1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Googlebotted - but still not a trace

Discussion in 'Google' started by GCSL_webpositioner, May 28, 2004.

Hi,

My site Gensing and Central St Leonards Community Forum has at long last been botted by Google (twice now) and AWSTATS shows:-
    Googlebot (Google) 26+3 246.43 KB 27 May 2004 - 10:48

Yesterday the following search argument in Google actually found the site!!!
    "gensing st.leonards community forum"

Then all of a sudden this no longer worked. Now in all seven pages (and similarly for other search phrases) the http://gcsl.org.uk/ site just doesn't show up at all!!!

Yet that are other sites which link to it. eg:-
    UK Web Directory - England East Sussex St. Leonards on Sea

Any idea why I can't find the site at all in Google? (ASWTATS is showing that it's found only when the http://gcsl.org.uk URL is used as the search phrase - so nothing else is finding it).

Is there any utility which will tell me what search words/phrases Google uses to find my site? Or is that all hit and miss?

GCSL_webpositioner, May 28, 2004 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Google's serps are in a constant state of flux. Sometimes newer sites witll shoot up in the serps for a couple days, then drop into nowhere for awhile.

What you're seeing is not unusual at all. I wouldn't be concerned, just patient.

GuyFromChicago, May 28, 2004 IP
  3. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    The Guy is right, I had new sites ranked top 10 in their first month only to drop off later on and need to recover to where they once were. Some of the newer sites are still on their way up.

schlottke, May 28, 2004 IP
  4. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Absolutely - I have noticed a drop in rankings on some "lower" ranked pages as from about May - so I am waiting for them to return - at the same time I have a new site that has disappeared like yours. Just wait :)

Foxy, May 29, 2004 IP
  5. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    allinurl: gcsl.org.uk

than start searching with full title.....
    M

PS also shows same title for lot'sa pages

expat, May 29, 2004 IP
  6. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've got you at number 6 and 7 for "St Leonards Community Forum" - and 22 pages indexed.

Dominic, May 29, 2004 IP