1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google's new penalty type or bug ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by springlink, Nov 29, 2009.

Info:

- website 1 year old
    - in the last PR update gained PR5 from PR4 (about 1 month ago)
    - hundreds of back links Google registered in the Googlebar and thousands of links in GWT
    - rich and useful content, reviews, maps etc...
    - affiliate links
    - over 5 thousand pages
    - all content unique
    - no RSS etc...
    - no spamming, no link buying, no comment spamming, no email sending, only natural links and few link exchanges - all of them good neighbors and theme sites
    - own fast server, own IP just for this website

about 3 weeks ago - drop from SERPs from #1-25 to #300-500, some keywords got lost totally, Google traffic almost ZERO (about 90-95% G traffic drop) - THIS LAST FOR ABOUT 24 HOURS

then the website came back to its original position and G traffic, after 7 days again the same drop in G traffic for about 3-4 hours and again, G traffic got back.
    After another 7 days again G traffic drop to 5% of its original state and it lasts for about 10 days till now.

interesting:
    - PR keeps the same - PR5 - some subpages even gained higher pagerank few days ago
    - number of links registered by Googlebar got higher in last 4-5 days
    - all the pages are in the G index, but for the keyword they were in top #1-30, they are now #150-700
    - LONG TALEs 99% LOST, NO LONG TALEs IN G SERPs, just few short keywords/day now
    - if I put the website name with spaces to G search (e.g. blue widgets tool), then we are #1 in SERPs
    - if I copy and past some UNIQUE text (e.g. 15 words sentence - original text) from homepage into G search, then we are not in the TOP100 in SERPs. If I put this sentence into quotes "", then it is #1
    - G cache shows actual page, indexed few days ago, so G indexes our pages and updates its cache results
    - GWT shows lower number of pages visited daily - drop about 50%

it looks as some kind of penalty, but I think, if it is penalty, then PR, number of links and G indexing would go down, but it's not happening - even opposite - more links and higher PR...

some G bug?
    anybody experienced such Google behavior? any advice what it can mean?

springlink, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  2. anujain75

anujain75 Peon

Best Answers:
    Was your website down for few days ? I did get something similar when one of my websites was down for 3 days because of server issue. The traffic went down and from google. But thhing were back to normal in 3 weeks.

anujain75, Nov 29, 2009 IP
    snowbird likes this.
  3. springlink

springlink Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi!

no, the site was not down - we have outage checking service, which checks every 10 minutes, if the website is online and we did not experienced any outages for at least 5-6 months

springlink, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  4. kdenisk

kdenisk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry for general words, but it can be anything. Watch it a couple of days. If nothing changes, then active actions to be done.

kdenisk, Nov 29, 2009 IP