1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Violation

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Las Vegas Homes, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes they do rank very high, but from your expert knowledge of Seo, why do you think they rank so high. Is it A the link farm that they have or
    B the Seo of their site? I know personally from being in that grp at one point, some of them didnt even know what PR was when they joined. So maybe you can understand me questioning whether they understand what Diann is doing.

This also has nothing to do really with their knowledge or lack of knowledge as it relates to Seo, looking at it from my prospective, it is unfair to those link partners who supply Diann's site with indexable, PR passing links, where her site does not reciprocate these same benefits to some of her link farm partners.

Deciuj: Do you think the way she has her links structured it is hurting her partners. You seem to have danced around the subject without offering any true meaningful advice. Its a simple Yes or NO.

Las Vegas Homes, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  2. luvdavy

luvdavy Peon

Best Answers:
    Wayne, why don't you mind your own business just this once, and stop worrying about what her link partners think? As one of them, I can tell you right now that nobody who is linked to her home page or any of mine wants to remove the links...regardless of whether you, Minstrel, or anyone else SPECULATES about how much PR they are passing on.

We would both welcome losing a few homepage links because we keep half of them now out of courtesy anyway. We've worked harder on doing the new marketing techniques that benefit more than any recip links do now. There for awhile YOU were concentrating on doing something worthwhile yourself.
    Now you're back to the name-calling and underhanded tactics you started out with.

Minstrel, his next step now is to email everybody he can on her homepage and tell them that YOU said they were getting no benefit and may be hurting them. You are still playing right into his game. He's done it all before, and it didn't work then...just causes her extra trouble to have to explain a dozen times WHY some jerk is contacting them. I wish you could just see that this is all a game to him. He figures the more trouble and wasted time he can cause her, the better for him. His main objective is to make her life as miserable as he can. If he can get her site kicked out or in trouble, that's the ultimate prize, but he mostly enjoys the harassment that goes along with it.
    I've got piles of emails I could post to show you his true character too. But I think posting private emails sucks. I would rather not put myself on his level.

Besides, that particular folder in my Outlook Express smells like sulphur when you open it.

Jan

luvdavy, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  3. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Once again avoiding the questions and trying to redirect the issue. The question is simple, does the way Diann structures her links benefit all those who link with her from a PR and indexable standpoint. Are her partners getting the same benefit as she is? Its a Yes or No answer, unless you want to clarify your answer :D

4. luvdavy

luvdavy Peon

Best Answers:
    No...you are trying to bait me into saying something that you can turn around and scream "search engine manipulation" over. That's what you're after.

As far as I'm concerned, all links are helpful...regardless of where they are and how many there are. I certainly intend to keep all of mine exactly where they are. I get hits from her site and many others...so I'm quite happy. The slight chance that they might not carry as much weight as one on a less crowded page is not worth the time and effort it would be to remove them.
    There are more things at stake than a little PR passing. I hope that CLARIFIES my answer.

luvdavy, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  5. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Jan no one is trying to bait you. As for the search engine manipulation, that is for Google to determine. Yahoo already has.

All links are not helpful Jan and I would have thought you would realize that, but then again your emotions I think might be getting in the way. Google even says not all links are helpful, some can hurt you.

I am sure you do get hits from eachothers sites, but its on my opinion, I think its more webmasters than consumers or better yet bots. I have stated my opinion on consumers and their interest in maybe clicking on your homepage links, I dont believe they care or find those links of interest.

IMO its not a slight chance they dont carry any weight, IMO they dont carry any weight to those link farm partners who are placed so far down the page, they DO NOT get any benefit from them. Its just the same as me placing a nofollow tag on a link from my site to yours. Would you agree to such a exchange?

Just for clarification, if the way your link structure was setup it gave no benefit to those you link with, its not worth the time to change?

6. Three Bricks Short

Three Bricks Short Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems to be lot of difficult questions that can't be answered for one reason or another on this thread so let me pose a real simple one and this is directed at Griggs. Does this hit home?

Masters Club - Ruby Level - an agent must close 30 - 39 units or earn $100,000 - $129,999 in Adjusted Gross Commission.

Three Bricks Short, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  7. luvdavy

luvdavy Peon

Best Answers:
    Links TO you will not hurt you. If you link to a bad "neighborhood" as they term it, then you can be hurt. We are not a link farm, no matter how many damn times you say it. A link farm is a FFA page. Our links could not be any more closely themed. Diann's site is not going to hurt anybody, and again, your OPINION is just your opinion. I don't give it any more weight now than I ever did. You make very bad choices and you are a very bad person. I've known that for a long time now and have told you so more than once...although I tried for a long time to be nice about it.

We are all doing wonderfully in the search engines. You aren't. That speaks volumes.

luvdavy, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  8. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The point I made was not that links from Diann's site were hurting you but that they were providing no PR benefit - they are about as helpful as a "rel=nofollow link" in that respect. It's true you may get some traffic from those links. You'll have to decide if that makes the exchange worth it for you. If you are linking to her, your link will benefit her rankings; the link back from her site to yours will not benefit your rankings in any significant way.

I wouldn't consider that a fair exchange. Your mileage may vary, as they say.

minstrel, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  9. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    I think I relayed it almost the same way but you cant get them to understand this or they dont want to understand this because some of their link farm partners might take issue with it.

As I asked Jan, would you exchange links with someone if they placed a "rel=nofollow" tag on your link? As minstrel stated this is the type benefit most of Diann's link partners are getting from her, yet she is receiving full benefits from their links to her. Doesnt seem like a fair exchange to me.

This is another area you might want to read up on a little more. Links to you can hurt you, but this is for you to discover. Google even states some links can hurt your site. Preceive that as you wish.

