1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Updates, Google Penguin 2, 3, 4 and then

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Revelations-Decoder, Jun 13, 2013.

People are always trying to find ways to beat the system, usually to make a quick buck, but then the latest update comes along and they are back to the drawing board again.

Take the recent Google Penguin 2.0 update. How many threads about it across the net? Masses and masses (all advertising the word Google for free I might add) and when will they stop? Probably when Google Penguin 3.0 hits.

Then what Google Penguin 4.0?

It's the same story year after year if you sit back and watch it all.

Just another loop hole closed, another new update name and another swarm of threads all bemoaning the latest drops due to the latest update because some dodgy tactic has been nailed.

When do you think it will end?

[​IMG]

Revelations-Decoder, Jun 13, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  2. BestySEO

BestySEO Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah it always seems to be the case.. I remember the days of spamming backlinks everywhere and seeing great results in the serps.. Them days are gone, the loopholes are getting fewer and eventually they will be flushed out, the best thing to work towards now is to take a good look at your site and ask yourself "Does this site have the quality and relevance to warrant first place in google for its key phrases?"
    You are much more likely to have long term success if you stick with that mindset rather than looking for a quick fix.. The quick fixes will bite you in the arse at some point.. Thats just my opinion anyways, im sure loads of you still think that buying 1000 backlinks for $1 is the way forward... Or so i keep reading! lol.

BestySEO, Jun 13, 2013 IP
  3. rockiesfan24

rockiesfan24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think people just need to stop looking for loopholes (that will never happen). Ever since a year ago I've just been playing it safe and working on quality content, blog posts, guest posts, and good links. I don't buy spam link packages for 1000 links for like $10. I do research and make my decision. I haven't been hit by the updates at all really, only seen improvements because some competitors have been dropping.

I think authorship will come into play much more, so I've been putting my authorship tag on all my blog posts so when 3.0 comes and they give higher priority, i'll have already had a lot of content (quality) linked with my G+ authorship tag.

rockiesfan24, Jun 13, 2013 IP