1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Webmaster Tool vs. Google Analytics, how different??

Discussion in 'Google' started by case101, Oct 20, 2010.

I recently started to use both Google Webmaster Tool and Google Analytics for my blog: http://www.consultingcase101.com
    and I found they give totally different results in term of search queries,

Google Webmaster Tool shows that my blog has on average 500 search impressions and 40 search clicks every day, but Google Analytics says my blog has about 130 search clicks every day,
    which one should I trust??

case101, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  2. haveseo

haveseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google Webmaster Tool shows traffic for each keyword separately but Google analytics shows total traffic.
    Google Webmaster Toos give you more information about your website but Google analytics only shows information about the traffic of your website.

haveseo, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  3. case101

case101 Peon

Best Answers:
    so you're saying Google Webmaster Toos statistics are more accurate than analytics, right?

case101, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  4. bogs

bogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think what Google Analytics show is just an estimate.. i suggest to stick to google webmaster tool..

bogs, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  5. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They both are completely different, even some feature might be looking similar. If you are oriented toward the traffics and its detail then Analytic is the way to go. If you want to see how your website performing / indexing in Google then webmaster tools is an answer.

Sxperm, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  6. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    As I understand it, Webmaster Tools displays your keywords (the words Google finds on your site and in text links to your pages). It then shows the impressions and clicks for each. But remember that this is a few days behind too.

Analytics shows clicks to your site regardless of where they came from and what search terms were used. It shows whatever search terms brought up your site in the listings. While your keywords might be there too, many will probably be specific terms or long-tail search terms. There are probably even search terms where Google offered your site even though they don't see a perfect match. If Google thinks the searcher meant something else, maybe they displayed your site for that word or term as a suitable match even though that word is not listed in Webmaster Tools as even being on your site.

I think that's how it works. I could be wrong, but I do spend far too long looking at my stats and worrying over them. lol

Conran, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  7. case101

case101 Peon

Best Answers:
    this doesn't make any sense,
    I have monitor both Webmaster Tool and Analytics statistics for a few days,
    everyday Analytics show almost twice or three times as many search clicks compared to Webmaster Tool data,
    what causes such a huge difference??

case101, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  8. ekkanh

ekkanh Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should use both of them!

ekkanh, Oct 21, 2010 IP
  9. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This may help explain things.

[video=youtube;iabVIPKFi84]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iabVIPKFi84[/video]

Cheers
    James

tattoos, Oct 21, 2010 IP