1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google's gone too Far

Discussion in 'Google' started by rockgjmom, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commoner

Commoner Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi DeathShadow,

Your guess is as good as mine. It is up to OP to clear up his issues else our comments are made redundant.
    However, I do think that my language is a little overboard based on my character =P

Commoner

Commoner, May 24, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I just found it melodramatic and not really backed up with either evidence or recommendations. @deathshadow is right on the money, imo

sarahk, May 24, 2014 IP
  3. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @OP rockgjmom

I took a read of one or two articles and they are copies of articles from other places I have read elsewhere that offer no real info and basically don't provide anything odf that much use to the reader.

The stuff doesn't even seem to be original content irrelevant whether it was written by a Doc or some other source like a teacher, family therapist, nutritionist or whatever it is clearly duplicate purchased content.

Perhaps if you tried writing some content or popping on over to the forum place on here where you can hire someone to write original articles you would fair better.

20,000 articles of nothing new is worth far less than 5 or 6 articles of original content IMHO. SO Google's opinion seeing as they can read all 20.000 articles must be based on something surely?

PS
    Ooh I see this thread is a bit argumentative above so will stay out of it as had only read the first couple of posts when I replied at first

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    Revelations-Decoder, May 25, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  4. financeandinsurancetips

financeandinsurancetips Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google has gone too far and now set monopoly of manupulating their search results. They often launches such bullshit updates and we get penalized. I think those who are using adowrds, aren't affected much with panda or penguin..

financeandinsurancetips, May 27, 2014 IP
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    1. Since when is only having 60% market share a monopoly? Care to explain that?
    2. What is actually wrong with them manipulating their search results? Its their site, surely they can present what is on their site in anyway they like?

Agent000, May 27, 2014 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    And if they get it wrong there is nothing to stop their users from leaving

sarahk, May 27, 2014 IP
  7. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They used to offer phone support and when something like this would happen, people would call them up and threaten and verbally assault the person on the other end of the phone call, after a while they stopped offering phone support.

soniqhost.com, May 27, 2014 IP
  8. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You making that up. They never offered phone support.

Agent000, May 28, 2014 IP
  9. Commoner

Commoner Banned

Best Answers:
    When?

Yes, they never offered any forms of communication channels, it is only a one way - take it or leave it

Commoner, May 28, 2014 IP
  10. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    Relying on freelancers can be a problem. It's important to have an experienced Editor than can check if a similar was written in the past. Regarding the reputation of the writer, it's harder to check :/

Coupons, May 28, 2014 IP
  11. jimmykak

jimmykak Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I love this! It would take a whole lot of signatures before the big G would listen. Google is ruthless. I know first hand. My adwords account got banned and I never even used it. I was even a Google partner and was getting ready to do a huge campaign I had been planning for years. Seemed kinda fishy they would do something like that the week before such a expected launch. Google won't last forever though. No one thought AOL would tank bank in the day. They SEEMED unstoppable, but alas, the way of the DODO it is. Google.... better evolve to something more than G+ my friend.

jimmykak, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  12. kex243

kex243 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not to create your own search engine with no hidden rules? Thats easy, I had some, but forgot admin's panel passwords.:)

kex243, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  13. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Please don't mind, but as far as I think Google wants everyone to go for PPC and Advertisement.

The algorithm update is nothing but to make Search engine optimization technique more complex so that no one understands how site should be ranked.

They create a hype and then kill it when everyone use it.

For instance, in 2005 and 2006 submitting your site to seo directories was quite for ranking well in Google.

2014, Directories are dead.

Same goes with article submission, quite popular 2 to 3 years back, now dead.

That' s what Google exactly does, first popularize the concept, then kills it when it becomes well known method to rank a site.

eric_wahlberg, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  14. Commoner

Commoner Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi Eric,

That is definitely bad news. What you meant was that Big G network is trying to dominate the entire search engine realm??

Commoner, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  15. kex243

kex243 Peon

Best Answers:
    EXACTLY, google sees somebody doing something new in SEO (without ignoring elder methods), he likes it. Everyone starts spaming the same things, he banishes everything. What should You ve been doing on its place? Relevant searching is more important for him than rules. Most unique SEO will survive after all. And its cycling.

kex243, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  16. laicen

laicen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you think that google is doing something wrong, than please try to search something with yahoo, bing or some other searches. And you will understand that google is the best.

laicen, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  17. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not really, rather you will find some not so manipulated/artificial results after all!!!

Google is nothing after, but their ads. It will take some time, but finally not only webmasters like us, but and casual users will follow - noticing their ridiculous results, which will yield their "end of the game" at some point..... Hopefully it will be soon,.....

abraxas, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  18. laicen

laicen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well if a lot of cases the blackhats can rank some stupid sites with warez in first position this don't tells that is ridicolous. They know that backlinks still have a very big importance, so they just built backlinks. But in few time maybe the backlinks will not be that important, so the game will change! Now if you want to be big friend with google, just give him what he want :)

laicen, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  19. oksanaman

oksanaman Member

Best Answers:
    Man, did you hit the nail on the head or what? I am a small business owner online and I exactly know what you are talking about. I still rank in BING so i am not totally under. Google ranks all big corporation sites and throw in some useless news sites like you said to look like they are looking out for the small guy..what a sham! Bing is not as bad but G has the popularity. I have not spend a penny onAdwords so far with the blessing from Bing even though my revenue is down for almost a year. We truly are the Mom-n-pop's of the online world and we are being crushed by juggernauts like freaking Amazon..they get better pricing like walmart and there is no way we can sustain this..nonsense. Sorry folks..just feel like to vent today!

oksanaman, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  20. Commoner

Commoner Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone,

I fully agree to your sentiments as big G network is trying to adopt different seo strategies and bh methods, banned all of them in order to rank authority websites.

While these poorly built websites are ranking, they will get pushed down into endless pitfall after manual reviews, do be patient.

As for business owners, I earnestly urge all of you to hire multiple WH seo agencies and try to be as natural as possible. If your websites are new, do not mass build links or aggressively promote in SE engines.

One Step At A Time,
    Commoner

Commoner, Jul 9, 2014 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.