1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google stop pagerank? Google: We Won't Be Updating Toolbar PageRank

Discussion in 'Google' started by goldmon, Oct 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pienisieni

pienisieni Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well yeah, I guess you cannot fake Majestic's flow metrics and Ahrefs rank or what's it called. Or will they figure out a way to do that too=) Usually if one thing goes away, people just move on to the next.

pienisieni, Oct 11, 2014 IP
  2. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Whole PR thingy is useless IMO :/

DON.

deluxdon, Oct 11, 2014 IP
  3. snyperul

snyperul Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's especially good for buyers links. I see many people selling lately advertorials etc links on sites with PR false, and that will change the way we buy. As noted earlier, however, is not so important, but rather traffic, especially if it's constantly good position in SERP, content, DA / PA ...

snyperul, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  4. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't bevieve it.

I also find it weird why they waited for so long. They could have eliminated PR in 2010, 2011. In the last 2-3 years it was almost completely senseless.

Featured ad sales will get a boost I think, if people stop paying that much attention to PR.
    I reckon, DA, PA, mozRank will have higher importance in the future. Perhaps in 2015 already!

It remains to be seen: when Google removes the PR from the Toolbar!

Mr.Dog, Oct 14, 2014 IP
  5. Cloudcandy Host

Cloudcandy Host Member

Best Answers:
    A welcome update, PR was just a tool that was used by Blackhat masters to sell the links. This update would definitely spoil the party for those guys and for the regular SEO people, Its a regular day. Build quality back links, Work on your SEO. Google hasn't changed its algorithm , They have just stopped give out the value to you.

Cloudcandy Host, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  6. Md. Shahjahan Sazal

Md. Shahjahan Sazal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If google stopping page rank, I think it is good. Every time updating version is easier to us.

Md. Shahjahan Sazal, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  7. Md Nazmul Islam

Md Nazmul Islam Active Member

Best Answers:

Md Nazmul Islam, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  8. rahikalhasan

rahikalhasan Member

Best Answers:
    Can anyone tell me when next Google page rank will be updated.

rahikalhasan, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Seriously?
    Have you read this thread and the others like it?

Short Answer: It won't be updated

sarahk, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  10. not DigitalPoint.

not DigitalPoint. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I have got information recently:
    10/15/2014 PageRank No Longer Being Updated by Google
    Dear Bloggers,

Google recently announced that they are no longer going to be updating PageRank. Please read through this article for further information: searchengineland (dot) com/google-toolbar-pagerank-finally-officially-dead-205277

Now that PR is no longer being updated it cannot be relied on as a stat/metric. We will be removing it from our interface in the future but for now we are advising advertisers to discontinue using it as a filter when making purchasing decisions.

As of now, advertisers will likely base the quality of your site on Domain Authority, backlinks, referring domains, quality of content and Google cache.

Regards,
    SupportTeam

not DigitalPoint., Oct 18, 2014 IP
  11. Roger Moon

Roger Moon Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure Google will be stopping PR soon, way too many fakers. In my opinion Domain Authority may replace it.. PR is too easy to fake and too many people do it.. I personally ignore PR when doing any seo.
    Domain authority is a lot more complex compared to PR: http://moz.com/learn/seo/domain-authority

Roger Moon, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  12. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What a load of excrement. Google will not be using DA!!! It is not even one of their metrics! ... DA is substantially less complex than PR.

Agent000, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  13. Roger Moon

Roger Moon Peon

Best Answers:
    firstly, nobody knows Google metrics for sure. There is no say that DA means nothing, I think you're wrong by totally ruling it out. Maybe they don't use the metric 'DA' but they may use something similar and DA is our closest way of understanding how close we are to that unknown metric. PA is falling away imo.

Roger Moon, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  14. Agent000

Best Answers:
    And you are wrong to think they are going to use it!
    of course they do; its called PR !!!!

Agent000, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  15. Preston Pierce

Preston Pierce Member

Best Answers:
    I remember that Google did update their PageRank last year. Anyway, it is true that Google will not update their PageRank ever. If you ask, how will it effect SEO? Then I would answer that it is good for SEO. Anytime people to me for SEO of their website, they are always fixated on PageRank. SEO is not about PageRank anymore. SEO is a marketing technique and it is time we better start treating it like a marketing. Creating online presence, publishing and distributing engaging content to our target audience, engaging with our target audience through social media platforms, and advertising through proper channels.....this is what SEO is about.

Preston Pierce, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  16. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Do you ever fact check before posting in forums?
    PR is still one of the important ranking factors in the Google algorithm and they still update it every day and factor it into the search results everyday, just like they have since 2005
    All that has happen is that they have not exported that PR value to the toolbar in a long time and ONE Google staff member has said that they probably will not be doing it again - that is Not an official announcement that they won't be.

Agent000, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  17. Preston Pierce

Preston Pierce Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for replying.

You may check Moz's Search Ranking Factors 2013. You will not find much about PageRank, though you will find a lot about Page Authority, social signals, and other such things. PageRank is a thing of the past. Please don't focus on PR anymore. All I am saying is that there are some major ranking factors that SEOs should be focusing on, not PageRank. Build citations, domain and page authority, create engaging content......do more marketing like stuff. Not just mindless link building for the sake of increasing PR that no longer have any value.

Preston Pierce, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  18. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Yes, you should read that and make sure you read it properly. There is an obvious reason that PR was not in that report!

Agent000, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  19. djnoslee

djnoslee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, as far as I remembered, the same issue was already published and talked about few years ago, until on December 2013, there were changes on Page ranks of some websites, so page ranking will not stop, just my thoughts, we'll just see what will happen on the upcoming days.

djnoslee, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  20. Preston Pierce

Preston Pierce Member

Best Answers:
    hmm you may be right. I may have to correct myself a little. On a blog post by WooRank, they mentioned that PR is among 200 ranking factors but no longer a determining factor in for ranking. So what I meant still holds, that the focus must not be on PR. THanks

Preston Pierce, Oct 20, 2014 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.