1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google-Worst Search Engine Nowadays?

Discussion in 'Google' started by stevie teever, Oct 19, 2010.

What the hell is wrong with Google nowadays.It's showing unexpected results and also Page rank has not been updated from past 6-7 months.Some crap sites are getting good ranking than quality sites.Sites with no keyword in the title are even getting ranking.What you think guys?Are you able to see any future with Google or what?

stevie teever, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  2. Montreal Classifieds

Montreal Classifieds Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you refer to instant search?

Montreal Classifieds, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  3. stevie teever

stevie teever Peon

Best Answers:
    ya sometimes.....

4. theentry

theentry Peon

Best Answers:
    Its ok here, I mean it depends mainly on what are you searching for

theentry, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  5. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    I am actually seeing better esults then I have seen in the past if you look at it from a searchers perspective.

Barre Tire, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  6. aleale

aleale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, i am also facing the same problem... but PR is recently updated few days ago, my website got PR for some pages.

aleale, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  7. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    I'm seeing some stupid results in places and some improvements.

What really ticks me off is different computers showing different search results - what a PITA that is when you move from one to another to look up the same thing and it's different on both sets of results.

mcfox, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  8. webexpert2u

webexpert2u Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google-Worst Search Engine Nowadays?

Stevie, I am agree with you because in the recent past i also noticed the experiences like you. Below are the points based on my noticed experiences regarding Google SERP's and the page rank itself.

1) I searched some keywords on Google and the results wondered me. I seen that one website coming up on 4th rank in Google.com which was optimized with Title & Meta tags appropriately was showing a completely different <Title> snippet in SERP.
    This led me to analyze the landing page. I analyzed complete page and it's source but i failed to find it on the page. This thing wondered me to think about recent Google Updates and Google Instant

Note: As before a couple of months if any web page which don't have <Title> and <Meta> tags then Google shows it as "Untitled" or picks up the title of that website from the DMOZ directory and display it as the title.

Another wonderful thing happened when i searched for some keyword on Google.com and the title snippet in Google SERP was the text which have been stiffed as heading text in between <h1> </h1>.

2) regarding Pagerank experience, i have settled up a blog at the beginning of this year and after publishing 4-5 posts it aave been awarded with 1 Google Toolbar page rank. Now the year is almost coming up to an end and the page rank is still remains the same even if i have published almost 100 post in between. The Blog has good crawling and indexing along with significant daily traffic.

On the other hand i have settled up another blog during May-Jun'2010 and posting unique blog post regulearly. It also have good indexing and crawling in Google with goog daily and weekly organic traffic but still it's don't have Toolbar Pagerank. I did handsome amount of off page activities for both the blogs.

So I think that the experiences of both of us with Google and It's updations are almost same and we both are seeking for some valuable solution. I am waiting for some fruitful solution from webmaster community and thankful a lot.

webexpert2u, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  9. Reviewz

Reviewz Peon

Best Answers:
    People who say Google is the worst are usually those who got penalized by Google.

I think Google wants us to focus more on quality, and less on backlinks. On page quality, not off page.

I think that is the message that they are sending out now. It looks like some major update is in progress.

That is possibly why there is no PR update until now? Something is indeed happening, I am currently seeing some long time sites that were top ranking dropped.....

Reviewz, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  10. Puneet Singh

Puneet Singh Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes i agree with you there some problems in Google .. But In comparison to other search engine google is serving best search results

Puneet Singh, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  11. aamigallery

aamigallery Guest

Best Answers:
    I have compared Google, Yahoo and Bing of them the Google gives best quality websites.

aamigallery, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  12. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    They are cooking something flat, I mean they are change database structures right now, lots of work

DoDo Me, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  13. haveseo

haveseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the results and ranking of them have not been changed in Google instant search. I think the way of showing results is changed., At least i have not seen a big change in Google instant search for ranking results.

haveseo, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  14. miklanderson2

miklanderson2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Regardless of it's quirks, it's still the number one search engine and it serves us well to rank high on it.

mcfox...If you are signed in to Google, it will show you different results based on what it thinks your preferences are. If you go to one of your sites a lot while signed in, it will show that one higher in the rankings than it would be for the average surfer.

miklanderson2, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  15. rikv

rikv Member

Best Answers:
    Google puts more effort in it's new features and services, i think. Google evolves to more than just a search engine.

rikv, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  16. mranderson930

mranderson930 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is definitely the best search engine in providing quality results.

mranderson930, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  17. garner808

garner808 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Reviewz. To get high rankings, you also have to focus on on-page optimization, as well as off-page. One reason why you may not be getting high rankings is the quality of the links linking to your site. Are they one-way or reciprocal links? What are the PR of the sites linking to you? Sites linking to you with higher PR is worth more than 1000 sites linking to you with low PR. Just a thought. :)

garner808, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  18. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google constantly update the page rank that's used in their algorithm, its only the toolbar PR (which is not used in the algorithm) that is slow to update.

I sometimes (but rarely) get crappy results for certain, obscure searches. When I do, and if I think it warrants it, then I tell them (if they don't know somethings wrong, they won't fix it).

If your getting unexpected/crap results, you can use the "Give us feedback" link at the bottom of the results page and fill out the quality form.

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  19. stevie teever

stevie teever Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's an automated request and it may take months to be processed.

20. aleale

aleale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never got any response of these types of quarries.. Today i am getting some problem with Google keyword tool... I think Google is working very hard now a days...

aleale, Oct 19, 2010 IP