1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

google was sending traffic until ypn ads installed

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by skattabrain, May 13, 2006.

i always thought these claims were a bit of bs ... but i had a site getting 100-200 uniques a day from google, i added YPN ads and 2 days later the site gets zero traffic from G, and show zilch for site: ___

site's about 7 months old. i can't say 100% this is the reason ... but to be sailing along smoothly and boom .... nothing 2 dsays later? seems a bit to much of a coincidence.

thoughts?

skattabrain, May 13, 2006 IP
  2. Skinny

Skinny Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you dropped in the SERPs? Have any of those changed?

I doubt Google would sink that low.

Skinny

Skinny, May 13, 2006 IP
  3. TheDebacler

TheDebacler Banned

Best Answers:
    Hmmm if it stays like that then something could be up....but for some reason I doubt it has to do with Google directly screwing you over.

TheDebacler, May 13, 2006 IP
  4. digitalcamera

digitalcamera Banned

Best Answers:
    Constantly Google screws individual sites over.

Its systemic of having a crap algo, that and the fact they just enjoy screwing with us.

digitalcamera, May 13, 2006 IP
  5. iBold

iBold Peon

Best Answers:
    For every site screwed another one gets a boost..ppl just don't talk about doing well as much as they talk about getting screwed.
    I also sincerely doubt google enjoys screwing webmasters..and I also think that they are a business that needs to tend to their most important asset - their users. If giving their users a better experience / making a few more bucks means screwing some webmasters, who of us can honestly say we wouldn't do the same?

Back on topic, I have a number of YPN sites that get consistant traffic from Google, I think it was just a coincidence that your site stopped getting traffic when you put the ads up.

iBold, May 13, 2006 IP
  6. digitalcamera

digitalcamera Banned

Best Answers:
    Their idiots listen they banned my site for doing well and not " Looking Good Enough "

Wish I could ban you for being ugly don't be a tard , google is a tard simply because they do this.

Ie. their buddy owns a site that ranks well for that term etc.

If they want to be honest lets see them not ban mysite again. And give me a honest ranking and see where I am.

I guarantee they have a special filter with my name on it.

Seriously their idiots with no morals scruples or caring iota.

7. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    DigitalCamera were you using anything Google does not like?

Anyways SkattaBrain I use YPN and also dropped 2 pages. Don't think it was YPN that caused the drop but more like the Bigdaddy dropped pages bug that's going on with my links on.

SEO Jeff, May 13, 2006 IP
  8. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    G doesn't ban based on such criteria.

Case study: DomainBlog.net

G search for "domain blog" = 68,000,000 hits

YPN ads since November 2005.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, May 13, 2006 IP
  9. digitalcamera

digitalcamera Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes I didn't something they didn't like. I ranked no.1 for " Sony Cybershot " for one minute . Then I made the stupid mistake of posting it in webmasterworld forum in the googleguy thread then instanly that !#@$@! banned my site.

He whoever he is , is a sad pathetic little man. Lets see how long before he tanks me this time.

10. digitalcamera

digitalcamera Banned

Best Answers:

Yes They do. I have proof they do.

As well I went to pubcon I know all their dirtly little secrets.

11. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    DigitalCamera we all know how evil Google can be sometimes BUT something does not sound right. I'm not banned for using a competitor ad product at all. And if I asked Matt Cutts to review my site I don't think he'd tell the crawl/index/QA/ teem to ban me and if he did and I was banned you bet I would make sure it hits the TV but in reality I highly think there smarter then that.

SEO Jeff, May 13, 2006 IP
  12. digitalcamera

digitalcamera Banned

Best Answers:
    Well they did I posted a comment about it in the bourbon update when " IT MASSIVLY " helped me and " ALL " my search terms came to the top of the water like they had balloons tied to them.

I actually watched terms over multiple data centers float to the top finally they progressed to all data centers then in about a hour It was banned and deindexed.

I mentioned it in the thread and in as soon as I did after they floated he " Googleguy " banned it. Nothing automated their. I know he did it.

I am finding the thread their database is huge I will find the link.
    DC71 their " Sony Cybershot " for big keyword then THe_Founder ie. Googleguy or whatever did me in.
    Well wouldn't you know it. DELETEd! like it never happened yup totally pathetic they removed my thread where I asked the question covering his ass . So pathetic indeed.

13. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    I used to see GGuy here @ DP posting and acting like he was an employee. I do believe (I'm not not 100% sure) Shawn & Co. banned him because his IP wasn't anywhere near the GPlex.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, May 13, 2006 IP
  14. digitalcamera

digitalcamera Banned

Best Answers:
    Both in cahoots or one and the same.

Either or I know they tanked it during a live convo during burboun update

15. digitalcamera

digitalcamera Banned

Best Answers:
    Come on we would be stupid not to think they tweak their results constantly by tweaking filters for domains they don't like thats not algo wide but site specific.

G is aweful for this and secred labs eval is behind it.

Believe it or not their index is more human edited than you could believe I would say its boarderline DMOZ like now.

I was so authoritative during in their algo I started ranking any term in the index say up to 7 million in comp in about 2 days after indexing.

They hated me for that so they did what they had to do ban me.

Imagine when you get to PR9 or PR8 what this would be like if you could rank any term their is alot to this I am not saying that the other search engines don't do it I am just saying google are extremely bias against my site for ranking terms of my competition and " Google secret labs " ex.

16. Savant

Savant Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I am not going to try to be ignorant and say Google never tweaks results, but I will say that based on my own studies, they apply the same rules to all of the players. I run many sites (at least 30), and the ones I develop and work with are almost always in the top 1-10 results for my target phrases.

I run YPN on nearly all of them. Some I do not run ads on.

If you really think Google has it for you, switch your domain and host or something. I kind of doubt that they really have the time to single out individuals, but I would certainly hate it if they did.

Savant, May 13, 2006 IP
  17. SamOwen

SamOwen Peon

Best Answers:
    This isn't true. I get tons of Google traffic, in fact more than Yahoo!

SamOwen, May 13, 2006 IP
  18. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    YPN has no effect on google SERPS. Over 50 sites, SERPS have actually gotten better since switching them to YPN.

mjewel, May 13, 2006 IP
  19. Klax

Klax Active Member

Best Answers:
    You know what? Very weird but I've remove google ads on sunday on one website, and left without ads. I was ranking on google like #10 on my main keyword. Now today I saw that I'm not seeing my website on results for my main keyword and also for some keywords in which I ranked #1. Currently now searching on page 9 and no results for my website.

Klax, May 16, 2006 IP
  20. JohanP

JohanP Active Member

Best Answers:
    Probably just a coincidence Klax.. I doubt the presence of google ads really has significant weight in their little system.

JohanP, May 16, 2006 IP