1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Sitemap Parsing Error

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by nickjason, Jul 26, 2009.

I've had nothing but small issues that have taken hours of searching to figure out. I am not sure if its just me, or what, but this hasn't been fun!

My latest problem is with Google Sitemap. I have the plugin installed, and have just a few things imported (to try and make it easier). I have verified the site through Google's Webmaster Tools. When I upload my gsitemap.php, I get the following parsing error from google:

Parsing error
    We were unable to read your Sitemap. It may contain an entry we are unable to recognize. Please validate your Sitemap before resubmitting.
    Problem detected on:
    Jul 19, 2009

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall e107, cleared the cache, and tried about 20 other things. I have no users banned atm, so the bot is not banned.I cannot figure out why this error is occuring. Any help would be great, because I would love to get my site listed on google at some point. If I go to my site it shows fine and navigates fine, yet problem if I try to upload it to Google.

So, I just turned off auto-ban (site preferences -> security & protection -> auto ban on/off). I did not have any users banned, but once Auto Ban was turned off, and a few min to update, the submit sitemap on Google worked.

nickjason, Jul 26, 2009 IP