1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google sitemaps + multiple sites - Problem?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by addaminsane, Apr 22, 2008.

Hey, i was thinking, is it against a webmasters best interest to have say 10 sites covering the same type of topic and submitting a sitemap for each one on the same webmaster account? Wouldn't that basically be like having 10 sites on the same ip address and hurt seo...which is really the only reason you'd build multiple sites covering the same keywords.

addaminsane, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google uses the information you give them to their advantage - just like using the same adsense publisher ID on each site, or having the same whois information, or same class c ip address. If the keywords are on the same topic, you should create one site, and then target each keyword on a different page and build links to those pages.

mjewel, Apr 22, 2008 IP
  3. TheHawk

TheHawk Peon

Best Answers:
    good question, never really thought of it before.

TheHawk, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  4. objx

objx Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think it will affect your SEO ranking. Instead I think it will make it easier for Google to separate the different sites.

objx, Apr 24, 2008 IP