1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Violation

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Las Vegas Homes, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Deciuj

Deciuj Guest

Best Answers:
    The discussion is about the home page links that LVH states are worthless. That page is a PR5.

PR is log based. Your simple formula doesnt even come close to being accurate. Plugging in a 2 or a 5 isnt close to accurate, since the difference between 2.0000 and 2.99999 is dramatically different. With a base of 4, it is a significant difference. With a base of 6, 8 or 10 (and no one in the plex has ever confirmed the base #), it is even more dramatic.

Now, can you tell us what the PR is on her home page? Can you tell us what the base is? Why dont you try your calculation again using a PR 2.0000 and then do it with a PR 5.0000 and a third time with a PR 5.5. Assume the base is 4.

Let me know if you need help with the numbers.

Deciuj, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  2. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmm little do you know, but thats what I have come to expect from the brickless consortium for advice on Seo. LOL I even remember Jay back in the day sending out an email stating homepage links were bad.

Your right I have, but as minstrel pointed out, it has nothing to do with you and your brokeback Seo Guru buddy. I made the mistake of taking this thread beyond its topic, which is inappropreiate forum etiquette.

The final reason, you and brokeback Seo want to change the subject. You dont want your link farm partners to read this and start to question and maybe get an understanding that Diann's link structure is bad and therefore not benefiting them.

Its not only useless but how professional does it make that homepage look. IMO, I find sites that place a ton of homepage links like this to be an eye sore. When you have a site map plus homepage links like Diann does just those two structures combine for at least 200 plus links, this does not include other navigation.

Speaking of site map on every page, why would someone do this? Could it be once again to manipulate the SEs with rich keyword anchor text? I know what Diann has stated, her site is not designed for any type of spam, but I am sure others here would agree the only use for the homepage links is Seo benefits and the site map located on every page within the site is also for Seo benefits, but IMO is being used to do nothing more than try to manipulate serps for those keywords.

Las Vegas Homes, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    :confused:

Are you really as ignorant as this post would suggest? Is that possible? You'd think with the "multiple personalities" allegedly using this membership account one of you could add 2 and 2 and actually get 4.

The part you're apparently missing is the 400+ links dividing up whatever PR there is to divide up. I don't care if it's PR2 or PR5 or PR5.5 - in the end the benefit passed to one of 400 outgoing links is about as close to zero as you can get.

minstrel, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  4. Deciuj

Deciuj Guest

Best Answers:
    Minstrel, dont just spew forth crap, do the math. Do you even understand the math? Do you understand the exponetial difference between a PR2 and PR5?

LVH, there you go again with the insults.

Deciuj, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  5. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Juiced, answer this simple question:

Do you really believe that when we are talking about upwards of 400 outgoing links on a page that it matters one whit whether the page is PR2 or PR5?

Yes or No?

Just a direct answer with no more BS. OK?

minstrel, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  6. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I see you reading there, Juiced. What's your answer?

minstrel, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  7. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Minstrel no matter what you show them, or any numbers you place up there, they will not admit it. Look at it from their standpoint. If they admit that those links are not offering any real value, then thats just like them saying, Diann is not giving any benefit to her link farm partners, which then shows that they are taking advantage of the partners. This would not go over well if her partners had this knowledge, as no one likes to be taken advantage of.

There IMO are only a few of those link farm partners that are truly benefiting from this linking scheme, these people dont want the others to know, if they do find out this might cause some questions to arise that they dont want to have to answer.

Maybe this might lend some insight as to why I argued with these so called Seo experts of this link farm group and was removed from the group. When you are a new unranked site and you offer advice, people tend not to listen, since they had ranked sites I guess what they said was golden. Looking back though it was the best thing that could happen.

Keep using the smoke and mirrors, it will catch up to those that employ them.

8. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Yes, I see "Juiced" has disappeared and logged off rather than answer the question. What a pointless waste of time he is/they are.

minstrel, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  9. Deciuj

Deciuj Guest

Best Answers:
    Actually, I got timed off.

Cut the insults for a minute.

No one is debating that the number of links waters down the amount of PR that is distributed. Again, that is just basic math. You are just refusing to do the real math.

Assume log base 4:

PR1 divided by 400 isn't much.
    PR2, assuming 4x greater than R1, starts to make a difference.
    PR3, now 4x greater than PR2, is a big difference.
    PR4, now 4x greater than PR3 is a substantial difference.
    PR5, now 4x greater than PR4, and we have substantial difference.

