1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google's Matt Cutts: I Don't Know 10% Of Your SEO Questions

Discussion in 'Google' started by Kamaldeep Singh SEO, Apr 12, 2014.

1. ladymacbeth9

ladymacbeth9 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL Scottwood. I agree with you. It's like this little icon at whose clay feet we all worship yet despite that, do it all the right way, and give it all the right spin and you can bet your butt that in a year from now, they will bust your site for some other fault, real or imagined, or some new rule that Google decided was "good for the internet." However you slice it--and however we look at it--the fact is that we have to play ball..

ladymacbeth9, Jun 25, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  2. Jake Rigdon

Jake Rigdon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd don't think Cutts is doing what he does to scare people or get people to worship him. He is doing what Google tells him to and Google does what is best for its bottom line and its shareholders. It all comes down to capitalism, plain and simple.

Jake Rigdon, Jun 27, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  3. ladymacbeth9

Best Answers:
    LOL I wish I could hit you with a bit thumbs up for that post. Bottom line, you're absolutely right and that's the same reason we're doing what we're doing. You can't argue with that. The fact is that most of the sites that were hit with penalities knew what they were doing was risky at best. I've only ever had one site hit out of about 25. It was my own fault. I hate it when you have no one to blame, but I had no one to blame. If you don't do it the way that it should be done and pay more attention to your bottom line then your customers, the fault when we get slapped is usually ours.

ladymacbeth9, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  4. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think all you need to care about is if the content published by you is providing value to the people. If people like what you post, then you will surely get good amount of incoming traffic to your website. Moreover, it is also important to insert links that can be well-blended with the article content.

MilesWeb, Jun 28, 2014 IP
  5. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well said. Google does what is best for Google and what makes the most money for Google.

danasurvey, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  6. ladymacbeth9

Best Answers:
    Well the truth is, in many cases, so do we all Dana. Our focus is of course our customers. It remains to be seen if that's google's or not but we're doing what is going to improve our bottom line. I don't think that Google or Cutts deliberately tell us the wrong thing to do but I do tend to think that even if they do know the answer to the questions, they aren't going to lay them out for us in a nice little. how to win the SEO/SEM game. LOL.

ladymacbeth9, Jul 21, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  7. Luciaaaa

Luciaaaa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think he tell us valuable information sometimes.

Luciaaaa, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  8. mbanj

mbanj Active Member

Best Answers:
    Matt provides valuable information about any Google updates
    and educate webmasters what and what do and don't to do.
    He understand what's internet marketers like us do online
    and provide information that will guide us so as to prevent
    any Google hammer.
    He is just like Google spokesperson that dash out useful
    information out.

mbanj, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  9. ladymacbeth9

Best Answers:
    I think actually that he's on a couple months leave right now. Will be interesting to see the quality of sites that come out while the web spam team is in charge and not him.

ladymacbeth9, Jul 27, 2014 IP