1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google webmaster tool sitemap

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by itarticle, Jan 18, 2013.

Google detected a significant increase in the number of URLs that return a 404

My blog indexed pages are duplicating with another URL and its going 404 error page.
    I have checked my sitemap, there is no junk links. Let me know the solution

itarticle, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  2. jjarrett

jjarrett Member

Best Answers:
    I would check my .htaccess file. Make sure that it's writing your urls correctly. Also, log into your control panel and check the settings for your permalinks. Fix the permalink structure the way you want it, generate the code for your .htaccess file, and this should fix it.

Good luck,
    Jinger

jjarrett, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  3. itarticle

itarticle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Jinger,

Please let me know how to check .htaccess.
    I have checked my permalink structure, that everything is correct /%postname%/

itarticle, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  4. jjarrett

jjarrett Member

Best Answers:
    Ok. The .htaccess file is a file in the main directory of your website. FTP into your hosting account to download it. Then you can open it in a text editor to see what is in it. If you log into your hosting account, and your .htaccess file says 0 bytes, it's probably not writeable and that's why it's not working.

Change the permissions to 666 so that it's readable and writeable but can't be executed. You can do this with your FTP client too. Just click on the file, right click your mouse, and then change the numbers.

The best place to get help with this is either the Wordpress forums or your web host. Your web host can check your account and tell you immediately what is happening.

jjarrett, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  5. itarticle

itarticle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Jinger,

Thanks for your reply. Let me check the settings

itarticle, Jan 23, 2013 IP