10. minstrel

Best Answers:
    On the other hand, individuals like luvdavy may have their own reasons for being satisfied with the exchange, LVH. If so, fine with me. No law against it. I don't understand it but it's their choice.

minstrel, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  11. luvdavy

luvdavy Peon

Best Answers:
    Minstrel, with all due respect, that is again just your opinion. I don't happen to share it. I've been doing the SEO stuff for a long time now myself, and in many cases I trust my own judgement. This is one of those cases.

Most all of the Advanced Access sites have about 50 navigational links or more on their homepage. I've seen no evidence that they give any less PR to a link partner than a regular small site with 10 or so internal links. If I was given the choice between a homepage link between the two, and they were both the same PR themselves, I would only slightly prefer the one with less links. I just don't put that much weight into the "number of links" thing until they get so high that it's just ridiculous. But that would still not make me prefer an inside page with a lower PR than the one that had more links. There's also the "authority page" theory, and Diann's site is one of the oldest and most powerful real estate websites on the internet. I believe that has a weight of its own.

Just my own personal opinion, of course...like yours. Until Matt or someone tells me point blank otherwise, I follow my instincts. They've been proven good so far.

Jan

luvdavy, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  12. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    You are correct, how they run their link farm is their choice, however its a shame that while they reap the benefits, some of their partners get screwed.

Since I am bias, how many of you look at this as being a link farm for nothing but serp manipulation? Why do you think it is a link farm? Do you think Google will start to penalize this type of linking?

13. Three Bricks Short

Three Bricks Short Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Wayne you pompous ass,

I'm still waiting for an answer but maybe you are a bit confused so maybe this will help:

www (dot) century21.com/meet/office_detail_agent.aspx?office_key=10012826&sa_key=10693358&pk=-1[/url]

One down, one to go and that being the house.

14. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Whats wrong Jay you cant stick to the subject matter?

Just to help you along. I will revert back to my last statement to you. You put your foot in your mouth before you speak and actually research. I have no need to explain to you simply because you have no clue, and its fun watching you make a fool of yourself.

Just to show you how big of an idiot you are, for one sec lets say that was all I earned, thats over 100k, what percentage of the country makes over 100k a year, do you? I can tell you however thats not all I made, but I will let you torture yourself to see if you can find it. :D

15. Three Bricks Short

Three Bricks Short Peon

Best Answers:
    Wayne,

What is the subject matter here? The first three posts I read were ones where you were badmouthing me. I thought that is what this thread was about and that's why I posted.

16. Three Bricks Short

Three Bricks Short Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually Wayne you may have grossed that much ($100,000) but you certainly didn't net it.

How do I know? On January 8, 2006 @ 5:34 pm on Matt's forum you said: "Maroon, I can promise you this is not sour grapes, both Diann and myself do very well for our industry. I have lost over 100,000 dollars paying webmasters who advised me of doing some of these things. I to use to belong to this link farm Diann and Jan are a part of until one of my webmasters decided they were going to far with their scheme and spoke up about it. This is truly about what I believe to be spam as I have educated myself.

www (dot) mattcutts.com/blog/feedback-webspam/

Since you didn't pay your first webmaster anything (you remember Sean Smith don't you?) you have been "paying" to be online for less than 2 years. This means you have spent an average of about $50k per year just with webmasters which would give you a net of $50k or so per year. Of course that's before any other expenses like gas for the Hummer, advertising, office, income tax, etc.

You sure you didn't go to McMelting Pot last night for dinner instead of Melting Pot?

17. Deciuj

Deciuj Guest

Best Answers:
    Not only that, but he bought the Hummer with the money he cheated Mack out of. I also bet there is a very sad webmaster or webmasters out there that didn't get paid for all those sites Wayne had a couple of years ago that don't seem to be in existence now. I'll bet they were re-possessed for non-payment...LMAO

Deciuj, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  18. minstrel

Best Answers:
    No, it's not just a matter of opinion.

The amount of PR than can be passed from one page to another is calculated as follows:

.85 * {PR of page containing outgoing link} / {# outgoing links on the page}

Do the math yourself. Start with, for the sake of argument, a PR5 page. If that page contains 10 outgoing links, the PR passed to each page is 0.425. If there are 100 outgoing links on the page, that drops to 0.04. If 200 outgoing links, .02, and so on. You very quickly get to near zero.

But it goes beyond that. What I saw (admittedly a quick perusal of a few pages on the site) was a long list of links to internal (secondary) pages with low PR and the actual outgoing links were from those low PR secondary pages, many with lousy anchor text.

As for extra weight from "authority sites", whether that is a factor is debatable and even if it is the likelihood of any commercial site being defined as an authority site is low, IMO.

minstrel, Mar 4, 2006 IP
  19. Three Bricks Short

Three Bricks Short Peon

Best Answers:

Minstrel,

As we've have known PR in the past that is true. However, if the news breaks and if it is in fact true more variables are now being factored in. Those being market share and authority.

Three Bricks Short, Mar 4, 2006 IP
  20. luvdavy

luvdavy Peon

Best Answers:
    I will stand by what I've said, because I've had too much success with it. With any older site you are going to have the virtually useless low PR inside links pages with bad link text. People didn't know any better back then. If they want it done differently then it's up to them to contact the site owner or just drop the interior links completely. We've done some cleanup on old inside pages and found 2/3 of them are either not reciprocating or gone anyway. That just shows what a hassle inside linking is.

I'm in the process of starting some sites for myself for adsense ads and hopefully some advertising income eventually. I'll be applying an entirely different system to these and we'll see how well it works. (No, they aren't going to be worthless scraper sites or machine generated ones) But I can tell you right up front that I will be using homepage links completely.

luvdavy, Mar 4, 2006 IP