1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Violation

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Las Vegas Homes, Feb 23, 2006.

1. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you're missing the point: Nobody else cares.

This was a discussion about possible Google violations. All the rest is irrelevant. Take it to email, PMs, or your lawyers.

minstrel, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  2. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    You are right minstrel, it is my fault as I allow this idiot to get me ranting about past &^%$. It looks less credible if I sway from the subject matter.

You have prodded me into discussions before on other forums that caused some problems I will not allow you this time to accomplish this.

I was being a pompous ass for dealing with Jay in this manner, I was stooping to his level. Jay as for our conversation it is over. Since this thread is related to the hidden links, hidden text and PR issues of her link partners, this is what my discussion will be from this point on.

As VegasMack stated if you dont have something related to these issues BE GONE!

Las Vegas Homes, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  3. Three Bricks Short

Three Bricks Short Peon

Best Answers:
    Minstrel,

I really don't care if you don't care. I was mentioned 3 times in a derogatory way by Griggs before I came in here and posted. I don't have hidden text and don't run a link farm. I run directories yet I was brought into it.

Griggs you pompous ass are not getting off that easy.

Wayne,

Before this week is out I will have all the specifics about your present address and who owns it. I will also have the number of units you sold in 2005 and commissions you made in 2005 assuming you are in the top 100.

Three Bricks Short, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  4. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    So back on the subject matter. How can a site that uses hidden links and text not be penalized by Google and climb to the # 1 ranking? Also is the googlebot not able to detect this type of spam.

Does the type of linking scheme being used by the site we are discussing hurt their link partners. This might be valuable information for those who might be in the same position as some of her linking partners. Not all of them suffer this issue, but those down the list do seem to not be counted when you check their backlinks.

Do homepage links hurt you or do they help increase the relevancy of a sites theme?

Is it a matter of the links being over 100 links down or is it a matter of PR distribution to the link partners, which is the most important issue?

Can someone explain how this site is not being penalized with identical content located on framed and non framed pages? Maybe as Jan said I just dont understand framed sites.

I say this so you understand Jay, if you want to respond to the issues we are discussing great, if not you can be ignored. I apologize to you for my behavior, but I will not be prodded by you again. I let my temper get the best of me at times. This is about why Diann's site hasnt been penalized and why these spam techniques were not picked up by the googlebot.

It is not all your fault as I prodded you as well, but this is the end of our personal pissing contest.

5. Deciuj

Deciuj Guest

Best Answers:
    minstrel, this scenario plays out about every 18 months, with LVH attacking in public various people he has done business with in the past. Once it was on a real estate forum, and a another time it was on seo chat, but the target was an seo LVH stiffed. LVH will tell you that the seo got him and another site banned, but as 3 Bricks pointed out, that site came back, and the #3 serp in Vegas is also a client of this seo that LVH blames on Matt Cutts' blog.

People get tired of hearing the same rants, but the one thing that you can bet on is how LVH reacts. By now the entire DP forum is sick and tired of the entire subject and the players. The end result is that LVH now has to go find a new audience because no one here gives a crap what he says from here on out.

3 Bricks will go back to operating some of the highest traffic real estate directories on the net, Diann will sell more real estate in LV than anyone else and LVH will return to sending spam reports to Google and insinuating that Google engineers and Matt Cutts need his help to clean up the real estate industry and make outrageous claims of real estate success that he will never prove.

BTW, my alter ego on this forum and you see eye to eye quite often. And for the record, I was a dmoz editor at one time, but not now. I wouldnt have removed or changed the sites in question, either.

Cheers,

Deciuj

Deciuj, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  6. minstrel

Best Answers:
    If that's an admission of a double membership here, Juiced, perhaps you should have read the DP rules more closely... that will get you banned.

Back to the point: The hidden text is gone. The bad linking strategy is still there. By the way, it's not just bad for Diann's link partners - it's also a bad internal linking strategy for her site. You all might want to take a closer look at that.

Forget about the frames, LVH. I doubt that there's a duplicate content problem or any other Google problem there for several reasons.

minstrel, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  7. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    So in your opinion this type of content isnt against Google guidelines. So let me ask you a question. If I was to take and create a framed version of my pages, Google would not consider this duplicate content?

Do you see this as a way to manipulate the relevancy factors within the algo by creating dup pages with different title tags, meta tags, descriptions and so on?

IMO I see it as a way to increase relevancy, size of site..which I know google looks at. Google says in Matts paper that Google as an example takes several pages of a site to determine the sites relevancy for certain key phrases, dont these dup pages increase those factors within Googles algo for relevancy and keywords?

8. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Googlebot 2 is getting more sophisticated than its predecessors but in the past spiders didn't do well when they hit frames - basically like a text browser without frames enabled. Having framed and non-framed versions of a page were not unusual - this is a way to redirect visitors who didn't like or could navigate frames to an accessible version of the content.

Even if Googlebot DID spider both versions, one of them would be ignored as duplicate content so it wouldn't help Google rankings. There is no duplicate content penalty. The duplicate content filter simply indexes one of the pages and ignores the other - thus, it can't help the webmaster in terms of rankings. It doesn't increase the number of pages indexed. It doesn't increase rlevancy. It doesn't do anything useful or helpful.

minstrel, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  9. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Why then was the framed and non framed version of the content indexed in Google? I did notice however that the mozilla googlebot which I believe is supplying the data for the Bigdaddy DCs is only showing Diann's site with 142 indexed pages, The 2.1 Googlebot which I believe is what is used for the other DCs was showing over 500 pages, since this last update however it is showing only 390 I believe.

So why the difference between the two DCs? Is it that the Bigdaddy DCs bot filtering out these duplicate pages?

10. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Straight and simple answer: I don't know.

minstrel, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  11. Three Bricks Short

Three Bricks Short Peon

Best Answers:
    Griggs it is NOT over. Those that choose to ignore can. You drew me into this and now you want to pickup your ball go home?

Minstrel: Your concern for this forum's TOS is funny as hell. You have almost 10,000 posts (probably considered a leader on DP) and you are quoting something that is NOT in the TOS.

"Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Digital Point Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Digital Point Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Digital Point Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

BTW Griggs when you said that I was 3 bricks short of a full load and then provided a URL that could be construed as libel. Your first year of law school should have told you that. You would have also learned that slander is verbal, libel is printed, and judgment is judgment NOT judgement.

P.S. I am not done with you. You've played with fire before.

There are NO duplicate pages. Griggs why don't you breakdown and get Frames for Dummies or HTML for Dummies. Jan explained it pretty well but maybe you thought her explanation was biased towards Diann so it had no validity?

To add to what Deciuj said about the pompous ass prior to his atlanta-real-estate-homefinder.com site getting deindexed by Google in 2004 is that he was bad mouthing me on realestatewebmasters and Morgan was condoning it. That's why Morgan and I were at odds. At the time Griggs was posting on DP as Atlanta Realtor (as well as on realestatewebmasters as Atlanta Realtor) and he came here for help.

forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1432

He started bad mouthing seo-guy plus brought me up in one of his posts where he said he hated me. So be it. One of the differences in that thread was Morgan was defended by several but that didn't keep Griggs from his rants.

Griggs was also given his first indoctrination into frames and how it was NOT duplicate content so he should have something more than just a working knowledge of frames after about 20 months.

Three Bricks Short, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  12. minstrel

Best Answers:
    There are only a few ways to get your dumb ass banned at DigitalPoint and setting up two memberships is one of them:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/faq.php?faq=dp_faq#faq_policies

minstrel, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  13. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    He doesn't seem to have another ID. Not saying he hasn't registered two names, just that he has never logged in and posted with the same IP.

I have no idea what this thread is about nor do I even feel like reading it, just verifying the possible TOS violation.

PS. Please use the edit button rather then triple posting ;)

yfs1, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  14. Three Bricks Short

Three Bricks Short Peon

Best Answers:
    Minstrel,

Thanks for the post. Since the FAQ's are not referenced in the rules and policies there are probably more than just a few people that have missed this. But it is a good policy and again thanks!

15. Deciuj

Deciuj Guest

Best Answers:
    minstrel, you made no effort to bring up the TOS when LVH started with insults and dropped the url. You are a hypocrite. You want to ban a dumbass, start with LVH who first came on here as Atlanta Realtor.

All it takes to register here is an AOL account with an IP that changes all the time.

As far as the premise of this thread, well, the site has been looked at by Matt Cutts. LVH started whining about it on Matt's blog January 2nd. You can see it here - mattcutts.com/blog/seo-mistakes-not-checking-your-site/

Vegas Agent posted as well and asked Matt to point out any thing wrong. As you will see, he didnt.

Evaluating the benefit of those links is subjective at best. But it works for her, so who cares? This purpose of this thread was nothing more than another LVH witch hunt.

You can debate spam and links and even the proper use of steroids with LVH all you want, but unless you agree with him, it wont matter.

LVH, the top C21 team in the SW, Roy and Shirley White, did less than $2 million in 2005. You are no where close. See, the thing about outrageous claims is that they are easy to discredit. With the 1st quarter closing, you are not even on the radar. 5-7 million? We will see if you even hit that with volume, forget income.

Mods, feel free to delete this account if you like. It has been abused, as the login and password have been shared and "Deciuj", which is juiced (steroids) spelled backwards, is a multiple personality, much like LVH.

Deciuj, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  16. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    To someone else with the same exact ip? lol, you crack me up

Why would a Mod delete an account because you say "the password and login has been passed around"...:rolleyes:

Just reading your last post was a waste of time, I can't imagine the gems you have left in the rest of the thread

yfs1, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  17. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Interesting. How many of these duplicate accounts exist and how many people use them?

See previous post: It may work for her BUT:

1. it is providing little or no benefit to anyone who has exchanged links with her; and

2. it is actually diluting the benefits she could be deriving from internal links - if it's working for her now, it could be working better for her with a more rational link strategy

But I'm simply pointing out the problem. As I said, if her link partners are happy with a zero benefit link arrangement, I'm fine with that. And if Diann is happy with a link strategy that is less than optimal even for her, I'm also fine with that.

minstrel, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  18. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    This is one of the problems, most of her link partners are not aware these links do them no good. There are a few that know a little about Seo and might be aware of it, but those people are up towards the top of her list. There are leaders in this group and followers, the followers listen to the advice the leaders give whether it be correct about Seo or not.

Some of these partners are using a 3 way linking system, not all but some. These are the ones who understand a little Seo. I dont know but personally IMHO some of the tactics being used by this group in my opinion border on serps and link manipulation.

I think though from what I am seeing og the googlebot activity and after this last update. The mozilla googlebot is deindexing these duplicate pages on the Test Bigdaddy DCs.

Las Vegas Homes, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  19. Three Bricks Short

Three Bricks Short Peon

Best Answers:
    Minstrel,

I just read the FAQ's (Posting Guidelines) and can you tell me if and when this enforced?

Personal attacks against people, or sites will not be tolerated. If you have an issue with someone or their site, take it up with them personally.

20. Deciuj

Deciuj Guest

Best Answers:
    Of course not, otherwise this thread would have ended with LVH's url drop and comments.

LVH, funny you should comment on the SEO ability of all her link partners who all seem to rank their sites substantially higher than any of yours. Yep, those links really hurt.

Deciuj, Mar 3, 2006 IP