1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google's 2007-Q3/Q4 PageRank (PR) Update

Discussion in 'Google' started by hitboy, Jun 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    People still love this thread. I quitted it for a while. When it happens it will happen. perhaps if i dont think about it, it will happen when im on holiday enxt week. And to think we all thought it would happen on the 29th of july. could be another month yet. typical tho, the first time i actually care about what PR my sites get the update takes forever

mikey1090, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  2. fmatch

fmatch Peon

Best Answers:
    The next update wil come in July 31 + 3 month = October 31.... So just wait 10 weeks =)

fmatch, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  3. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    many people experiencing from impatient to patient...Now I can take it.

Do we have choice but wait?

xc06, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  4. Geraldm

Geraldm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stop depressing people fmatch!!! :mad: That's just cruel!!!
    I for one want to live with at least some hope that the export will still happen this month :rolleyes:

Geraldm, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  5. sat123

sat123 Banned

Best Answers:
    last update i think was in mid april..so i gess in mid august..i.e. now..but they don't seem updating pr of diff servers...

sat123, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  6. khushal

khushal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A slight correction , it was the last week of April the date probably being 26th or 27th of April... and ever since than no PR update!

khushal, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  7. techwizz78

techwizz78 Peon

Best Answers:
    The guy who pushes the button to perform the PR Bar Update has recently had that finger broke in a bar fight.

They are training his replacement, and as soon as he is done we'll have that update.

This is just what i heard.

techwizz78, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  8. _vlada_

_vlada_ Peon

Best Answers:
    Strange.. I hear that happened in strip bar..

_vlada_, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  9. gamebi

gamebi Peon

Best Answers:
    I have asked this question before as getting something definitive on Page Rank Export to main pages would be of great help to all of us.

Let's forget inner pages for now, if we could, and focus on main page rank...

So, would anyone who has definitely had a main page increase or decrease in rank (not inner page movement) during the past 7 days, please let us know? :)

gamebi, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  10. techwizz78

techwizz78 Peon

Best Answers:
    For me it seems there are 3 page categories.

1.) those with prior pagerank
    2.) subpages
    3.) new pages

------------------------------------------
    #1) I think has already happened.

#3)I believe all new pages are either temporaraly on 0 or Google instated something similar to TrustRank where pages must be a certain age to get any PR

2#) I have no clue about.

11. bnf3545

bnf3545 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah our site (main home Page) went from a PR6 to a PR1 over the last 2 weeks. We have no idea why and struggling to figure it out since we have changed nothing, have a few minor backlink changes and no messages in our WebMaster Central about any problem.. Our home page was ranked PR 5 to PR6 over the last couple of years. All of our sub-pages remain at PR4 - PR5

bnf3545, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  12. techwizz78

techwizz78 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think they ran it.. it screwed up and they took a step back and are reworking it... at least i hope so. lol

13. Uvex

Uvex Peon

Best Answers:
    I would just like to point out something that I believe nobody has yet mentioned.

Most web directory owners will have a pretty good idea when the mass PR update starts to happen. The reason being is for those of you running PHPLD and have the PageRank updater tool installed in the backend will notice considerable changes in link PRs within your directory when you push the update button. (The number of noticeable changes of course depends on the size of your link database!).

I myself haven't seen ANY changes to link PRs within my directory. (Except for new submissions). My directory homepage has however gone to PR0 and back to PR5 during the last few weeks we have been waiting for the PR update to happen. I have also had a PR4 category turn up out of the blue which was previously PR0. (Which is currently still present).

Although this PR update is clearly dragging, some of you need to hold back the tears until more people start reporting changes to their sites PR. (Which I assure you that the adrenaline filled PR junkies will not hold back in doing as and when the little green bar extends or decreases in size!).

Just my 2cents.. :rolleyes:

Uvex, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  14. bnf3545

bnf3545 Peon

Best Answers:
    we're hoping too it is just a glitch and everything will be back to normal after this update is final. Our SERPS haven't been effected, it was just a shock to see the pagerank fall that far that fast with no reason.

bnf3545, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  15. Torans

Torans Active Member

Best Answers:
    could you explain plz ?

Torans, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  16. shaunclark

shaunclark Peon

Best Answers:
    Out of my 71 domains/websites only 9 have changed PageRank on the Google ToolBar and various PageRank checkers. Two of them started changing on different Google data centers on July 24th.

A few of my main websites have moved to the first page of Google three weeks ago on good keywords. While the search engine movement was going on, the websites were on various pages; then they finally settled into their good spots. They have continued to stay on the first page. None of my main websites have changed PageRank though.

I'm not sure what to think. I really need a couple of my websites updated quickly.

shaunclark, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  17. agtile

agtile Active Member

Best Answers:
    Same here, home page down to PR2 from PR5, subpages PR3-4 with no chage.
    I hope it has something to do with site being down for a couple of hours while ago. Had that before o different site ..PR went dow and back up few weeks later.

agtile, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  18. katulago

katulago Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you think will happen in case Google drops the visibility of the Pagerank?

There's no other way to determine the strength of a website at all... Alexa is no alternative because it can be manipulated easily...

Any ideas? Any alternative?

katulago, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  19. benifactor

benifactor Peon

Best Answers:
    search google for page strength tool. it is made by seomoz.org.

benifactor, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  20. SoAngels.com

SoAngels.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone have an idea why a page going from 0 backlink domains to 500+ backlink domains hasn't seen a change in PR. This update was over 3 months ago. Its not the site in my footer, but I was wondering if this is normal. These are also all quality backlinks, nothing shady about them.

SoAngels.com, Aug 15, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.