1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Start Testing CPA Ads

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by tlainevool, Jun 21, 2006.

1. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
  2. ainmohd

ainmohd Peon

Best Answers:
    ainmohd, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  3. Market-Trend

Market-Trend Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont worry this is just another piece of the action for Google, taking on CJ etc.

Adsense is here to stay.....MSN & YAHOO havent even got their equivlents into Europe & elsewhere yet !

Market-Trend, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  4. dlcmh

dlcmh Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope Google will release CPA ads on a global basis. More diversity in ad types = more opportunities for increasing ad revenue for publishers, all other factors remaining constant.

dlcmh, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  5. DaStarBuG

DaStarBuG Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi

I just read about google introducing a new network called:

Content Referral Network

Source: googles-new-ad-network.html

Is it true?
    Did anyone got an invitation?

StarBuG

DaStarBuG, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  6. darker123

darker123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have received the invitation 2 days ago. Google provide a personal service and assigns an adsense rep to each account. I have implemented the CPA ads yesterday. So far there is no way to see the stats on CPA ads performace in your adsense account. As per adsense rep. they will email me the stats every week with amount earned and clickthrus and impressions.

darker123, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  7. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    TheHoff, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  8. mass nerder

mass nerder Peon

Best Answers:
    Clients are going to be very happy when this becomes available to everyone!

mass nerder, Jun 23, 2006 IP
  9. Diddy1

Diddy1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people are receiving invitations to participate in a new google adsense program called CPA or Cost-Per-Action it reads like this:

The Google AdSense team would like to invite you to test a feature that provides you with a new way to earn revenue from your website by hosting ads that are compensated based on a Cost-Per-Action [CPA] basis. These ads are very different in that you will be able to choose amongst a selection and you will also have more flexibility in promoting them…

The attachment contained the following:

How do I participate in the CPA test?

Simply reply to the invitation email and express your interest in participating and we will send you some sample CPA ads. You can then choose which ads you’d like to host and we will send you the code to copy and paste on to your site. It’s just that easy!

What can I do to optimize my revenue from the CPA ads?

While we encourage you to experiment as much as possible with these ads on your site, here are some general tips on implementing a CPA ad:
    1) Ads that blend in with the site and are placed prominently tend to perform better. Look to integrate the ad within the page.
    2) Ads that are relevant to the interest of your site visitor also tend to perform better. For example, if you have a travel site, having ads relevant to airline travel would generate higher interest. For more tips on increasing revenue, please see our optimization tips page at:

How do I get paid?

You get paid whenever a site visitor clicks on the ad on your site AND performs a specified action, such as generating a lead or purchasing a product.

Do these compete with regular content ads?

These ads will not compete with contextually targeted ads. Instead, they will show across a separate network, the Content Referral network. To place one of these ads on your site, you can set up a new ad unit that supports any of our current ad unit sizes.

How much could publishers expect to earn with this CPA test?

How much a publisher will earn will depend on a number of factors about the publisher and advertiser, including whether the ads match the topic of the site, and level of interest of their site visitors. We have tried to match the appropriate publishers with advertisers for this test.

Will CPA offerings compete with my current AdSense revenue?

We expect that the CPA test will offer ad units that will expand publishers AFC revenue because the ad units are separate and appeal to different types of users. These CPA ads are also additional inventory to your existing AFC ad units.

How can I promote the CPA ad unit?

Since this is a test and these CPA ads are not regular ad units, we are giving you more flexibility in saying things like "I recommend this product" or "Try JetBlue today" next to the CPA ad unit. However, you should still not incite someone to click on the ad, so saying "Click Here" is not ok.

Where do these CPA ads comes from?

The CPA ads come from a limited group of high quality advertisers that are interested in displaying ads on a CPA basis. They pay you whenever a site visitor performs a specified action, such as generating a lead or purchasing a product.

Will I be able to see reports within my account?

When the test begins, you will receive weekly email reports of conversions you have accrued and your total revenue within the CPA test.

This means in a couple of days thismay come out of testing and all of us can use it. Opening new opportunities for us publishers as this will make significantly more money than clicks.

Thank You

Diddy1, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  10. comp71

comp71 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wish they would give more information. They are so vague.

comp71, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  11. Endurer

Endurer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Still not in my woods yet, I will have to wait for Google's invitation to see what it's really like. I do hope that they will provide text links for CPA ads too alongside banners.

It would definitely hurt other CPA networks such as valueclick.

Endurer, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  12. Ajeet

Ajeet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that this is a very interesting development and will only help publishers and advertisers :)

Ajeet, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  13. Endurer

Endurer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The question is, how much will one make from CPA leads? I believe that it will be higher than what we get paid for from contextual advertising ala cpc. But will it be worth all the hard work?

Endurer, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  14. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is currently testing a new ad model, the "cost-per-action" ads. Basically, the advertiser no longer gets charged for clicks, but rather when the clicks result to an action that the advertiser is seeking such as purchases, membership sign-ups, etc...

I absolutely would love to sign up for this program as I would only be charged for traffic that turns into sale leads.

The current Pay-Per-Click model is flawed as I believe there is too much fraud in this and advertisers such as myself are loosing a lot of money in fraudulent or useless clicks.

What do you guys think? Would it cost too much to the advertiser?

More on this can be found in this press release: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2006/6/prweb403094.htm

ablaye, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  15. yaffer

yaffer Active Member

Best Answers:
    sounds good if they can track your click to see if it ends up in an eventual conversion. also there would have to be a pretty steep minimum price.

yaffer, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  16. bobisawsome7

bobisawsome7 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't like this kind of stuff. Not every clicker is a buyer. :S

bobisawsome7, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  17. ewan

ewan Peon

Best Answers:
    Now the problem maybe reversed, as some people say the the CPC version is a fraud. But the cost per action can be a flawed too, if retailers or whoever is getting the conversion doesnt own up to it. Or if Google Adwords conversion tracker gets it wrong then there will be issues.

However, it maybe harder for advertisement publishers to make their $$ now. As the onus on getting a conversion is partly up to the publisher.

ewan, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  18. wibr

wibr Peon

Best Answers:
    How is this different than an affiliate program? Under an affiliate program - If I redirect traffic to a sponsor's site, and the user then buys something, I get a commission. That sounds almost like what google is doing with C-P-A, except of course google, a third party in this transaction, would be getting a cut also.

Why pay a middle man, google, when the transaction could take place with just two parties.

But... ah... Google would become the third party payment processor in this method. This could certainly work for those people that don't have the funds, and don't want the headaches, of managing their own affiliate program.

I can't see google dropping their PPC model for this. I CAN see'em doing both though.

wibr, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  19. Diddy1

Diddy1 Peon

Best Answers:

Yeah I think they are going to use them as part of the adsense program like google search or referall.

Thank You

Diddy1, Jun 26, 2006 IP
  20. cafinater

cafinater Peon

Best Answers:
    One thing that might do is a lot of people running Google might change to other ad companies, as the advantages of Google over affiliate programs would largely be neutralized. Unless Google continues to run the pay per click as well... the bid price pf PPC might go down, as the serious bidders would probably pay for actions, and the traffic seekers would pay per click.

cafinater, Jun 26, 2006 IP