1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google sitemaps

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by NWelsh, Oct 18, 2005.

Would anyone like to share their experience about google's sitemap program. I have site which has only has a fraction of it's pages indexed. How fast do pages get indexed?
    SEMrush

NWelsh, Oct 18, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Depends on how big your site is. If you have 50,000 pages you may never get them all indexed. If you have 20 pages then you should get them all indexed in a few months.

Just takes time.

aaron_nimocks, Oct 18, 2005 IP
  3. Pootwan

Pootwan Active Member

Best Answers:
    And also on how much G likes your site -- if you are not liked (e.g. low PR, not many incoming links) I doubt if G will index you despite you telling it about the many thousands of pages you have. At least it won't update regularly. Telling G about your pages is not the same as motivating it to actually read them! Sad but true (I think!)

Pootwan

Pootwan, Oct 26, 2005 IP
  4. forumbulge

forumbulge Guest

Best Answers:
    So in the end yes its worth running the sitemap tool but whether it will help or not is another matter.
    I think we're pretty assured though that it can't hurt, so figure you may as well use it.

forumbulge, Oct 26, 2005 IP