1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GooglePayOut Domains / Leave a Review

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by RECEP, Jul 31, 2007.

RECEP, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  2. taulath

taulath Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup, be prepared to hand these domains over to Google once they realise you have them. Google are very protective over their trademarked brand name and threaten legal action over people who register domain names including the word 'Google'.

taulath, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  3. shenron

shenron Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly... Google will probably bother you really soon, as you are using trademarked names.

shenron, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  4. sellingonline

sellingonline Active Member

Best Answers:
    what was your idea behind getting them? I mean, common sense should tell you that you are not doing the right thing, especially if you know they have the .com - I would delete them immediately (well, I would not have registered them in the first place, you lost yourself some money here - cut the losses and don't risk attorney fees!)

sellingonline, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  5. RECEP

RECEP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    :p what can be happen ? who can risk me ? who can get the domains from me? how can they ? without any cort? without any investigation? this is silly. if they registered .com, they would register .net and .org too, they didnt and that means they dont want to. otherwhise they cant say they have rights on domains. Cos they didnt buy when they invent a product.
    what l am planning. l am planning to make a little estore site in them. :D

RECEP, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  6. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

That don't matter at all. Anything which has Google word in it, sounds like google, looks like googe - is theirs. They don't have to register it already to stop you from registering. They can have anytime they want it, and law will be on their site.

I don't think you have lot to lose here - I believe they will pay you basic registration/transfer costs when they want to have those domains from you. So till then you can keep them :)

dshah, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  7. RECEP

RECEP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea thats it, The Realistic answer, thanks mate. Also l dont think so they will interest and will want it from me. So till than, they aremine :D

RECEP, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  8. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ohh they will want it as soon as they realize that you are running sites on their trademarked domain. Some one from their legal dept (or so) will realize it eventually and send you gentle letter asking to transfer domains in lieu of 10$ (thats what M$ offered to mike row guy).

So trust me its not matter of if they want it - just when. Till then you can make profit out of it ;) - but I wouldn't be putting lot of energy into it knowing that they are going to go someday if not sooner.

dshah, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  9. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As previously mentioned, first you will get a friendly letter from their legal department asking you to delete the domains or transfer them. If that fails they will go to the domain ICANN and proceed with a domain name dispute. They own the trademark for google so it will end in their favour, then they may just come after you for any perceived losses.

Google just has to file a complaint through ICANN's domain name dispute resolution system.

ICANN will contact both parties requesting the appropriate legal information, rather a formality because Google is one of the best known entities in the world and you dont stand a chance against their lawyers. All quite right because it appears your goal was to make money on the back of Googles reputation.

Why should they have to register those domains? What you are doing is called Cybersquatting. You have intentionally registered domains with the Google name in it, just because they didnt register the domains doesnt give you a right to. Many registrars stipulate in the terms and conditions that you should not register a domain in bad faith, this is one of those cases.

Why should Google buy a domain for every single variation of their products, just so people like you dont have the opportunity to get them? Im sure Google has enough bills without needing to renew even more domains.

I wouldent put any time and effort into any site on these domains, you are setting yourself up for failure otherwise. It sounds like a very prominent domain to Google and they are always developing in new fields, when they want the domains they will have them.

venturefox, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  10. suzybakeoven

suzybakeoven Peon

Best Answers:
    Water bottles, pens, staples (these things happens to be on my desk) and so forth are examples of commonly used words i.e. these words would be hard to trademark. Google was made up by the Brin and Page and is so common nowadays that maybe one day they could lose there trademark. . .NOT. Why would you go against a company that 4billion in porceeds? I liked to see someone do it, but still. . .are you looking for a headache?

suzybakeoven, Jul 31, 2007 IP
  11. RECEP

RECEP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, l am not looking for any headache, but who cares about 30$, l just wanna ennoy them some, also l m not going to get 1k's of visiotors or l amnot going to make a populer site from these domains like bidding sites or ubid.com :p but l can make a blog or a directory maybe, whynot. if they wanna the links or if any1 inerets l can sell in future :) thanks.

RECEP, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  12. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Phew if this gets taken to court I think you'll lose more than just the domains. I hope they simply ask you to hand them over instead of causing real trouble because they can..

Nora, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  13. BrianJump

BrianJump Active Member

Best Answers:
    have some fun with them...no resale value unless you sold them and offered to 301 to another url for a few months...

BrianJump, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  14. RECEP

RECEP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    RECEP, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  15. bitsy

bitsy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think anyone adding a link to that Dir. will get blacklisted from google sooner or later.

bitsy, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  16. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're even using a logo that resembles theirs.. try to change is ASAP.
    This will get you into more trouble than just parking it I guess.

Nora, Aug 6, 2007 IP
  17. dollarman2007

dollarman2007 Banned

Best Answers:
    prepare for the battle google will sting you soon :D

dollarman2007, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  18. RECEP

RECEP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    l think l am going to cancel them :=) Thanks in advice.

RECEP, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  19. htmlindex

htmlindex Prominent Member

Best Answers:

They've all got TM issues, $0. I'd drop them or if you've just registered them, if within 5 days, cancel & get your money back

htmlindex, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  20. RECEP

RECEP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    al banned persons making post in my topics:)

RECEP, Aug 10, 2007 IP