1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Tag Manager overruled the goals/events I made in Google Analytics

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by NickBeijerinck, Sep 12, 2018.

?

Google Tag Manager overruled the goals/events I made in Google Analytics, how to fix it?

1. Make sure everything is configured well

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Don't use GTM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Hello,

I am an online marketeer and I just started at this new company. They didn't use Google Tag Manager (GTM) and I didn't want to ask my developers to implement a tag everytime I wanted to measure something new. So I decided to use GTM.

The code was implemented correctly and everything is working well for GTM, however there were already Goals and Events installed on this site in Google Analytics (GA). I saw that GTM overruled the GA events and goals and now only started to track the GTM events.

At first I thought I could put all the events that were already made in GA into GTM. However the company I am working for is responsible for 150+ domains.

Has anyone experienced this problem before and how did you fix it? Help would be really appreciated!

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my question!

Nick Beijerinck

NickBeijerinck, Sep 12, 2018 IP