1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google vs. Microsoft

Discussion in 'Google' started by SEOGuru, Jun 4, 2004.

1. davert

davert Banned

Best Answers:
    I was under the impression GoogleOS was speculation fueled by I, Cringely, as opposed to a definite real project.

davert, Sep 30, 2005 IP
  2. opiapr

opiapr Peon

Best Answers:
    I belive at the end Microsoft will be the big winner.

opiapr, Oct 1, 2005 IP
  3. ashu

ashu Banned

Best Answers:
    Microsoft will come has a winner, beacuse they control the windows.

ashu, Oct 1, 2005 IP
  4. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    google is google and microsoft is microsoft.
    You can't change them. Google will remain the best search engine for queries. even when the internet is down. people type in google.com and says that oh its working. I am online.
    That is google.

While Microsoft. They are the best businessmen over there. I don't know what they can do. If they can turn this useless black and white PC into more then just a box with their windows. MS Office is everywhere. Windows everywhere, developers using VB and MSSQL are also more in number hten any other language.
    So microsoft dominates its market.

And most important thing Bill-Gates is clever person. With many big brains backing him up. Plus don't forget the Money. Their rights for particular products and services.

keral82, Oct 4, 2005 IP
  5. davert

davert Banned

Best Answers:
    Well...
    MS has almost completely taken over from Palm and is on its way to killing off Blackberry. They killed WordPefect, Lotus, and IBM, and turned Apple from the largest maker of PCs to a 3% market share.
    But if we ever elect people who enforce the law again, they're going to be in trouble, because their business practices do not bear close scrutiny.

davert, Oct 4, 2005 IP
  6. globalclosers

globalclosers Peon

Best Answers:
    An AP News story released yesterday titled "Google Morphs Into Multifaceted Juggarnaut" was quite an interesting read. To SUMMARIZE: Google has gone from search to practically bi-weekly technological innovation and now with $7.1 billion from shareholders, more is yet to come. Rivals now include internet, software, telecommunication and media companies. Google is seen as a real threat due to its far-reaching ventures. People are wondering if Google will build free national Wi-Fi. "Google wants to be everywhere that people are," declared Danny Sullivan, editor of Search Engine Watch. Recent news states Google is building Googleplex on "NASA Ames Research Center" and will hire the "brain power of NASAs rocket scientists." Human intellectual capital between rivals has been fierce both offensively and defensively. Questions asked include: Will Google build onto the present computer architecture in order to create a "web-hosted alternative to Windows" that will deliver its search? Will it include digitized libraries? Google internet phone? An "online payment system"? Google TV? Maybe even partner or invest in AOL?

A USA Today story released last night titled "Google, Sun Microsystems collaborate" by Jefferson Graham reveals a plan to transform the desktop to the web. Sun has the servers while Google uses them, both believe storage should be kept off the desktop. "The bottom line is, they're doing everything they can to take on Microsoft at its own game," declared Danny Sullivan, editor of Search Engine Watch.

:D

globalclosers, Oct 4, 2005 IP
  7. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    MattEvers, Oct 4, 2005 IP
  8. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    Then also what do you think four or five nig collabrations can tumble microsoft???

I don't think so.
    Microsoft is too big to compete with.

keral82, Oct 4, 2005 IP
  9. wizardofx

wizardofx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is something that Goolgle plans to do with
    their cash

Sun, Google target Microsoft
    Sun Microsystems and Google have inked a strategic agreement to promote Sun's Java technology, Google's toolbar, and to push OpenOffice.org as an alternative to Microsoft Office, in a deal which gives Sun a new distribution channel to consumers, but probably won't threaten Microsoft's corporate business. Full Story

wizardofx, Oct 5, 2005 IP
  10. wizardofx

wizardofx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that either you or the motley fool have given
    google enough credit. Google's power is in giving stuff away
    free. Microsoft can't use their typical evil practices to snuff
    out that strategy.

wizardofx, Oct 5, 2005 IP
  11. dude

dude Banned

Best Answers:
    I will vote for google....

dude, Oct 7, 2005 IP
    ashu likes this.
  12. bigculture

bigculture Peon

Best Answers:
    The battle between Google and Microsoft conjure memories of the Apple vs Miicrosoft era. Over the past 12 months a number of strategic moves by Google perhaps will likely lead to a partnership with a major hardware vendor (IBM or Dell?). Access to personal devices ie mobile phones or PDAs are the next critical steps (effectively compete with Microsoft)

bigculture, Oct 8, 2005 IP
  13. emanresu

emanresu Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like the tables are starting to turn these days. It's been a while since these posts and I think most people will agree that MSN is building a strong following in it's updated search algorithms

emanresu, Jan 8, 2006 IP
  14. ST12

ST12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have one issue about the Google's ranking system and particularly the thing with the inbound links. Why should the value of a page depend on the number and quality of inbound links it has?
    Lets say there are two writers. Both of them write on a particular topic. One of them is a talented writer, the other one is an mediocre. The first one puts his work on the internet and does nothing about SEO (His work though if put to the public test would be much more liked by the public). The second writer hires SEO team and gets his web page ranked much higher than the first writer. OK, does the end user get the best result? IMO All this Google ranking algos can backfire one day on them if another search enging comes in with better search results and if MS does that so much the better for the end user.
    ST12

ST12, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  15. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Only Gates has about 50 billion in cash. Microsoft as a company has around 300 billion(at least thats what they publicly admit)

Microsoft has a lot of money, but people like me are tired of them. I hate the way they marketed Xbox 360, and I HATE the fact they worked along with the Chinese government to restrict free speech.

Therefore I'm not going to support Microsoft. And you have to remember MS is a blue chip company. Its growth years are over. Google is a baby in comparison, and has a tremendous amount of room for growth.

tesla, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  16. williamjack

williamjack Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i think google can give tough compitition to microsoft.

williamjack, Jan 9, 2006 IP
  17. ST12

ST12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It will come down to 'TALENT'.
    Who's gonna hire the best of it?

ST12, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  18. Hon Daddy Dad

Hon Daddy Dad Peon

Best Answers:
    I think as changes begin to happen faster and faster in technology and the internet it will become more and more difficult for any company to dominate anything.

Hon Daddy Dad, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  19. toughguy

toughguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My Vote is for GOOGLE.. The fastest growing company..

toughguy, Jan 11, 2006 IP
  20. itexpress

itexpress Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I think google or Yahoo would have done the same if the blog was on one of their hosting services.

We are lucky to have the level of free speech we have, (but our descendents had to fight for it) and I guess the Chinese are lucky to even be able to write what they can on blogs now. A few years ago that wouldn't be possible at all.

There will be some hiccups along the way, and for every blog deleted another 20 will start, but I think that Microsoft and the other companies which provide these services are helping free speech, not hindering it. They don't want to delete blogs, and they don't support the government in its policies, but if they want to stay and if they do not want China to further restrict the internet, then they must conced on this single point. In this particular case the chinese government won the battle, but they won't win the war, similar to apartheid in SA, racial segregation in the US, and any other case of governments' attempts to prevent freedom.

Those are my political thoughts for the day anyway. Its all bollox :)

Andy

itexpress, Jan 11, 2006 IP