula in which inbound links have major part.

seosolns, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  20. zibirsky

zibirsky Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a hard time understanding what is the real importance of PR because I have heard this can be manipulated. Is that true ?

zibirsky, Nov 5, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.