1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

google sitemap - Validation error 200 in the header of 404 pages

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by Fishing Forum, Oct 24, 2005.

Google Sitemaps Hi - Not sure this is the right place to post but as its about google sitemap this will do for now

I have a problem that when I click verification button on google sitemap I get the below message

Now my dum question is can I change this ( if so how Im a bit dim :p ) or is it something that my hosting company will have to do for me

Thanks for your time

Fishing Forum, Oct 24, 2005 IP
  2. urbanor

urbanor Guest

Best Answers:
    If you don't have access to your web server your hosting company will have to make the change for you. Although from what I've read, Google will still index sitemap files even if the site has not been verified

urbanor, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  3. Fishing Forum

Fishing Forum Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats for the reply on google sitemap

Hope so - as I do not hold must hope with my costmers services as today I spoke to them and go knows were they are now as its sounds like a call center in the far east and lets just say my english ( Iam english ) they could not understand - so lets hope the old Validation error 200 in the header of 404 pages for google sitemaps does not stop it working
    thanks again :p

EDIT

YOu right as found the google group for google sitemaps heres the link if anyone is interested and has not found it already >> google sitemaps

Fishing Forum, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  4. MKInfo

MKInfo DP Guard Dog

Best Answers:
    MKInfo, Nov 8, 2005 IP