1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google slaughtering datafeed sites

Discussion in 'Websites' started by ferret77, Mar 10, 2006.

1. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Couldn't agree more. I think it makes a mockery of the whole system. Webmasters just get a script and publish content on their sites through datafeed and paste the Adsense code and make a killing. It would be great if Google just drop them alltogether and promote sites with original content.

qwestcommunications, Mar 10, 2006 IP
    1 person likes this.
  2. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    a lot of people who say stuff like that just don't have the technical knowledge to cash in them

now we are branching of into the people make moeny doing things I can't or won't do so I hate them area

ferret77, Mar 10, 2006 IP
    classifieds likes this.
  3. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    No, we're branching off into people doing things that contribute nothing useful and exist only to make some quick fly-by-night money for the owner getting annoyed because Google is on to them now and de-indexing the crap sites.

The rest of the world will applaud Google. Webmasters like you won't. My vote goes to Google and the rest of the world.

minstrel, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  4. seopup

seopup Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe they must start with topix.net ? :rolleyes:

seopup, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  5. ol.

ol. Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not a dup content filter I don't think...

Just going back to the example I showed previously supports that argument.

If Google's duplicate content filters are that incredible, why am I getting (literally) 2 pages of the same article across a number of different sites.

It's not restricted to just that term either...

Even for consumer products I'm seeing pages with dup content (I assume data feed sites).

ol., Mar 10, 2006 IP
  6. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Actually doing inventory now I have found a few unqiue content sites totally MIA also, totally unique content except for a couple links pages, also, i just noticed the data feeds faster because they lost their coop weight.

7. seopup

seopup Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think this will ever happen there are 1000s of websites that consist only from others content , news websites , price comparison websites .

I think with a few good links and 5-10k coop weight to 10+ pages will make google love it .

Just my 0.021 australian cents (I am not from australia :) )

seopup, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  8. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Ferret, have you been using the BigDaddy data center?

mcfox, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  9. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    nope. not really sure at first i just figured they cranked the dup filter, and just killed the datafeeds, and maybe some of the content sites, because they had links pages, but now I have found a couple that don't have links pages and are 100% unqiue content. The only strike they would have against them is some 3 way links and directory submissions. Wow, I might actually finally get to try a reinclusion request.

10. DavidAusman

DavidAusman Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont notice any changes in Google result page. Are using turnkey content generator like Traffic Equalizer or Darkside optimization?

DavidAusman, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  11. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is it all data centers that they are gone from? I have a site (unique content) that has gone supplemental, except the home page in the BD data centers. I think that's a temporary issue, though.

lorien1973, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  12. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Nope just datafeeds from shareasale and amazon, all the sites are relatively new, like less then year old

I tried the mcdar tool and even my precious content sites are gone from all DCs. Thats sucks content is expensive.

13. ashiezai

ashiezai Peon

Best Answers:
    my datafeed sites are not doing well too, the indexed page has dropped drammatically, but not until the extent of de-index.

ashiezai, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  14. nedguy

nedguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Anybody watching webmasterworld?

There's a thread on Supplemental Club-Big Daddy that's been going like a train for the last few days. All about pages being dropped from the main index and going supplemental. Googleguy dropped in yesterday to say something was broken:

"Hey, I wanted to stop by and give an update. I think we found what the immediate issue was. Future indexing should start picking up most affected people's pages again, though it may take a few more days for it to be visible. I'll check in again after the weekend is over to see if most people are seeing pages returning."

nedguy, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Or Answers.com. :(

Will.Spencer, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  16. GadgetMadness.com

GadgetMadness.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Man I hope they get it fixed. Here I was freaking out that some changes I'd made had whacked me - I am getting zero traffic from Google, where before I was getting 7000 a day. I have an Amazon storefront but the primary blog (http://www.gadgetmadness.com) is 100% original content.

GadgetMadness.com, Mar 10, 2006 IP