1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google+ vs. Facebook: any Comparison ?

Discussion in 'Google+' started by AdventureHoliday, Jul 14, 2011.

1. harrysmoth123

harrysmoth123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Plus is new and most of the users are not well familiar with it. Facebook is old and is much popular among internet users. So I think we should wait for some months to check real difference between them. However I favor to Facebook.

harrysmoth123, Jul 17, 2011 IP
  2. theonkar10

theonkar10 Active Member

Best Answers:
    as of now facebook is the best, sicne google+ is in beta it will take some time to come up with with its full strength

theonkar10, Jul 17, 2011 IP
  3. lalitdhiman

lalitdhiman Active Member

Best Answers:
    theonkar10 said exactly right..... google+ is in beta state now...they havnt launched it fully..thts y i think it needs invites not open for all..
    we should wait for some time then we can compare..

lalitdhiman, Jul 17, 2011 IP
  4. myfoglife

myfoglife Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it really good for SEO, can we able to get traffic via Google+ ?

myfoglife, Jul 17, 2011 IP
  5. SEOInfluence

SEOInfluence Peon

Best Answers:
    this is a very complex question, and since your English skills are lacking, you probably won't understand everything I have to say about this subject. But I digress, currently Google+ is very good for networking amongst other SEO's. This is because a large majority of the current beta testers are all SEO's. So if you want to talk with other people in the industry, it is currently great for that while in its infancy.

I imagine that once it is released to the public for free use, it will be very similar to Facebook regarding how much traffic you can draw from it. And that all comes down to your social networking abilities.

So the answer is yes it is good for SEO networking. It will also be good for creating inbound links and traffic just as Facebook is currently. There are no downsides to social media for backlinking purposes as long as you do it in a relevant and non spammy way.

SEOInfluence, Jul 17, 2011 IP
  6. meatbeagle

meatbeagle Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. I think Google+ has yet to offer anyone anthing that even BEGINS to approach verifiable evidence or even significant experience. Its role in our work will define itself as the service develops and is adopted by more users.

meatbeagle, Jul 17, 2011 IP
  7. freejing

freejing Peon

Best Answers:
    Here i cannot enter into the google+ , but i think it is difficult to beat facebook for google+ !!

freejing, Jul 17, 2011 IP
  8. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wrong thread, moderator please delete my post

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
    rehash, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  9. Ajay Bhargava

Ajay Bhargava Peon

Best Answers:
    No Comparison, Both have own specialty & features...

Ajay Bhargava, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  10. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder why google took so long to enter a competing product. Facebook has been allowed to be firmly dominant for years. I've also yet to see any real advantage of it over FB.

BRUm, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  11. laustinseo

laustinseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the main difference which will affect the users is how status' and updates are shown. Facebook uses lists and G+ will use algorythms, another point to take into consideration is the privacy policy, FB has a habit of tweeking their policies to their advantage, however google has been around for a long time and they dont tend to do anything like that. To be honest i think G+ will be more succesfull but i dont think it will be instant, i think we are gonna see facebook die like we saw myspace die

laustinseo, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  12. perfectmovie4u

perfectmovie4u Peon

Best Answers:
    the thing I want to say very simply is that FB has become a moneymaker after all. It doesn't afford anything new for the users. Just see how many spam posts are there,if u click it so many msgs would be sent by ur account. So It lacks basic privacy for users I guess. Anyway after all this social network buzz, who has really been able to make genuine friends out of FB?//?? that I doubt so much. everything comes down to money at the end and we're been deceived...

perfectmovie4u, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  13. rajniseo

rajniseo Member

Best Answers:
    Now a Days Google+ is growing and it is in initial phase so to comment more about this would an early step. Well it is different that facebook like fut funda is somewhere same.

rajniseo, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  14. xenon121

xenon121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think it is too early to predict. it is just beginning of google plus. but Google+ looks promising too i must mention. so i think there will be a good competition in near future. why i am saying this because i have experience about google orkut.

xenon121, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  15. elcuisi

elcuisi Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally liked Google +, but hopefully more offers: D

elcuisi, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  16. Senshee

Senshee Peon

Best Answers:
    Its hard to tell what is up their sleeve. Its not that they took too long but they have been working on this a while. But what really happened when Facebook became a higher Pr than them at 10 they could not wait any longer. Plus they hold the punches. So as far as fair game. Its like secret service up in there. They misinform us all the time to keep us on our toes like the government. They have a disaster going on meanwhile they are signing new laws in the background. So Google is capable of doing anything they want. I would say within reason, but not sure about that. :rolleyes:

Senshee, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  17. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you can beat Google in Search Engine ranking then I might say that Google plus will beat Facebook in social networking ranking.
    Simply its not possible in next few years. May be after 5 years there would be any other better networking site.

Digital_shubhi, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  18. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like Google Plus a bit more right now than Facebook. I wish Facebook would have remained closed though rather than opening the doors to everyone. Also, until Google releases a native BlackBerry app I don't think I'm gonna close the doors on FB. I'm also waiting for my friends to make the switch to Google.

freelancewebaz, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  19. sonyaseo.1987

sonyaseo.1987 Peon

Best Answers:
    MBA Colleges in Mumbai
    Plus point of Google+ over Facebook

!. Google+ provides better privacy and well layered grouping – Circles
    !!. Google+ does not have annoying applications like facebook (may be yet)
    !!!. Google+ combines facebook and twitter together when the main features are concerned
    !v. Google+ is simple and sweet – May be just because it is new
    v. Google+ uses the google chat for chatting. It is much better than facebook chat
    v!. Google hangout is far better than the Facebook video chat

Minus Point of Google+ over Facebook

!. Google+ lacks some features that facebook has (Since it’s new and beta)
    !!. Google+ does not have anything special for a typical facebook freak who does not care much about privacy
    !!!. Google+ does not have an own powerful branding as a social network (It’s a sub-product of google and not a mere social network brand like “facebook”) However, this is how it could be released because a unique branding is too weeker to compete facebook

sonyaseo.1987, Jul 23, 2011 IP
  20. rising_sun

rising_sun Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook is still the nice one; but I recommend to add voice chatting facility with it so the user of face book no need to switch to any other network.

rising_sun, Jul 24, 2011 IP