Assuming log base 10, compare Toolbar PageRank vs Real PageRank (for lack of a better term):
    TBPR: 0
    RPR: 0 - 10

TBPR: 1
    RPR: 100 - 1,000

TBPR: 2
    RPR: 1,000 - 10,000

TBPR: 3
    RPR: 10,000 - 100,000

TBPR: 4
    RPR: 100,000 - 1,000,000

TBPR: 5
    RPR: 1,000,000 - 10,000,000 and so on...

So you tell me, no BS and no insults, what is the PR passed to one of 400 links from PR5 vs to one of 99 links on a PR2 or even PR3 page?

Deciuj, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  10. Deciuj

Deciuj Guest

Best Answers:
    LVH, you are wrong. You simply make statements and offer no proof. Not one single time. So once again, do the math!

Deciuj, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    So is it Yes? or No?

Leaving aside all your "assumptions" (which by the way aren't worth a US penny), do you believe that Diann's home page (whatever PR it is - let's say PR5) provides any noticeable PR benefit to any of those 400+ outgoing links?

Just Yes or No, please. Cutting through all your BS and stage fog is like clearing cobwebs in a cave, for the love of pete...

minstrel, Mar 5, 2006 IP
    blackbug likes this.
  12. Deciuj

Deciuj Guest

Best Answers:
    The only assumption made was on the log base, and I used a low one and a high one. That PR is logrthmic is not an assumption.

I gave you an answer and even worked it out for you. One link out of 400 on a PR5 page gets more PR than 1 link out of 100 on a PR2 page. Why dont you do the math and prove me wrong?

Deciuj, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  13. minstrel

Best Answers:
    That's not the question I asked, Juiced.

I'm asking you if you believe that anyone of those 400+ links is benefitting the recipients at all in the real world. I'm not asking you if what miniscule PR they may obtain is higher than what they'd obtain on a lower PR page - either way, they're getting nothing.

So Yes or No? Are any of those recipients really getting any PR benefit at all?

minstrel, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  14. Deciuj

Deciuj Guest

Best Answers:
    "either way, they're getting nothing."

Why do you believe this? Based on what?

Deciuj, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  15. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Oh, please.

For anyone else reading this thread, the answer is NO. From the standpoint of any PR benefit to the recipients of 400+ outgoing links on that page, they might just as well be using "nofollow" or just delete them entirely.

I give up. Juiced obviously knows that but isn't going to admit it.

minstrel, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  16. Deciuj

Deciuj Guest

Best Answers:
    Show me why I am wrong. PR is simple math. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Deciuj, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  17. Deciuj

Deciuj Guest

Best Answers:
    Come on, Minstrel. Put up or shut up.

Deciuj, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  18. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    I am no expert on PR calculations or distribution as a whole, but I do know that the more links you have on a page, the more PR that bleeds from each link. Its a sliding scale. If link A gets one, than link B will get .90, than link C will get .80 and so on.

The other issue is that no matter what PR is being distributed, even though some of us disagree, Google does not go past 100 links with their bot.

Do a little research. Check Diann's indexed links. Look for ones coming from her link farm partners that are way down on her links table. Now after you find those, go search their backlinks and see how many actually have links indexed by Google from her site to theirs. I think you will find very few, but you will find most of them who are placed at the top of her links table.

This is simple, we can start a thread with a poll. Lets get the opinions of other webmasters.

19. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I already have, you utter waste of space.

This "conversation" with you was obviously pointless from the outset. There is no PR benefit from those links. You know it and I know it. Period. End of discussion.

I refuse to waste any more of my time playing whatever puerile game you think you're playing. If you are an example of the "community" of real estate agents LVH is talking about, I don't wonder he finds you all frustrating and pointless. Carry on with your little games if you like. Just count me out.

What a waste of forum space!

minstrel, Mar 5, 2006 IP
  20. Deciuj

Deciuj Guest

Best Answers:
    No, there is nothing in any of the pagerank papers that supports a sliding scale. At least now I understand why you kept referring to the order of the links.

As for not going past 100 links, that isnt correct either. I'll dig up the exact quote where Matt says otherwise and post it for you in a minute. The issue is a 101k.

Minstrel, still with the insults? You have only told people they are wrong, offering nothing to back up your opinions.

Deciuj, Mar 5, 2006 IP