1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google vs Facebook -2020

Discussion in 'Google' started by Anktech, Apr 20, 2011.

1. chamiljayaweera@yahoo.com

chamiljayaweera@yahoo.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so because they are in different businesses. Can't see any competition for each other.

2. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    They are totally different businesses, Google is a search engine, Facebook is a social networking platform. If you really want to put them against each other though, Google will kick Facebook's ass any day.

EvanP, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  3. dphazz

dphazz Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook soon could face the same problems (with organization scaling) which have google today. And there are many other risks that make such forecasts ridiculous.

dphazz, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  4. gillcrist32

gillcrist32 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everything is possible but according to me Google is always first.

gillcrist32, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  5. kamaljit1987

kamaljit1987 Member

Best Answers:
    I know that Face-book is best SMO site.But bro, Google is the best search engine in this world and Facebook is not a saerch engine like Google.And no one can beat Google and I will no.1 in future.

kamaljit1987, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  6. i_am_dhaval

i_am_dhaval Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i am sure what ever company win for popularity but real winner is user...user get the maximum benefit :)

i_am_dhaval, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  7. provaltech

provaltech Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook gating popularity at present but how much possible it will be popular in future. Google is for long time because requirement of Google never be lose. No doubt we can say facebook is for some time and google is for long time.

provaltech, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  8. alodia

alodia Peon

Best Answers:
    I still believe that there's no competition between a best social networking site and the best search engine in the world. They stick on their on categories IMO

alodia, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  9. Rahul-kaushik

Rahul-kaushik Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,

Both websites are known as different for their work, facebook is a social neteworking site whereas google is a search engine , although google is so popular when i studies my teacher usually says search it on google even google is dont pay a penny to my teacher although he is promoting google in some way
    :)

Rahul-kaushik, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  10. johnsander

johnsander Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is just social website and a bit working like news or cause channel but Google is a search engine where go whenever they have to look for something they never go to Facebook. through Facebook they just interact with people.

johnsander, Apr 25, 2011 IP
  11. nbj

nbj Member

Best Answers:
    How compare google with facebook. they provided different services. Google is the best search engine and Facebook is the best social networking site.

nbj, May 11, 2011 IP
  12. ECNS

ECNS Member

Best Answers:
    Very interesting topic and I think there are good points and some misconseptions, so I'm going to add me thoughts and opions.

First off Facebook is not just a social network site and Google is definitely not just a search engine. Googles expanded features search as email and cloud hosting, sharing, bookmarking takes it well beyond the realms of being just a search engine. From a business perspective both of these platforms are Brands. These brands deliver products. If Google found a way to create a social network product that would rival Facebook and it was considered a viable business move it would (Wave for example). The same goes for Facebook (of which Microsoft has a share of the company!) creating a Search Engine Product.

The unique quality of both these Brands is they both do not need to rely on each other and could both survive if the other ceased to exist.

Both these Companies are out to make profit. As with all businesses over time they need to change and develop and ultimately expand. With the main proportion of revenue coming from advertising it is this area which will determine the direction the businesses will go. Facebooks increase in popularity has meant a huge increase in people and businesses investing their advertising budgets into Facebook advertising and this has to a degree taken away revenue from Googles Adwords program.

Their are many variables and it is very difficult to predict the future, and im sure that changes in technology will also play a big part over the coming years. The next generation of mobile phones and pc's my be set up with a default search engine. If this search engine (YaBling = Yahoo+Bling!) delivers what people want then most are unlikely to change the default settings. This is much the same with Saferi on the Iphone and how it is now more widely used.

It maybe as someone has already mentioned, something new may come along and blow them both out of the water. It is possible.

ECNS, May 11, 2011 IP
  13. kellyjoel

kellyjoel Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook needs to add few more attracting stuffs... otherwise it would finish.
    Google always rocks.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
    kellyjoel, May 11, 2011 IP
  14. niitesh

niitesh Active Member

Best Answers:
    google is marching and facebook is galloping, i think other sites are finding it hard to keep pace with facebook

niitesh, May 11, 2011 IP
  15. ketqua.org

ketqua.org Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    more difficult to guest that,
    i think google is number 1 in 2020.

ketqua.org, May 11, 2011 IP
  16. mygold

mygold Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook is facing popularity day by day, google is best SEO, they are the market leader.Feature of the service of two is different.so us age of the site is different.

mygold, May 11, 2011 IP
  17. jjs

jjs Member

Best Answers:
    FB won't exist in 2020.

jjs, May 11, 2011 IP
  18. aleish

aleish Peon

Best Answers:
    We can't tell. Facebook might create a search engine too. But when it comes to search engine, Google is the best. In social networking, Facebook is the winner.

aleish, May 11, 2011 IP
  19. yadavsarvesh10

yadavsarvesh10 Member

Best Answers:
    Google is a best search enzine and facebook a good networking site so never comparison between them.

yadavsarvesh10, May 11, 2011 IP
  20. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook is limited in that it is purely a social network, while Google has many branches, Chrome, Search Engine, Android e.t.c

golfpro1, May 12, 2011 IP