1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google, Where art thou!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by palespyder, Aug 22, 2005.

Well,
    it happened to me, lost my adsense account as well. Mine was because I did a damn fool thing and told a buddy from work my site address and he thought he would "help me out". So, before you tell your buddies how you are making money online, please come back and read this post and remember to...."Just Say No!". Also, don't check your adsense revenue from your place of employment, that has a nasty way of biting you in the ass.

I am not looking for sympathy or asking stupid questions like "Can I just sign up for another account". I am merely posting as an example of the things that can happen outside of people blatantly clicking their own ads.

In my final thought, I would like to post that anyone who relies purely on Adsense for their complete business model is completely and totally insane, mine thankfully was a VERY small portion of the income I have online and for that I am thankful I had the forward vision to diversify. If adsense is your complete revenue just be careful and ever mindful of who you talk to and what you say.

Jason

palespyder, Aug 22, 2005 IP
    Liminal and e10 like this.
  2. virtualkev

virtualkev Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip...

virtualkev, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  3. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That sucks. When it comes to things like google adsense, ya gotta be careful.

Lpspider, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    wow, jason, you have been around for quite a long time here, I'm surprised you would make that mistake, we've talked about that several times on the forum :(

First rule of Adsense: Never tell any of your friends which sites you own. I don't even tell my family. All my friends are dying to see my sites since it is all I talk about, but no matter how mad they get, I never tell them my urls.
    The same thing that happend to you has happened to many people I know, with buddies trying to help them out and only getting them banned.

fryman, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  5. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aargh. Another one bites the dust. That really sucks Jason. Thank you for posting about it. Are you going to try and get reinstated or not?

e10, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  6. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear the bad news, Paleman!

Hopefully people can LEARN from your mistake.

Good luck! :)

Crazy_Rob, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  7. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that :( You should try to get your acct re-instated. If you've had a long standing with them, they might reconsider the ban. If they do, make your friend forget the URL of your site

Liminal, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  8. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to see another one. Go. Mabye you'll be able to hop on Yahoo if that turns out to be a money tree.

Yeah I'm definetly going to tell my friends all about my site, just not why I have the site ;)

http://exaro.org

Because my site was created to target the students my age and the people specifically in my school. Ever since I was a freshman in 02 in my school I was seen playing the old "slimeball" game and people started to play. AFter a few weeks that site was banned by our high school's firewall due to excessive traffic going to the "Non-educational" site.

Then the past two years I've always seen people playing games on sites like addicting games, or 2flash games.

Now finally, as a senior, I decided to bank in on that craze in my school. I know all it will take is to have one person see me playing a certain game and then it'll be passed on and the traffic will grow exponentially.

Hehe so as long as no one knows about my benefit from AS then I'm cool. :)

exaro, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  9. fcmisc

fcmisc Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's scary. I accidently let someone read my trading journal and when he found out I was paid per click he immediately clicked 4 times before I could stop him. And that's from a machine with the same IP as the one that I use to check my stats!

Fortunately Google only recorded the clicks and paid me nothing. But my heart was in my mouth.

Secrecy is definitely the key.

fcmisc, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  10. programmer

programmer Guest

Best Answers:
    you are 100% right - Once i told my friend that how i earn money by putting that google adsense on my all website and he said ok i will help u by clicking and i just said no no i will never told about my website

programmer, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  11. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Palespyder - it looks like you've accepted your ban with arms wide open. Seems a bit odd? Why don't you mail them, explain the situation and get re-instated if what you say is true. It's almost as if you're admitting guilt otherwise.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  12. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    See, this is a good thing most of my relatives/friends are computer illiterate. When I mention URL, they think I'm talking about the band. :D

toocoolforschool, Aug 22, 2005 IP
  13. Klaas Koopman

Klaas Koopman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm I don't understand this. So G even bans if someone else is clicking a lot on the ad's? So let's say I don't want a competitor to work with Adsense. I just click on their ad's 98712384713 times and they get banned?

Klaas Koopman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  14. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    No Klaas, it sounds like this has happened because palespyder loggined into his AdSense stats at work, and then his colleague clicked ads from the same place. It looks shifty to Google so they banned him. I'm sure he'd get re-instated with a few e-mails to Google, but it looks like he's accepted the ban to me. Oh well!

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  15. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Palespyder

Are you sure it was from your buddy? If so you coud explain your mistake to G. I'm sure they will reinstate your account. How long were you using adsense?

Arnie, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  16. Klaas Koopman

Klaas Koopman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AAAAH! like that, well I only check my ad's at home ( smart me hea? )

Klaas Koopman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  17. kawebspy

kawebspy Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, for me Adsense is just an Art and Science of Advertising. I don't consider it the source of income. The Adsense Earning is just a prize of your studies in the Bachelor of Arts and Science in Adsense Publishing.

Although for now it took the 80 percent of my time but my earning through this program is just 1% of my total compensation from my job, business and online activity. It doesn't even bet the earning of my Internet cafes here in the Philippines.

So, if you have a priniciple similar to these, then you will not be tempted to let your buddies click the ads for you.

kawebspy, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  18. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it was a damn fool thing to do, I didn't even think about it, so much for trusting anyone ;)

palespyder, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  19. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah but it would be best if you clicked the ads from the publishers house, or his regular place of work/office or where the publisher might regularly manage his websites.

If you do it anywhere else it is unlikely to have the intended effect.

The moral to this story is not to have friends.

aeiouy, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  20. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    This is going to sound bad when I say it, but, I am not going to beg Google for $10 a day, it's their loss not mine. As I stated previously, Adsense is a very minute piece of my pie, like 1% of my earnings online were driven by Adsense at this time. As the saying goes, cannot miss what you never had. Besides, I did email them and got no response. I would rather concentrate on the concrete side of my business then a service who refuses explanations and just shuts their affiliates off without so much as proof of the problem. Just my opinion I guess. Maybe I will give yahoo a go when it comes around, but, I am through with Adsense.

palespyder, Aug 23, 2005 IP