1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Terminating Random accounts...

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by austzorro, May 27, 2006.

Hey guys,

Well seeing this topic is much related around my adsense account ill explain how things went.

Anyways, i got an adsense accout 2-3 months ago and used it mainly on my fansite(s), such as KalCentral.com and LoACentral.com. During a 2 month period my site(s) generated a total of $106.50 USD. However, i was still waiting for a letter to arrive to confirm my mailing address (which was and still is 2-4 weeks late). Anyways, i got an exact statement (as mentioned by someone in the first page) regarding "invalid clicks" etc.

The email read exact:
    Before this email i did receive a warning regarding some links/titles which stated "Our sponsors" which i was informed to remove within 72 hours, which i did and was thanked for removing the content.

About 2-3 days later i got the above email (as quoted). My account was terminated/suspended and the funds were being sent back to advertisers. I made an appeal 3 times and still no reply, in fact i even created another adsense account using the same contact details, name, payee address, etc but different email address to see whether i get accepted again. If i do, i guess i have a serious case on my hands. If they deny the application due to a previous termination, then at least their system is fair and secure to a degree. But like i said, if they accept the application obviously some people are being scammed and who knows were my $106.50 USD really went? probably in Google's wallet and not back to the advertisers.

I did seek legal action, since they proved no evidence of "invalid clicks" however, some said its really no use others thought a case was valid. For the time being i have a funny feeling Google is losing out and as a result publishers are being punished from things which are not our fault. I admit to clicking my own ads but i made this clear to google adsense that i may have made accidently clicks on real products i wanted information about (quoted: 5-6 clicks). However, i even made it clear that they could remove the funds which were associated with illegal clicks. However, over 1 week and no response from anyone on the google team.

Today i started using Clicksor, not sure how that goes, but i am seriously running out of options. Maybe Yahoo!'s new program will be very effective and take over google.com, since i think google is a waste of time and are simply taking peoples money for their own sake! (Current News: Advertising company suing google adsense for $90 Million dollars, for creating false or inflated clicks to suck out money from advertisers. Also a french newspaper company is sueing google for $17.5 Million for stealing the newspapers thousand dollar articles/images over a period of time and publishing them for free on their search engines when infact they are privately sold).

I hope google sinks to hell.

austzorro, May 27, 2006 IP
  2. rewlie

rewlie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a proposal with them, if they accept it, then they are smart enough, if not, i just propose it to other companies.

rewlie, May 27, 2006 IP
  3. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel your pain brother I got shafted in a similar fashion. My problem was "G" got tired of me using other ad services more frequently than their own. So I decided on using a variety of affiliate and Clicksor/Bidvertiser ads through out my sites.

As for "G"..they can (fill in the blank)...

SFOD_D223, May 27, 2006 IP
  4. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    well I can tell you the following..

1. sorry to hear about that of course, that the worst thing that can happen to a webmaster...

2. Im pretty sure they won't approve yor second account unless you use another name and address

3. taking legal action against google is almost useless with that kind of amounts

4. better don't threaten them with legal actions, but be nice and remind them about you once in a while, they'll answer.

DomainMagnate, May 27, 2006 IP
  5. runnerunner

runnerunner Active Member

Best Answers:
    stealing? I highly doubt this. It seems to me the french newspaper has the ability to restrict access to their own site, if they show up on the search engines, and click on a link and access their site without going through some sort of security, it's their own fault.

I also had an account banned from google for invalid clicks, I think it was because I was using yahoo and sending all my international traffic to google and non of my US traffic. oh well, i like yahoo better, i just hope they go international so I can make some money on my foreign traffic

runnerunner, May 27, 2006 IP
  6. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's always good to have other options. i think the major bother is having to recode a bunch of sites if you have "G" ads. But of course if your highly motivated a little work and perseverence will bring great rewards!!

SFOD_D223, May 27, 2006 IP
  7. FireStorM

FireStorM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am very sorry to hear about this .. maybe you should have done like me , read this http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=88184

FireStorM, May 27, 2006 IP
  8. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    @austzorro

Please take a look at this info on the website of fellow DP member yfs1, here is the link to the adsense reinstatement guide that could help you get your account back.

If you have done nothing intentionaly wrong apart from the 5-6 clicks you have made on your own behalf i don't think your ban is permanently.

Good luck :cool:

Edz, May 27, 2006 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  9. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    It's great that they are stating we can appeal now, if we reply with the relevant information.

That's brilliant news in fact.

Pete

GADOOD, May 27, 2006 IP
    amitpatel_3001 and yfs1 like this.
  10. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    'Invalid clicks', duplicate adsense accounts, 'legal action' ... you haven't a hope in hell of having your Adsense account reinstated.

mcfox, May 27, 2006 IP
  11. nicedeals

nicedeals Active Member

Best Answers:
    ditto that..honest webmasters have nuffin to worry about

nicedeals, May 27, 2006 IP
  12. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you actually read the agreement with Google before applying? Google can terminate your account at anytime without providing proper cause.

You have openly admitted breaking the TOS, twice!

Its no surprise you have been banned after all Google needs to protect their ROI.

cormac, May 27, 2006 IP
  13. tonyinabox

tonyinabox Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel sorry, but they can terminate your account anytime.

tonyinabox, May 27, 2006 IP
  14. scoxy

scoxy Peon

Best Answers:
    The title is a bit misleading...

"Google Terminating Random accounts... "

Is there a person sitting in a cramped room with an old PC and a list of adsense accounts on the screen. They have a keyboard but the directional and delete keys are wearing down, due to over use. Their sole job is to run through the list, pressing delete at random intervals while the computer sends out account terminated emails.

Cos thats what the title sounds like to me.

scoxy, May 27, 2006 IP
  15. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    With all due respect, here's my guess as to what Google would use to pre-screen before actually sorting out those accounts that should be banned:

1. Your in your first three months
    2. You have less than $150 dollars accumulated in clicks.
    3. Your site (and interests) fit the demographics of a male who was born after President Reagan left office.
    4. You have clicked on your own ads "only a few times".*

Google does return money to advertisers. I have seen hundreds of dollars returned to my Adwords account in the last six months. They really do try to not be evil which includes stolen click money.

I also think Google let's more established Adsense publishers live on the edge but won't let some newbied do so.

*Most people that I have heard describe a problem while drinking (getting in fights, falling down and hurting themselves, having some problem while driving, etc.) will almost always say "I only had a few beers". Few usually can be multiplied by a factor of 5 to 10 with drinking and is likely to be the same with this intoxicanting thing called Adsense.

tbarr60, May 27, 2006 IP
    classifieds likes this.
  16. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    well I don't fit any of the items so i have nothing to worry about :)

DomainMagnate, May 27, 2006 IP
  17. donteatchicken

donteatchicken Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

say what? :confused:

donteatchicken, May 27, 2006 IP
  18. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Some idiot clicks on his own ads and then wants to sue Google for banning him...

Amazing... :rolleyes:

fryman, May 27, 2006 IP
    DomainMagnate likes this.
  19. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, hate to say this but this thread is f**kin retarded, wtf are you thinking...

• You title it random accounts get banned :confused:
    • You admit to clicking on your ads '5-6 times' which is probably an understatement :cool:
    • You come here complaining about getting banned for stealing money :confused:

Whats sadder then the opening poster is the people that agree with him...
    What? :confused:

emil2k, May 27, 2006 IP
    lorien1973 likes this.
  20. DaVe™

DaVe™ Peon

Best Answers:
    people seem to forget that this money comes out of adveertisers pockets, they think its given for free by the click fairy or something

DaVe™, May 27, 2006 IP